mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

It was for 16 minutes anyway.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Coxy’s heavy breathing like a phone stalker.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Watching on the stream, zero quality on show, have to keep reminding myself it’s NLN.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

An okay first half but need something a bit different in the last 3rd. Needham tiring and there for the taking. Will be very disappointed with one or no points from this one. If we’re going to persist with the long throw it has to be more effective.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Watching on the stream, zero quality on show, have to keep reminding myself it’s NLN.

Think it’s been a fairly lively and entertaining half for the level tbh.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

But did Needham tire?

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Commentators seemed to suggest so, didn’t see it myself.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Didn’t play well at all and when you combine that with Needham Market playing probably above their actual level, it made for a very close game. One thing I will say is that when we got the ball down and played into feet we looked miles above them, but didn’t do it enough.

Whitehall penalty aside was slack and Boyce’s passing from the back was abysmal. 3 points in 3 points at the end of the day though and we got another clean sheet.

I think Carlton will be in for Whitehall when he’s up to speed.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I think Needham did tire but cannily caught their breath a number of times with players staying down and just kept going.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Whitehall’s first touch at times was absolute garbage and he doesn’t appear to work the hardest either. I’d rather Carlton was up there for his running power and pace and it may force us to play the ball into feet more.

I’d also be tempted to stick Evans in at CB for Boyce for his passing ability as this system relies on CB’s who are actually cultured enough to be able to pass the ball out. Evans cross field passing is deadly at times.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I recall NM’s three on two attack mid-second half. A fantastic piece of alertness as Whitehall thundered back to help the defence out of desperate trouble.
    Hit the woodwork twice and scored a penalty. A cat’s whisker away from a hat trick. His general play was better than Saturday.
    Drop him?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Not sure whose place Charlton would take ..he may even come off the bench , with a game Saturday n Monday i would fully expect to see him start v Chorley also Shrimpton has to figure in one of these two fixtures surely.

Shrimpton and Campbell the only two from the whole squad not be involved at all as yet if im not mistaken.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I recall NM’s three on two attack mid-second half. A fantastic piece of alertness as Whitehall thundered back to help the defence out of desperate trouble.
    Hit the woodwork twice and scored a penalty. A cat’s whisker away from a hat trick. His general play was better than Saturday.
    Drop him?

He wants to drop the man who has led the defence to 3 clean sheets and scored a couple of goals in his spare time as well.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

I would say that although I thought we lacked quality in most areas credit to Butler who made the right changes – very attack minded. I know Dean would not have made those changes at 0-0 in fact would’ve gone the other way (defensive). So it is a good sign that, away from home, Butler recognised the need to push on and get 3 scrappy points. Need to improve the passing and accuracy.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Agree Ironawe. He was prepared to risk losing 1 point to try and gain 3.

Dean would have gone 5-4-1, dropped deep and probably lost that one.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Drop him?

He also gave the ball away cheaply too often, and almost set them up for a goal with that bodged free kick. His game needs to improve because he doesn’t seem to be quite on the same page as the rest of the team. Needs to run the channels more and create space. I wouldn’t drop him though due to goal threat

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Agree Ironawe. He was prepared to risk losing 1 point to try and gain 3.

Dean would have gone 5-4-1, dropped deep and probably lost that one.

But I hope the coaches were berating Roberts for running time down at the corner flag and whoever did that left side, instead of trying to get a second goal with 5 added to go. They were on the ropes by then and we could have sealed it without those 2 scares before the whistle

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Always better to play our game and make opponents deal with us.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I should add my points above are things we can do better, things we can improve on, not a macro negative outlook on the whole shebang.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.