Home Forums The New Blast Furnace New Manager?

ironking
    Participant
    Topics: 63
    Replies: 310

Russ Wilcox was appointed until the end of the season, now that season is officially over are we managerless?

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10997

Or just rudderless?

1 user thanked author for this post.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 144
    Replies: 3006

I would place my bet on the manager that is in charge at the start of next season is Mr Russ, the season will kick off behind closed doors and be like that until at least January.

I am taking it that there are normally about 1,500 season ticket holders (I quote normally), so what would the problem be to have season ticket holders only and no away fans, and alocating seats that are five spaces away from anyone else, excepting family couples who could sit together??????, I cannot see a problem with that method.

ironking
    Participant
    Topics: 63
    Replies: 310

Hi Barton are you suggesting that 1500 season ticket holders are normal by any chance?

Apologies to non Viz readers unaware of Finbar Saunders and his double entendres.

Cliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 772

I would place my bet on the manager that is in charge at the start of next season is Mr Russ, the season will kick off behind closed doors and be like that untill at least January.

I am taking it that there are normally about 1,500 season ticket holders (I quote normally), so what would the problem be to have season ticket holders only and no away fans, and alocating seats that are five spaces away from anyone else, excepting family couples who could sit together??????, I cannot see a problem with that method.

What makes season ticket holders more special than POTG supporters?

Ironawe
    Participant
    Topics: 49
    Replies: 788

Russ still in charge 1,500 attendance will be quite optimistic.

3 users thanked author for this post.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 144
    Replies: 3006

I would place my bet on the manager that is in charge at the start of next season is Mr Russ, the season will kick off behind closed doors and be like that untill at least January.

What makes season ticket holders more special than POTG supporters?

They are not Cliff, I did not state that pal, but obviously if the game was open to any fans that wished to attend, the system would break down. But after you pointing this out, more seats could be alocated to supporters that had not bought a season ticket, but it would need to make games all ticket, and the additional fans could buy preplanned numbered seats, that is an even better idea Cliff.

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 175
    Replies: 2400

And if season ticket holders normally stand?

Gurnelista
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 1107

Northumbiron
    Participant

‘Arry doesn’t even know where Scunthorpe is!

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 631

And thank f the virus didn’t to much and carried on up north.😀

j charles
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

There will not be a next season if fans are not allowed. Clubs at our level cannot afford to stage matches without customers.

2 users thanked author for this post.

hakeeeeb
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 50

Could it be KNILL.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Could it be KNILL.

Could it be magic? Worked for Barry Manilow.

Lord Kitchener
    Participant
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 753

We could well end up with another manager who failed at the Iron in the past. They know they can come here, make a mess, and depart with a nice pay off in the back pocket.

Seriously the revolving door on the managers office requires a serious slowing down.

mistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 424
    Replies: 8396

Not my choice because I don’t like his negative tactics but can’t see Wilcox being replaced, because of the current situation I can’t see reserve leagues next season, I don’t think lower league clubs will be able to afford them, cannot see many new signings either with the young players being on the bench.

Sanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 281
    Replies: 6266

This club has to move to a new approach. We need to repair press links, we need to actually like the supporters – gradually we have arrived at a ‘tolerated / humoured’ position. Over recent season it would be interesting to see how season ticket sales have actually gone – up or down. I know some will have passed away but how many new ones had been taken up.

The new CEO has to communicate with the fans. Done 1 interview already which I think is a 100% improvement on the previous incumbent!

Likewise we need leadership that rebuilds a real club spirit on the playing side, that regains that ‘family’ approach.

Northumbiron
    Participant

This is why someone like Adkins would be more than just a manager.

Hate to say it but Holloway, despite all his bluff and bluster, has rekindled the fire at Blunder Park.

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 175
    Replies: 2400

SanFran’s post above should be on the new CEO’s desk, it tells her exactly what needs to be done. It explains how things have gone awry in recent years and it shows how people are fed up. There’s your customer feedback, there’s the size of the task.

Square Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 236

Where can I read / listen to the interview with the new CEO please ?

Ironawe
    Participant
    Topics: 49
    Replies: 788

The Swanns now reliant on the fans they treat with such contempt. Let’s hope a more inclusive approach with the fans comes about.

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 179
    Replies: 3739

Where can I read / listen to the interview with the new CEO please ?

HumbersideSport Twitter – 23rd May

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.