Needham Market (A)

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Needham Market (A)

• Author
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Three games in, three games won, no goals conceded, but apparently it’s not good enough?

We used to have great fans but in the last 15-20 years they have become more & more entitled with ridiculously high expectations. Enjoy it, we’re started on the right track, it won’t always be this good.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Looking at some of the footage from last season did think Ogle left his position on several occasions and we seemed to concede.

From what I saw, Ogle was very over-rated. Defensively suspect and his crossing was dreadful. His forward runs offered some threat but I never saw him as irreplaceable.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

‘it won’t always be this good.’ If the team and coaches are drawing this much criticism already…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Would agree with all of that awaywego

Never thought I’d see the day when awaywego is a voice of reason.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Things will become a whole lot clearer as to where we are after the next 4 fixtures..

Chorley ..always decent n there or there abouts come April.
    SS .. same as above and our seeming dislike for getting points in the NE
    Kiddy .. dropped from NL and 3 wins to start the season conceding only 1 goal.
    Curzon .. bit of a bogey side if i recall correct and aslo won all 3 games so far.

My two to watch Buxton and Scarboro

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Would agree with all of that awaywego

Ha ha that’s a post for Awaywego to put in his scrap book, gotta say I agree too. Bloody hell Awaywego you just scored a double there mate

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Chorley ..always decent n there or there abouts come April.
    SS .. same as above and our seeming dislike for getting points in the NE
    Kiddy .. dropped from NL and 3 wins to start the season conceding only 1 goal.
    Curzon .. bit of a bogey side if i recall correct and aslo won all 3 games so far.

Whilst there’s very little chance of us winning all of them, you can equally say that none of those sides will be looking at our results so far and be looking forward to playing us.

Especially as there is still plenty more to come from this side, whether it’s getting Roberts more involved, introducing Carlton, and so on.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Think you do me an injustice I like to think that when it comes to the football I am a voice for reason..
    Stand by managers for longer than most, still stand up for Alexander that’s where Ferrite is right with the entitlement, where did it come from that a manager who achieved 2 playoffs nearly a third somehow became not good enough for us though I do feel entitled in this league we’re in and see no reason why I shouldn’t be with the money that the fanbase brings us.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I wasn’t being overly serious! Thought you might see the funny side.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

I wasn’t being overly serious! Thought you might see the funny side.

He will when he’s being questioned over a post he’s made, loves to see the funny side then.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

When it comes to footballing decisions, I often find myself thinking: ‘what would awaywego do?’

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

‘some were never happy about Butler being made head coach’

Correct – predicted he would play the ugly, defensive and direct football we are now seeing.

‘Dean getting the shove’

Incorrect – Was indifferent on Dean, though would still have kept him over Butler. As per Michelle the decision was financial.

‘and Butterfield being released’

Correct – was disappointed to lose him but seeing how direct we are he would have been wasted under Butler.

In the 3-5-2 think Ogle is the bigger miss as would have been better suited to the wing back role than any of our current full backs.

Sorry but that really is nonsense.
    You could have joined the other 1,379 spectators and watched Butterfield playing 70 minutes for Gateshead last night in their 1-1 draw at Halifax. I’m sure it was a festival of free flowing attacking football.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Apologies Siderite i missed that, twas Deerey that threw me agreeing with me and I know he was being serious, knew Ironawe was laughing at his post and he knew id see the funny side in it, both of them agreeing with me indeed.

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 3

9 points from 3 games – 3 clean sheets. That’ll do for me for now. I don’t really want us to ‘do a Tamworth’, (other than finishing top of the league obviously) and I’d like us to play free flowing attractive attacking football, Unfortunately. we’re still in NLN and need to play the next team on the list. Comments from the Marine game seemed to compliment our opponents on their efforts and I’m sure their fans were well up for their home game last night – then they got dicked 3-0 by Farsley Celtic. One game at a time folks.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Thinking about that myself Ex O, did Marine over commit to the wrong game.
    Hopefully we start to dominate the league and managers start to target more important games as they see it for their team rather than turning our games into cup finals. Worked well for Adkins and didn’t upset to many, and certainly didn’t stop 3000 of us going up to Newcastle and making it something special.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Marine fans on twitter did say it was a lot poorer performance from them yesterday.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Dan-UTIDan-UTI
    Participant
    Registered On: April 8, 2014
    Topics: 1

Hopefully we start to dominate the league and managers start to target more important games as they see it for their team rather than turning our games into cup finals. Worked well for Adkins and didn’t upset to many, and certainly didn’t stop 3000 of us going up to Newcastle and making it something special.

Where did you get 3000 from? We took 800 up to Newcastle. St Paddy’s Day, midweek.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s the game filed the away allocation top left corner in the gods 3000 of us.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

IIRC several teams that played above themselves against us last season (sometimes winning) were very poor in their next match. Some statto might have examples.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.