New manager needed for NLN

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace New manager needed for NLN

• Author
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Get your coat Jimmy!!

I’d take Nelson (bit of a gamble which would be less so had we given him time) or go after my original choice of Craig Elliot currently performing miracles at Buxton in the NLN.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Get your coat Jimmy!!

I’d take Nelson (bit of a gamble which would be less so had we given him time) or go after my original choice of Craig Elliot currently performing miracles at Buxton in the NLN.

😂😂😂 What you actually believed we were staying up when JD arrived?, grow up.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Grow up????

Very childish you moron!!

He’s had the best opportunity any manager has had for years… league position aside the points were available!!

He’s played crap tactics and finished us off with a team that (on paper) are much better than the NLN

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Bring back Lawsy. Then we could replace the Car Salesman with a Real Car Salesman.

Or get Pepperami to sponsor next year’s shirt for the Wideboy in the dugout.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I don’t know if Dean’s the answer but we were relegated in January, the Nelson would’ve kept us up theory doesn’t hold water for me. He did the best he could with the tools available but we never hit the form where survival was a realistic aim. Our team was absolutely abysmal, we aren’t much better at the minute but Hilton either had to roll the dice or stick and accept NLN back in January. He chose to throw everything at survival so credit for giving it a go, it’s not worked out but it was always a long shot.

In my opinion one of our biggest problems is the turnovers of players, we have no identity at all. Too many short term contracts and loans and the team is in a constant state of flux. We must have used an average of 30-35 players a season over the past few years; it’s ridiculous. Throw in a good 5/6 managers/ probably more to the mix and you start to paint a clear picture why we look like a bunch of strangers most weeks.

Unless things catastrophic go wrong between now and May, then I want to see our coaching set up in place over the summer and for the start of next year. Dean/Plummer/Nelson will know who’s worth keeping and who’s not, there’s plenty of time to find the right player , and more importantly the right character to build for next year. Give them a proper pre season to build a team and judge them then.

As mentioned earlier, Dean may prove to be out his depth- I don’t know yet. But to be calling for his head now is for me, mind boggling.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

He’s bloody clueless

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I agree SST. Posters need to park everything else off to the side and just focus on what Dean has actually brought and how he himself has performed with what he’s had/got.

These are the known facts..

Style of play is awful
    Use of substitutes awful
    Failure to adapt tactically when we’re under the cosh
    Chops and changes personnel for no real reason e.t.c “splits partnership of Shrimpton and Pugh up while they were playing well”

Look, he’s tactically absolutely dreadful. Dean will have had not far off half a season in charge once this season is done and dusted.

Team has no real identity or style of play. I don’t call booting the ball up to a substandard isolated target man really a style.

Putting everything to one side with Swannster and looking at Dean I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

“I don’t know what I’m doing, but my incompetence has never stopped my enthusiasm.”

Woody Allen.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Dean needs to f@&k off

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023
    Topics: 0

I don’t think we can promotion next year with Jimmy.
    He can’t get the best from player.
    Lack of consistently,one match can win with many goals
    other can lost heavily.
    Consistent means a lot in title chasing.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

“If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats. But if you take no risks, you win no victories.”

Richard M. Nixon

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Under Nelson the team had fight, passion and desire he was getting performances from a largely substandard team of players. Would we have stayed up under Nelson? That we will never know now but I would have fancied our chances more than under Dean.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014

Time for a Jimmy in/out iron bru poll

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

Its alright blaming Dean but Hilton must take some of the blame. He came in here and brought Dean in and a cartload of players who he knows nothing about. Nice one Hylton.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

I stopped watching the Iron for a couple of years – just a handful of games that sent me to sleep. Came back just before Jimmy Dean came in. All the games have been entertaining,even the game we lost at home. We were certainties for relegation before he came,but he has brought the entertainment value back to the club in a short period of time.He needs time and what I’ve seen i am still optimistic for the future.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

It’s a familiar story.
    Surprising how much the club have in common with Spain’s Malaga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65042578

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Here we go again! As a club we cannot just keep swapping managers when things are not going for us, Jimmy has not had enough time to settle in, yes he has made mistakes and probably brought in to many players to find a winning team.

