nationalleaguetv.com

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace nationalleaguetv.com

• Author
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Football on TV, shove it. Hull will only have three Saturday 3pm home kick offs between now and Christmas, well done Sky, not.

Quite right, the new TV deal for the Football League is a complete disgrace.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

Apparently, a lot of accounts, mine included, wouldnt work on the new National League TV platform. Tried to re-register from my PC but couldn’t get it to send a verification link. Tried again using my mobile phone and this time, received the verification link using this method. Once the password was changed, managed to log onto my PC ok. The new password must be minimum of 10 characters

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Not if it won’t accept a valid password it’s not.

did you put a Capital Letter and Character in it

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Yes, fulfilled all requirements as I said. Had an email from NLTV and now logged in with their help. Apparently a problem with certain special characters that it won’t accept. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, AB and his boys better do their bit now after all this effort UTI.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It won’t even accept my emails!
    Am starting to get very cross – not to mention more than a bit concerned.
    Anyone got a phone number – there used to be one.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Here’s the email address they sent me les, very helpful chap called Richard.

media@thenationalleague.org.uk

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

You are a gentleman, sir.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Could you write that down and address it to Mrs CT please.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Well – obviously.

Friday pm – failed to make contact. Shut for the weekend now, apparently. Sigh.
    Is it true that the Beeb has hidden where their commentaries are found online?
    I am depending on finding one tomorrow in the usual place. Losing hope.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Try to log in with a password that uses ! as your special character. As reported above some characters cause them problems.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Can hear the Iron fans much more than the commentator. This may not be a bad thing

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Well taken rebound from Beestin that. Might quieten his critics somewhat

Deereyme66Deereyme66

A few half time comments on X like ‘impressive’. Wouldn’t go that far. We’ve looked very fit and at it, broken them down well but need to retain possession more second half and start stringing more passes together. A pretty scrappy but evenly matched first half IMO. Nice summery breeze sound and live pitch pic during the break. Better than a holding image and shite background muzak.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Makes a change from the doom mongering though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes!! Cracking second goal after a passage of prolonged possession and much better passing and creativity. Like that a lot! Brogan’s been a handful since coming on

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Boom!!! 3 nil. Boyce nearly smashing it through the net. Much better passing and ball control this half. Quality of player and fitness levels showing.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Brackley commentators slowly fading out to virtually nothing all through second half. Much like their team. Very pleasing performance from the Iron, particularly second half. May well be a case for quality coaching staff making a difference in the half time talk. Beestin must be challenging for a start next match. A lot to be positive about. Tenner well spent, makes a pleasant change! UTI!!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

This was the difference between a Butler team and a JD team.
    Not only were we far superior with fitness but the ‘stealing ball’ in all parts of the park was most impressive.
    Cool and measured.
    Ref 8.
    Nobody less than a 7/10 in the first 11 on the pitch.
    A great deal to like.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

They actually looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing for a change, determined, confident and enjoying themselves. Huge credit to the squad and coaching team. Schofield never stopped instructing and motivating all 90mins. Compare that to Brackley’s head coach who sounded like a bit of whinging plonker tbh. A great start. UTI

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

The only disappointment with the Broadcast was the lack of a link to Chromecast it to TV, finished up watching on Laptop

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And the low volume which they blamed on the microphones. Said they couldn’t fix until half time but second half was lower volume apart from a few seconds after the match had finished and it went higher. I suspect a loose cable or summerts

BeagriesbackflipAlfred
    Participant
    Registered On: January 1, 2014
    Topics: 6

There was no casting symbol on the screen so I right clicked on my mouse and casting to my TV came up on a list.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

low volume which they blamed on the microphones

Pleased you mentioned this because I had my earphones plugged in on my laptop and it was pretty quiet. I thought it was my earphones to start with, but twigged the sound wasn’t that great.

Viewing experience much better than last season. I watched a few games on there last season and they buffered a lot, but this time it was smooth. Minus the low sound I was impressed.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

This was the difference between a Butler team and a JD team.
    Not only were we far superior with fitness but the ‘stealing ball’ in all parts of the park was most impressive.
    Cool and measured.
    Ref 8.
    Nobody less than a 7/10 in the first 11 on the pitch.
    A great deal to like.

Agreed. The result added some gloss to it but for the majority it was a fairly close game, however, do we come away with a 3-0 win with Dean in charge ? Not for me.

The most pleasing aspect was the management seemed to positively influence the game, rather than let it drift away and subsequently we either surrender the lead or are all camped up within our half for the last 20’mins. If anything we grew into the second half and both goals were the result of some tidy periods of possession and quality in the box.

There were some worries about the 3-5-2 system, I thought the players knew their roles and seemed to be effective at nullifying Brackley, the press in the first half was impressive with the wingbacks advancing higher than usual. At times I thought we were slightly too sloppy in possession, and Whitehall must be a more effective target man to hold the ball up; when Carlton’s back Butler could have a tough decision to make.

Other standouts were Barrows, Scales and Beestin but as Les points out, most players can be pleased with that performance as can the management.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Very happy with the result of course and reasonably happy with the performance.
    As for the broadcast, for me too much of Subbuteo sized players and camera was too low (I guess they don’t have a gantry) Also did I miss the team line-ups before the start or didn’t they bother showing them? The biggest problem was a commentator that made Whispering Ted Lowe seem like a shouter. Why didn’t he swap mikes with the summariser who was much clearer

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Cassidy, if you think that coverage was bad you should have watched certain matches last season. From the one’s I watched or should I say “tried” to watch, it kept buffering and you found yourself refreshing the stream.

The sound was garbage yesterday though, I have to agree there.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

IMO because the gantries are so low in this league the camera is so close to the pitch it’s often toing and froing like a tennis ball at Wimbledon and they end up with a blurred image following the ball from one end to the other. Not much they can do about that other than erect a high gantry like they do in non league FA Cup matches, and budget wise that ain’t happening.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

v Needham match is now scheduled on nltv. Liking that.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

What delights await us tonight I wonder? A village cricket match, a beautiful Suffolk sunset or the gable end of a house?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Decent looking pitch. Grass at least which is a positive.

Have those folks on the right paid to get in or is it some rich persons balcony?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.