Nelson v Jimbob

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Nelson v Jimbob

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Time for Jimbob to walk the plank and for The Admiral to take back the helm.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

It’s worth noting that there is little between the two managers (Nelson & Dean);

Nelson’s Record : Pld 8, W2, D2, L4 Pts 8 F8 A13 GD-5
    Dean’s Record (so far): Pld 11, W3, D2, L6 Pts 11 F12 A19 GD-7

They both average 1 point per match (Niel Cox averaged .86).

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

New owner support?
    New players?
    Squad size?
    Playing style?
    A plan?
    Team identity & development?
    A vision?
    Return of the fans & fan support.
    Young Pro / Youth progression?
    Synopsis? – The Admiral was making good progress with blunt tools and an overdraft with Robem & Wither.
    Car crash Dean?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Too many new players in (some straight back out again!), in a short space of time. Dean’s competency aside, who’s idea and execution was this? Everyone knows this rarely works. It’s like a travelling circus. How much has Dean had to do with the numbers and quality of players coming in? Genuine question. Looks to me like he’s been given a lot of them rather than identifying them as strategic fits. Like chucking water on to a frying pan fire. And what do we get on Twitter and Facebook? ‘Ooh, new shiny things!! Please sir, can I have some more?’

2 users thanked author for this post.
    open hearth ironopen hearth iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 7

He needs to be given time to sort out the mess he inherited. Anyone that thinks he had a great deal of input to large influx of players is a little naive

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Unwanted presents from the chairman? Where have we heard that before?!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

From what I’ve seen, he doesn’t have the nous to sort it out.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

at least we have our club, we could have gone under and started a Pheonix club and start at the very bottom against Brigg etc, we were expecting relegation anyway, I haven’t seen any of the away games but have enjoyed the home games under Dean, and possibly looking at the past records of recent managers Dean has won more games, is it Dean’s fault if we create chances and don’t score, didn’t the York keeper get man of the match, Billson is getting hammered yet he kept a clean sheet and had no chance with the County goals, accept a miracle isn’t going to happen and it is next season the rebirth of Scunthorpe United begins, at Glanford Park not at Gainsborough or Quibell Park, I am sure the new Chairman who has given it a good go will want a squad to get back to NLP and the players playing with confidence to stay up.

I am pleased we drew last night instead of losing because it seems you lot are, and remember Nels is still here.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m not pleased we drew last night based on the commentary, and neither were a lot of the travelling fans by the sound of it. Given how little chances they created, it would have been woeful to concede. Given the chances we created and spurned, a win and 2 points dropped. I’m not calling for Dean to go, but if at some point Hilton says he dropped one appointing Dean and is reinstalling Nelson in time for pre-season, I wouldn’t be disappointed. People can bemoan revolving doors as much as they like. The past is the past. If Hilton has made a mistake appointing Dean and he acknowledges it, I’d rather he identified it sooner rather than later. Time will tell and Hilton has some analysis and thinking to do.

Participant

And what have you seen on your keyboard to make this decision

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Is that a question to me? Games I’ve seen and commentary I’ve heard. Don’t you like people having an opinion that doesn’t tally to yours? Be an odd keyboard that showed images.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

It’s worth noting that there is little between the two managers (Nelson & Dean);

Yeah but Cox was reeelly reeelly brave !!!

So Admiral Nelson, ok mate Dean and Calamity Cox were all shite .. but i think Hill must of taken top prize for lowest points per game ratio ??

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

So Admiral Nelson, ok mate Dean and Calamity Cox were all shite .. but i think Hill must of taken top prize for lowest points per game ratio ??

Keith Hill – 0.46 points per match. That’s impressively poor!

Participant

Should employ managers on a month by month basis don’t want em to get to settled Bit like a manager rotating squad we should continue to rotate managers at least 5 a season needed

Participant

Participant

Also an odd commentary that shows images

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

If you been there you’d have hammered Billson as well mick woeful timewasting when only a win would do, same with you Deerey if you’d been there you’d have seen us create lots of chances 3/4 up at half time wouldn’t have been unjust, even second half were we were piss poor really Bennett had a great chance, 1 st half was everything you wanted from jimbob second was everything you didn’t.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I agree with you awaywego. Should have been 3-4 up at half time. Said that last night during the match on here from listening to commentary on BBC York. Commentators were embarrassed how bad York were in first half. As they said, why we weren’t 3 up by h/t explains a lot about our league position.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

1 st half was everything you wanted from jimbob second was everything you didn’t.

I think you’ve let the last 20 minutes of the first half cloud your judgement. I thought we were very poor for 25 minutes and then upped our game. I was hoping we’d continue that into the second half, the HT team talk must have been crap. I also doubt Billson’s time wasting tactics were his idea.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Local commentators never tend to give credit to how well the other team played though Deerey, sadly we’ve been missing that goalscorer which explains where we are and for the previous few has well, on the Nelson v jimbob, Nelson had the luxury of an into form Lavery then we lost him before Jimbob arrived, Jimbob got an out of form Elliot probably more jimbobs team set up than Elliot’s fault though hope Elliot keeps his powder dry until next season anything else would be a waste now.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

They gave credit to the way we played for most the first half. They also were flabbergasted how bad York were and how we weren’t 3 nil up at h/t. Agree about not having a decent goalscorer. Does that include your potential MOM, Bennett? Isn’t scoring goals a prerequisite for a striker these days? Funny old game innit.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

It looks like a new owner and manager coming in with the club bottom of the league and throwing everything at staying up despite neither having any previous experience of such a situation.

And that’s exactly what’s happened.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Of course Deerey, and Bennett isn’t the answer neither was Nuttall, Lavery looked as though he could have been but we’ll never know, should be looking at goal scorers in Nln and the other 3 equivalent leagues, bit like notts county did with Langstaff, the lad from Ebbsfleet?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Lavery was definitely the one that got away, as soon as he left our season was pretty much finished.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There you go WG you’ve just admitted without Lavery jimbob stood no chance.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Elliot we never will know if he’s good enough because Old Direct One Formation Jimnbob play a target due to the fact he’s obsessed with playing the 1 formation which relies heavily on a big lump up top. Only problem is Bennett isn’t a very good one.

People can argue why Dean is good enough but still can’t gloss over the fact he’s tactically inept, we’ve seen time and time again when he either needs to adapt to get us back into games and waits far too long or when the other team changes their formation, gain the upper hand and Good Ole jimbob doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing so he does nothing.

Throw negative substitutions into the mix and his negativity when it comes to not wanting to lose games as apposed to actually trying to win them.

Seen it time and time again. I just don’t think he’s good enough.

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023
    Topics: 0

Depend on what Jimmy can learn.
    If he can develop tactic that suitable his players,yes Jimmy is David’s right decision.
    If not David should looking for the others.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Said at the time of the ‘takeover’ that I hoped Nelson kept the job and allow HIM to bring in 2/3 players that HE wanted.

This about Dean sorting out the mess I disagree with Mr Nelson had brought a lot of stability, he had also worked out a system that started to deliver. Not earth shattering but fans did seem to like the way it was going. 17 matches to go was not the right time to bring someone who did not have the experience.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Lavery would be great under Dean, slotting into that left back position

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I also don’t buy this, ‘preparing for the NLN’ angle being touted recently too. If that’s the case, why throw the kitchen sink at transfers like the club has done (continuing right in to the last few weeks)? That looks like nothing else but trying to stay in this league to me. Reason I raise it is because I can’t see much preparation being done for NLN. Not to say there isn’t any, just feels like s*** or bust

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.