But Jimmy is not responsible for our position, this took 5 seasons of ever more declining teams, staff and leagues so your not going to change in 2 months what took 5 seasons of decline and bad ownership to get where we are.

Personally I think we need an experienced director of football in the Barry Fry mold who can help and guide him, Lee Turnbull seems to have disappeared but I would also get him back scouting as he has been the best scout we have had.

Having said that football has become a culture of blame the manager for everything and he maybe not make it into next season, but we’ll thing for certain we can not just keep rolling over manager after manager.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

He’s bloody clueless

Listening figures down on the podcast SST, sounds like your touting for business🤔.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 104

I want to see our coaching set up in place over the summer and for the start of next year. Dean/Plummer/Nelson will know who’s worth keeping and who’s not

It will be easy for them when they only have those who want to stay to choose from.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 104

I stopped watching the Iron for a couple of years – just a handful of games that sent me to sleep. Came back just before Jimmy Dean came in. All the games have been entertaining,even the game we lost at home.

Did you miss the County game bill?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I stopped watching the Iron for a couple of years – just a handful of games that sent me to sleep. Came back just before Jimmy Dean came in. All the games have been entertaining,even the game we lost at home. We were certainties for relegation before he came,but he has brought the entertainment value back to the club in a short period of time.He needs time and what I’ve seen i am still optimistic for the future.

We were in better form with Nelson, to be fair.

It was always a tough ask with Dean. The disappointing thing with him are the rudimentary mistakes, which may indicate him being out of his depth. Of course he might learn from them, but they are worrying.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘All the games have been entertaining,even the game we lost at home. We were certainties for relegation before he came,but he has brought the entertainment value back to the club in a short period of time.’

You’ve clearly not seen all the games recently. ‘Brought the entertainment value back’. To an extent. He’s also brought other ‘qualities’ that not everyone is on board with. Plus, there’s more to managing than chest beating, faux pistol shooting and buddying up to sections of fans.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

It’s the same old story give the manager 10 games next season and then reassess. In reality Nelson should have been in charge until the season end then depending on how he/we had done a change or not could/should have been made IMO.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

It’s the same old story give the manager 10 games next season and then reassess. In reality Nelson should have been in charge until the season end then depending on how he/we had done a change or not could/should have been made IMO.

Yes spot on Nelson should of been in charge until the end of the season ..then depending the outcome make changes or dont .. the gamble to bring in JD and a raft of new faces has backfired.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

The manager has not had enough time to settle in, nor has the new players. If this is a long term plan for next season in NLN then it is on the new chairman, and very disappointing…

It is what it is unfortunately. But sacking yet another manager is not the answer. How much further must we sink before we learn?

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

Sacking a manager is not always good, but lets be honest here, Dean is well below the standards we require. As we are all saying we might as well keep him on to the end of the season then Hilton needs to seriously look about to see if anyone with NL experience will take on the challenge i am sure will look at us and think this is a good opportunity. UTI.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

We’ve tried and tested everything from home grown to experience- None have succeeded here. Maybe we need to look at the whole structure at the club rather just finding another scapegoat after 10 games.

The calibre of players; the amount of players; how we are developing these players- isn’t working.

It’s up to Hilton to revamp the whole rotten structure and put in place some kind of strategy- a director of football to oversee it would be a good shout but have we really got the budget for that anymore?

Time will tell anyway. I just don’t see how another managerial casualty will change our fortunes at this moment in time.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

Cliff, nobody wants him sacked now. Dean come the end of the season will have had close to half a season. I would assess come the end of the season and if we haven’t improved in these last seven games which gives us something to take into next season, I would personally look at getting rid.

This hasn’t worked with Dean at all. having nearly half a season is more than enough to improve us and to be fair we’ve gotten worse since he replaced Nelson. That’s a fact.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I’d go after my original choice of Craig Elliot currently performing miracles at Buxton in the NLN.

Isn’t that basically what we did when we brought in Dean?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Cliff, nobody wants him sacked now’. Evidence suggests otherwise WG. I honestly don’t think it matters a jot anyway. I doubt Hilton’s going to be influenced by supporter opinion.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.