NEXT UP IS BANBURY ON TUESDAYNIGHT

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace NEXT UP IS BANBURY ON TUESDAYNIGHT

• Author
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

This game at Banbury away on Tuesday night could be a difficult encounter for Scunny, what with our present away form added to the fact that Banbury have taken 13 poinys from their last 6 matches whereas Scunthorpe’ have gained just 10 points. But it must be a match that we go all out for a wim.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Probably good that Blyth game was off.
    A few more days for fitness to make a breakthrough into the more damaged members of the squad. (And a game I would not have seen will now be televised. Apologies for the selfishness.)
    A slight variant on that thought is in avoiding too much fixture crowding when the strongest side is not yet available.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The only target for tuesday is a WIN. Need to keep in that 2/3 and thereby increase the pressure on those below.

Hope in these next 5 games a gap can be opened.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

If we play like a cock-horse I’ll be cross!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Banbury have won the last three games but the pitch was unplayable last Saturday

plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

Listening to Jimmys prematch interview it sounds like Cal Roberts is getting a run out for 30 minutes or so tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed he can make a difference in the midfield alongside Butters – or will Jimmy bring him on for Butters in the second half?
    No Danny Elliot – so Im guessing hes going with one up front in the first half – maybe bringing on Bennett to partner Danny Whitehall if things are going well in the second half.
    I personally hope Danny puts more effort into staying on his feet, and less time looking for cheap free kicks, and moaning at the ref – I always worry hes going to drop the team in it and win a RED Card. Maybe he models himself on Paul Mullin :)
    Looking forward to the match and hopefully 3 points – UTI

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

1-1 @ 24/5
    It’s the shortest correct score price.

plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Topics: 27

Just the one up front it is then with Bennet gone and Eliott injured.
    Fingers crossed the midfield pitch in again with a few goals. Time for Cal Roberts to shine?
    Going for a 3 – 0 win. UTI

SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

The games just get bigger and bigger. Can the mighty Tamworth be caught?

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 36

So is this match going to be televised? Ifso where? I can’t find it on search…

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Ever thought of looking on the OWS or SUFC twitter for information?

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 36

Doh!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

So is this match going to be televised? Ifso where? I can’t find it on search…

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule

anyoldiron79Richard Ballard
    Participant
    Registered On: October 20, 2015
    Topics: 0

Really impressed with the commentary tonight with Lee Turnbull, comes across as being quite knowledgeable. Two superbly taken goals by the sounds of it and a lot of possession in the final third.

FiftyPenceFifty Pence
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2016
    Topics: 1

The commentary on the live feed from Banbury is quite funny. Scunny are a top class side at the top of their game and are poetry in motion according to them. We are playing well, but from the commentator it sounds like Brazil ’82

2 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Watched the live stream and listened to the humberside commentary. Good job Turnbull was there as Wishart is hopeless. Called Scales “Smith” just about every time. Roberts had been on 5 minutes before he realised.
    Good away win, 2 great goals.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

@SUFCOFFICIAL Twitter / X updates reported some ‘ole’s’ from the Iron faithful towards the end

Participant

I viewed the match on NLN streaming, and really enjoyed the game, the way Scunthorpe played Banbury off the park with some really very good passing throughout, and two brilliant 25 yard goals.

The commentators were also good to listen to, and what a change to have a first class ref, he got everything right all the time. Really, the score could easily have been 4 or 5 n. iThe only downer for myself was the constant throwing himseft to the floor was our centre forward who did this every time the ball came near him, he should have been booked for that, probably that was the only mistake the ref made, if he spent more time playing fooyball instead of looking for free kicks all the time he would be worth being selected.

A following of 220 Scunny fans out of a crowd of 900 should be praised for going all the way to Bedfordshire, and making themseles heard throughout, well done guys.

Bad news afterwards is that Ogle has fractured his collar bone and he will be badly missed, hope he gets fit soon.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Best away performance of the season tonight.

Fluid, attacking football first half, with 2 excellent strikes. Not sure how it came across on TV but The Banbury pitch was huge which seemed to be advantageous to us. Second half was more reserved but I thought we managed the game well with decent enough chances to add to the tally.

Sounds like Ogle has fractured his collar bone so that will be him out till Xmas you’d imagine, Barrows came on and looked comfortable though; he should be a more than adequate replacement.

We’ve responded in almost perfect fashion since the Chester debacle and now have a kind run of fixtures, we have a real chance to put points on the board and potentially open a gap up

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Barrows without doubt looks better at RB than he does CB. I do like Ogle for his work ethic and his attitude but think he’s pretty rubbish technically when it comes to passing and getting the ball in the box.

In my opinion we may be better off with Barrows at RB as he looks a better footballer.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I watched online, with BBC RH commentary. It was a good first half – a super performance and two superb goals. The second half was a little less fun, perhaps because Banbury seemed to alter their shape which knocked United out of their stride a little bit. All in all, though, a very successful and entertaining evening.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

A following of 220 Scunny fans out of a crowd of 900 should be praised for going all the way to Bedfordshire, and making themseles heard throughout, well done guys.

They did well to make themselves heard from Bedfordshire, what were they watching? :-)

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

A great watch, easily the best away performance of the season, more please.
    A slight criticism, if I’m allowed, I thought we missed a fair few shooting opportunities around the edge of the box, need to be a bit braver. (said Neil Cox)
    Kelly played RB when Ogle was injured earlier, although he’s a leftie I still think he’s better than Barrows.

Participant

A great watch, easily the best away performance of the season, more please.
    A slight criticism, if I’m allowed, I thought we missed a fair few shooting opportunities around the edge of the box, need to be a bit braver. (said Neil Cox)
    Kelly played RB when Ogle was injured earlier, although he’s a leftie I still think he’s better than Barrows.

No Cass, if Cox had made that comment it would have been (really, really must be braveer)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Nice to hear we really performed at last away from home even if me and especially MK missed it, (the first game he’s missed this season) well glad for all them who went last night they deserved that.
    On to Saturday let’s keep it going.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Barrows to be fair to him came here off the back of a bad injury and was played in CB which he didn’t look comfortable. If Barrows carries on from last night we’ll be fine.

Looked good last night and will only get better with more game time.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I worked with a rugby player who broke a collarbone and was playing again in 3 weeks!
    When I did mine, however, it was five weeks before I could move properly and a month on that before I was even driving.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Could be an age/work thing les. Fit young footballer vs ageing author?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.