Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

And I also agree we are too slow!!

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Whitehall, is he Bennett in disguise ?
    Why take Wilson off ? He was the only threat we had.

GreenunGreenun
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2014
    Topics: 0

Remember years ago going to Maine Road to watch Man City when they were in League 1 or whatever it was called then. Believe they were playing Colchester who had gone there to frustrate and get a point. Today reminded me of that. Agree we need to keep it simple and we have a lot to learn about these sort of teams. The quicker the better.
    Sat at the popular side of Maine Road and cannot for life of me remember what it was called. Help please.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Not thinking off the Kippax are you?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

I think taking Cameron Wilson off was our downfall, their keeper saved a penalty and some one on ones but the rebounds fell for us but the finishing was shocking, they took their goal well with their only real second half effort but wasn’t good defending, I also thought they looked better than I thought they would have been, Whitehall probably shouldn’t have started because he didn’t look fit and that injury in preseason, but a frustrating day

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Bloody hell sharpshooter, that could have been my wife talking, UTI.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Strange game to summarise.

Crowd were bang up for it at kick off and we started fast out the blocks. First 20 minutes we played some tidy football and the play leading to the penalty was excellent. We score that and it’s finishing 3/4, Sports looked nervous and couldn’t settle.

Unfortunately we couldn’t capitalise and once Sports settled and went deeper, the 4-3-3 began to look less effective.

Second half: beautiful strike from Butterfield, we should have really kicked on but we were just not clinical enough. Too many touches in the opposition 18 yard box and too reluctant to pull the trigger. It was inevitable Sports would make us pay.

Felt like a defeat at full time eventhough in reality we’ve dominated large periods of the game and played some nice football. The expectation of the supporters in the ground was palpable, you could feel we expected to blow the Turbine’s away. The players are going to have to learn to deal with the pressure.

MOTM- Scales. Thought he looked class for the level. Denton and the keeper looked solid too.

Pitch was a joke. Grass left too long and the lines were all over the place.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

that’s what you get when you don’t have professional groundsman it resembled my front garden, i would say it may even benefit us moving to gainsboro if hillton can bury the hatchet

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Bit of karma happened for their goalie, Whitehall grabbed his water bottle and emptied it very early on he couldn’t believe it when he went for a drink later on, goalie, ref and most of fans didn’t notice, he’s a right Mr nasty I like him over the long term hell be the man imo.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I Still think we’re a striker short. Not just down to the strikers though as Wilson had a few chances as well. The finishing was diabolical, if we had our shooting boots on we would have been 3/4 up before they even scored.

Miles and Miles above them but we all know it doesn’t matter how much better you look and how dominant you are, if you don’t find a 2nd and 3rd goal you always run the risk of getting hit by a sucker punch.

I’m sure if we had say A Coalan Lavery up front we would have breezed that. Wilson needs to do better as well in front of goal.

I thought we played really well minus the ridiculous finishing. Elliot isn’t a lone striker so can’t see him getting many this season and Whitehall looks a tidy enough targetman but can’t see him netting 20+ goals.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

And Beestin just gets away with it, how did he get to stay on the pitch for the whole game.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I thought Beestin was fairly good personally, nothing outstanding but did a job. I would have rated him 6.2 out of 10. On the result I’m not too disheartened as we’re creating chances but we have to be way, way better in front of goal.

Whitehall today looked terrible. As I said above, we’re still lacking firepower.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Still waiting to get served in the Iron Bar. Shouldn’t be too long now. Anyone want one getting while I’m here?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Any chance of Whitehall and Elliott being on the pitch at the same time do you think?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

When’s our Cal Roberts back?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Some bloke on Facebook telling people we need to lower our expectations of players taking too much time on the ball as we’re NLN. What a crock of s****! I’ve seen plenty of teams at lower levels than this who play up and at it direct stuff. Making excuses for any old failing. Whitehall needs to stay behind for shooting practice too

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Wait, wasn’t the argument that we should do well because our players did well at a higher level or were wanted by higher level clubs? Now we’re being told that we can’t expect them to be great at NLN.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And that.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

re yesterday .. a few thoughts

Not a bad performance , should ov won by 2 or 3 but that didnt transpire..

Great goal by Butters who is head n shoulders above this level.

One thing is evident .. the team needs a proper striker who can finish , a terrier goal poacher in the style of Sharp, Hooper.

Pics of the food looks very nice n decent comments ..im sure that will improve in time.

anyway on to Darlo who are played 2 lost 2.. its only a couple of days away so get yer shooting boots on guys.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.