Monday

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Monday

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Glad your in the sceptic group SNOT God knows what you would post if you were in the anti.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

It’s strange I haven’t seen anything on the Facebook site or on my twitter followers on my timeliness about people not getting paid, it could be true but I have only heard of one person mentioning it

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Hi Cassidy
    Think you have just about summed it up perfectly.
    It’s the 4% who wet themselves with excitement at the mention of anything negative about the club, Hilton, Dean, the team not playing well, the Catering, the academy, Car parking, etc , they would get off on the club folding , how they must be feeling the pain with a decent looking team being built, the manager not being slagged off, but praised, the team itself looking like they are really going to enjoy the challenge ahead, the fans buzzing about the first game at Tamworth… the positivity must be making them ill.. me thinks!
    The other 96% (some of who I met personally at Ilkeston) are top quality fans, and the dozens I spoke to briefly at my food outlet were full of good banter, it’s that 4% that are loudest and could well damage your great club.
    Hope you don’t let them.

Pat,

You’ve managed to conclude that 4% of the fanbase are the loudest and could well damage the club (your words, not mine). So, in your opinion, what constitutes a wrong ‘un? What are the characteristics and traits of a wrong ‘un?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Whilst I understand it is nessacary to have a user name on this site, I also realise that most people who do post, do not intentionally post anonymously, they are almost certainly known to other members of this group, for example myself!
    I don’t hide behind a keyboard anonymously, I can be visited in person if someone wished to do so, and I have actually met people from this site who operate exactly the same way… upfront, not hiding, no back door tactics, no under the table dealings, no spouting rumour, while safely anonamous should anything back fire, to be afraid to reveal who you are, or why your doing it, while causing unrest, is a great example of cowardice and spineless behavior.
    It is blindingly obvious that anyone trying thier utmost to bring down Hilton, is in doing so, will bring down Scunthorpe United!!
    Any such person is only interested in their own personal agenda, and could not give two hoots about the club or its fans… obviously!
    I do not reply directly reply to these type of cowards, and in my opinion it is the people foolish enough to engage with them that fans the flames and unrest.
    If anyone finds my posts offensive (as suggested earlier) , I have some advice for them…. don’t read them when you see my name at the top… problem solved.
    And if you don’t, please feel free to discuss anything you like,
    I try to deal in fact, not fiction, so anything I post I firmly believe, although I am not infallible and dont mind being corrected should I make a mistake.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The problem is that measured critique can get caught up in accusations of ‘trying to bring down the leader’. Then it becomes only acceptable to just toe the line and accept whatever happens. This is the case on the Facebook group.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Can we play a bit more nicely? This is getting a bit vitriolic.

Well said. It’s boring and tedious.

If you need to throw insults about because you haven’t got any evidence to challenge a different opinion then you have lost the debate.

As for Iron Insider, far be it for me to fight his battles but he was on the money regarding the payments (or lack of) to the pension provider (as Hilton confirmed) and the situation regarding GP.

Never one to miss a chance of a quick DH dig ey IB .. i have a hunch you are in cass’ anti 4% category

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

“If anyone finds my posts offensive (as suggested earlier) ” I have to read your and everyone else’s offensive garbage as a mod on here,other pages wait for complaints I try to watch it as much as I can.

Participant

Whilst I understand it is nessacary to have a user name on this site, I also realise that most people who do post, do not intentionally post anonymously, they are almost certainly known to other members of this group, for example myself!
    I don’t hide behind a keyboard anonymously, I can be visited in person if someone wished to do so, and I have actually met people from this site who operate exactly the same way… upfront, not hiding, no back door tactics, no under the table dealings, no spouting rumour, while safely anonamous should anything back fire, to be afraid to reveal who you are, or why your doing it, while causing unrest, is a great example of cowardice and spineless behavior.
    It is blindingly obvious that anyone trying thier utmost to bring down Hilton, is in doing so, will bring down Scunthorpe United!!
    Any such person is only interested in their own personal agenda, and could not give two hoots about the club or its fans… obviously!
    I do not reply directly reply to these type of cowards, and in my opinion it is the people foolish enough to engage with them that fans the flames and unrest.
    If anyone finds my posts offensive (as suggested earlier) , I have some advice for them…. don’t read them when you see my name at the top… problem solved.
    And if you don’t, please feel free to discuss anything you like,
    I try to deal in fact, not fiction, so anything I post I firmly believe, although I am not infallible and dont mind being corrected should I make a mistake.

You’re Hilton’s biggest cheerleader and you are whining on about people having the cheek to have a username on a football forum. You don’t even realise how ironic that is, do you? The problem with people like you is that what standards you do have are about as consistent as a bad dose of diarrhea.

You might think that you are doing your mate a favour by coming on here and defending him but what you are actually doing is digging yourself a bigger hole. Take this statement from you as one example (I’ve not bothered to correct the mistakes and pigeon English), “It is blindingly obvious that anyone trying thier utmost to bring down Hilton, is in doing so, will bring down Scunthorpe United!!”. If Hilton is the fine, upstanding individual which you claim him to be, anyone attempting to bring him down will fail and therefore this will have no impact on Scunthorpe. You really should watch what you are posting because with statements like that people will start to think that you know much more than you are letting on!

Keep talking, Pat. You’re doing my work for me and you don’t even know it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Has the moolah hit their accounts yet?

