Next season’s admission prices

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Next season’s admission prices

• Author
    Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

After a quick scout around the NL North grounds websites, it seems the average cost for adult entry will be around £14. Our current prices if you turn up ad hoc are £25 seating and £21 terrace.
    With this being quite a considerable difference, does it seem that a cut in prices are inevitable in order to retain our diehard supporters ?
    The management team must be doing the maths and possibly naive to suggest people will flock down there at the current costings.
    Yes, I have accepted our fate and a second successive relegation further into the abyss sadly.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Keep them as they are to keep the club full time professionals. Ask people if they want to pay an extra pound per game and when they’ve accrued 1899 give a share to the trust.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Can’t see how they can charge anything more than £15 if they want to retain a decent attendance. We are talking region non league football after all ! If we remain full time if relegated, then someone will be doing some serious bankrolling. Whatever the price, our attendances won’t support full time football in my opinion.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Have to be reduced When most of the league is part time, you can’t expect people to be paying £22.

Hilton hinted that the club cannot operate at its current capacity so changes are coming regardless. The academy could be one of the first casualties

However, A big saving would be to stop making unnecessary signings.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I think Hilton said that only Chapman and Elliott were contracted for next season so we can rule out any income from transfers. Will the crowdfunding help to sustain us next season? Anybody any idea how it’s going?

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Word is that the academy is not going to be funded by Hilton next season! They are looking for alternative funding but if that fails there is no chance of the academy carrying on next season

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

Be lucky to have a club

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

It was said that it was only ever run for the EFL funding.

£10 standing
    £12 seating
    £15 central area of stands

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Only 300.000 parachute payment next season down from 600.000.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Keep similar prices if you want to see attendances drop. Personally, I can’t see that happening. Hilton seems pretty business savvy, unlike the previous egomaniac.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I pay £20 for my seat and get 2 x under 18 tickets free of charge, great value IMO.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It’s under 12s but like you say still great value.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

I read somewhere Kings Lynn was over £20 to get in. £22 i think. also saw Notts County had a box for 10 for £4.5k for a full season – don’t know what ours cost but it used to be quite a lot – all the pricing needs looking at when we get to regional football level – even part time despite Hilton saying we won’t

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

As an OAP my rates are very reasonable even as a non season ticket holder these days. A seat in the East Stand costs me £16 max and sometimes it’s only £15, if I chose a season ticket it works out much less then either of those prices and I have to say I’ve no problem if I have to pay the same next season but I also understand everyone’s circumstances are different and I can understand why some expect a pro rata discount for a less higher bracket of football we may be watching next season. I’m easy either way TBH.

Participant

The concession prices at the club cannot be faulted, but again, £22 adult prices for regional football won’t wash with many.

Still not a patch on Walsall though, their supporters are in uproar with their recently released prices- £520 for league 2 football

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Walsall are now buying the ground though instead of renting it the mortgage needs paying I’m afraid.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Boston is £14 for Terracing and £16 for the stand, which is about normal across the division.

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

I’d happily pay this years prices if it was to watch a team competing to win the division.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Surely the smart move is to lower prices – that way they can raise them when we fly up the leagues (in 10 years time)

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Word is that the academy is not going to be funded by Hilton next season! They are looking for alternative funding but if that fails there is no chance of the academy carrying on next season

Don’t know if Lincoln City have changed but they had to fund themselves certainly until entering div 2.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I’ve said it before plenty of times, the people most likely to be put off by the cost are the casual fans so why do clubs charge them the most? £20+ for 6th tier football is absolutely laughable. If you want to get bums on seats, prices have to be reduced.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

If you want to get bums on seats you have to start scoring goals and winning games.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Clubs aren’t really interested in season ticket holders once they’ve got their money, so the money is in the casuals (glory boys in my day) why should it be cheap for them when their not prepared to commit, they don’t turn up very often so make them pay, same in most other situations flights, holidays, buy a ticket for a concert or pay on the door, like NI says win games you’ll get the bums on seats.

Participant

We could win every game next year, but it’s still regional football at a part time level, so £22 is too much .

There’s a floating support at the minute waiting to be tapped in too, next year is a good opportunity to get 4,000 through the door every game. With early bird prices being delayed, I expect the club are waiting to see what league we are in which will mean a price reduction.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

There’s a big difference between saying ‘you need to start winning to get bums on seats’ and ‘win games you’ll get the bums on seats’.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Let’s not forget that despite the fact that many on here have complained about the inadequacies of GP it will be one of the best stadiums in NL(N).

Many of the grounds are basic by comparison. I know Blyth and Spennymoor reasonably well and both are mostly terraced standing with one cramped grandstand with seating. At Blyth you pay a supplement on top of the general admission to sit down.

They charge around £15 adults, £10 concessions.

But you are not getting like for like facilities.

I think people need to bear this in mind.

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023
    Topics: 0

10-15% lower price is reasonable.
    Up again when promotion back, I think David smart enough.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

It’s under 12s but like you say still great value.

I’ve had 2 under 18 tickets free of charge every game I’ve been to which is about 80%.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry not at our ground Pat under 18s Cost 6 pounds only under 12s free, no doubt you can blag it if I’ve got a spare free one I give it to the iron youth in the queue.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Clubs aren’t really interested in season ticket holders once they’ve got their money, so the money is in the casuals (glory boys in my day) why should it be cheap for them when their not prepared to commit, they don’t turn up very often so make them pay, same in most other situations flights, holidays, buy a ticket for a concert or pay on the door, like NI says win games you’ll get the bums on seats.

Your argument doesn’t really hold up there. Do you pay less with Ryanair just because you take a flight every week? No.

That might be a suitable model where demand outstrips supply but that’s not the case at GP is it? Every seat unsold is a lost opportunity; even if you sell it for £1 that’s £1 more than you would otherwise have got, there’s no variable cost involved in selling more seats.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.