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

IB ..you may be correct. You may be proved right. But why not get on with your life? Why not let things take the course that you unequivocally say they will? Time after time folks have responded by asking what you suggest they do. Sure ..it’s possible that all the Iron fans who have bought Season tickets and will be heading to Tamworth are living in a fool’s paradise. But only time will tell from this point. You aren’t doing yourself any favours at this point .. unless it gives you some sort of satisfaction to post as you do. Again .. you’ve more than made your ‘point’ and sounded the alarm. How about giving it a rest now?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BurringhamIronBurringhamIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 10

Andy, what is your relationship with David Hilton?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Andy? Why Andy?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

IB your last line … “doing my work for me ” ..so to you in your words this crusade against DH is a job ????.. i thought you were just a bystander.

You are giving Pat grief for coming on SM and being a DH cheerleader whilst not being a Scunny fan yet you feel its ok for you to engage on Bru and elsewhere all be it as you profess only as an interested bystander and not a Scunny fan to spread negativity bordering on a real hatred of DH with the sole purpose to damage him for exact reasons you still need to openly confirm.

BTW ..Your regular use of the term “people like you” needs to be reigned in as using it gives the impression of being a pompous know all.

IMO not speaking for anyone else but i am finding your constant attacks very tedious now ,the information you offer may be true or false accurate or not but just what do you expect them achieve what is your end goal ??

As as a life long Scunny fan i know whatever happens in the future will happen and there is very little any grass roots supporters can do to change it .. your constant DH vitriol has only one aim which if does happen will allow you to puff out yer chest and say i told you so … alas where will that leave the club and the fans that love it so much..of which you are not one.

This is a football fan forum and should not be used as political platform to gratify ones obsessions.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

“Now, Andy, did you hear about this one?
    Tell me, are you locked in the punch?
    Andy, are you goofing on Elvis?
    Hey baby, are we losing touch?”

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Best ever post on this site!
    No other words possible to improve it.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

“Now, Andy, did you hear about this one?
    Tell me, are you locked in the punch?
    Andy, are you goofing on Elvis?
    Hey baby, are we losing touch?”

….I hear they put a man on the moon. Love a bit of REM.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

we are veering off-topic
    simple question to Patrick
    has mr david paid the wages in full?

fans6464

I just got an odd text saying wages not “fully paid” You’re either the source of all rumours or my mate got it elsewhere.
    If true , is deeply worrying

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

I just got an odd text saying wages not “fully paid” You’re either the source of all rumours or my mate got it elsewhere.
    If true , is deeply worrying

Yet when I confirmed this was the case yesterday, I received abuse.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The only person handing out abuse on this topic was you SNOT, playing the victim when not providing evidence to a question doesn’t suit you.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Pretty sure you said you’d drawn a line under this twice yesterday 🤣

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Pretty sure you said you’d drawn a line under this twice yesterday 🤣

That is true DM but some misinformation and dishonesty needs addressing.

fans6464

even when only you two care?

Participant

IB your last line … “doing my work for me ” ..so to you in your words this crusade against DH is a job ????.. i thought you were just a bystander.

You are giving Pat grief for coming on SM and being a DH cheerleader whilst not being a Scunny fan yet you feel its ok for you to engage on Bru and elsewhere all be it as you profess only as an interested bystander and not a Scunny fan to spread negativity bordering on a real hatred of DH with the sole purpose to damage him for exact reasons you still need to openly confirm.

BTW ..Your regular use of the term “people like you” needs to be reigned in as using it gives the impression of being a pompous know all.

IMO not speaking for anyone else but i am finding your constant attacks very tedious now ,the information you offer may be true or false accurate or not but just what do you expect them achieve what is your end goal ??

As as a life long Scunny fan i know whatever happens in the future will happen and there is very little any grass roots supporters can do to change it .. your constant DH vitriol has only one aim which if does happen will allow you to puff out yer chest and say i told you so … alas where will that leave the club and the fans that love it so much..of which you are not one.

This is a football fan forum and should not be used as political platform to gratify ones obsessions.

Now you are merely making things up.

I haven’t criticised Pat for not being a Scunthorpe supporter, not once. Given my own position, why would I? My first paragraph was clearly wasted on you.

For someone who has made it abundantly clear that you don’t want to read my posts and prefer to see them in the non football section, not only do you continue to read them, but you also continue to reply to them too. You follow me about like a lost sheep on this forum.

For your future reference, when I need tips from you on how to behave, I’ll ask.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

And when WE want tips from you on what to think about OUR club, we’ll ask!

Straightforward question. With which club do your allegiances lie?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘And when WE want tips from you on what to think about OUR club, we’ll ask!’

Think that’s an assumption tbf. Not defending or supporting IB, as has been previously lazily claimed by some on here, but I find what IB posts to be generally of interest (not everything). There are also hundreds of supporters who view this forum daily but rarely post anything. You can’t vouch for them I’m afraid,just because a small percentage, including you, are hostile to one poster.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

IB Its a forum, Im a member down to my love for SUFC since circa 1980 no other motives or reason required , i read your posts because unfortunately they are still appearing in the football section of the site.
    Members read follow threads and reply , debate agree or otherwise , i am not interested in you.
    Your pompous attitude and wash rinse repeat attacks are lingering like a stale fart in a taxi and constantly posting digs at DH when ever you are thrown some scraps is all very toxic and doing little to help the situation for real fans.

Here are a couple of questions.

Why the obsession with destroying DH ?
    The job is clearly taking up so much of your time that somewhere in the past you have had serious issues with him… when you first came on the scene it was as a bystander to inform and warn fans of our new owners alleged past miss givings …its pretty obvious there is more to your hatred of DH than purely wanting to save SUFC and its fan base from him.. SO WHAT IS IT ??

An easy YES or No next

If you are successful in your crusade to owst DH and plunge the club into god knows where will you be happy ?

Wanting DH to fail is the same as wanting to destroy the club .. a club you admit you have no affiliation to thus have zero feelings for.

Do you intend on following DH around for ever ? until your job is done.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.