Topics: 29

Monday
    Payday
    Mayday

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Been to see any home friendlies at GP in the last couple of weeks, you know to watch the team you said would never play there again in a new kit you said they would never play in? Just asking.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

3 home friendlies in a week. The penniless one might just have cobbled enough together to pay the wages.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

have they never been payed yet, a few hours or a day is nothing compared to Southend, stop spreading doom and gloom and go support someone else if you want to see us go under and laugh?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Monday
    Payday
    Mayday

Yeah come on Insider despite the hanging cloud of GP etc the club carries on to function weve not gone tits up out of business , we have seen a very positive pre season and there is optimism for the coming season so … less

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

Word is, Iron Insider is correct to have started this thread.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Sounds ominous SNOT … hope all the staff are paid on time …today

Whilst i am trying to remain positive at all times i did read this interesting comment posted on another site..i copied n pasted it below , question does it hold any water ??
    It is an interesting one. Other clubs in NLN may not see this as a level playing field as SUFC are effectively squatters. Would they have been able to assemble that squad if the stadium had been purchased at the price agreed. Of course they wouldn’t. The club are nominally insolvent, but Hilton is able to underwrite the debts because he hasn’t had to cough up £3 million for the stadium and land. Could other clubs cry foul as they have avoided administration and a points deduction only by becoming a squatter on someone else’s land?

No matter how much of a cVnt Swann is, and he’s complete one, he is still entitled to be paid for the land and stadium. Even if those assets hadn’t been transferred away from the club ownership, he would have still wanted paying for them as part of the deal to sell the club.

I would point out also on the same platform one guy reckons Jimmy Dean is an icecream man, a comment i found strange as surely JD couldnt find the time to juggle that along with taking the Iron to promotion… i am partial to a Mr Whippy 99 though

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Ah yes the world famous ” word is ” presented as usual without a shred of evidence, so it’s bound to be correct. SNOT off.

Participant

Ah yes the world famous ” word is ” presented as usual without a shred of evidence, so it’s bound to be correct. SNOT off.

“the Word” came from an employee Iron-Bore.
    You really are a strange character, you only post snidely comments about anyone on here who appears to know more than you do.

Participant

Despite the unwarranted abuse from Iron-Bore I can confirm that for the 6th month since our current owner took over the club, the wages did NOT land in employees bank accounts overnight as they should do.
    However, I’m assured the owner is attempting to rectify it manually today ……… just as he has since he got here.
    I wonder what this months excuse will be.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Despite the unwarranted abuse from Iron-Bore I can confirm that for the 6th month since our current owner took over the club, the wages did NOT land in employees bank accounts overnight as they should do.
    However, I’m assured the owner is attempting to rectify it manually today ……… just as he has since he got here.

So have they not been paid for six months 🤔 I’m guessing not, if they hadn’t received any money for six months then there would be great cause for concern. I just feel people drum up shite for the sake of it, if there is a reason for any delay in wages then it obviously needs sorting but till people stop getting paid then it’s not the end of anyone’s world I’m guessing. Have the staff all left because of this issue, I’m sure if they had certain individuals would be 💩 themselves to get on here and tell us.

Participant

So have they not been paid for six months 🤔 I’m guessing not, if they hadn’t received any money for six months then there would be great cause for concern. I just feel people drum up shite for the sake of it, if there is a reason for any delay in wages then it obviously needs sorting but till people stop getting paid then it’s not the end of anyone’s world I’m guessing. Have the staff all left because of this issue, I’m sure if they had certain individuals would be 💩 themselves to get on here and tell us.

You really aren’t very bright are you!
    The wages have not landed in employees wages on time in the 6 paydays he’s been here.
    You’re another one of these thicko’s that reads something but sees something completely different.
    Everybody else understood, it seems just you didn’t but I would expect nothing less from a fool like you Iron-Bore.
    You should stick to posting those humorous comments, the ones that only you find amusing, your attempts at sarcasm and humour on here are pathetic, a 5 year old could do better.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Can we play a bit more nicely? This is getting a bit vitriolic.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

There are Hilton supporters, Hilton sceptics and seriously anti-Hiltoners. Probably around a 48/48/4% split based on what I read, but the smallest group seem to want Hilton to fail so desperately they take every opportunity to undermine his ownership. I completely understand the positions of the two larger groups, the third must have their reasons but they don’t seem to be football related.
    REMEMBER – we still have a club, unity not division is what we need.

Participant

There are Hilton supporters, Hilton sceptics and seriously anti-Hiltoners. Probably around a 48/48/4% split based on what I read, but the smallest group seem to want Hilton to fail so desperately they take every opportunity to undermine his ownership. I completely understand the positions of the two larger groups, the third must have their reasons but they don’t seem to be football related.
    REMEMBER – we still have a club, unity not division is what we need.

Good post, I’m firmly in the sceptic group with good reason.
    The abuse ALWAYS comes from the Hilton lovers when ever they see a post that questions what is going on at our club.
    Eventually we sceptics are surely allowed to fight back.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Amazing how most abusive people only see abuse when someone else does it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

When we win the Premier League in the future( only joking),your reply will be,yeah well done,but we won’t win it next season.

Participant

Amazing how most abusive people only see abuse when someone else does it.

Not strictly true, I suggest you read through this thread (without blinkers) and check where the abuse started.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Just checking the rules here: abuse is OK if I didn’t start it then?

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Hi Cassidy
    Think you have just about summed it up perfectly.
    It’s the 4% who wet themselves with excitement at the mention of anything negative about the club, Hilton, Dean, the team not playing well, the Catering, the academy, Car parking, etc , they would get off on the club folding , how they must be feeling the pain with a decent looking team being built, the manager not being slagged off, but praised, the team itself looking like they are really going to enjoy the challenge ahead, the fans buzzing about the first game at Tamworth… the positivity must be making them ill.. me thinks!
    The other 96% (some of who I met personally at Ilkeston) are top quality fans, and the dozens I spoke to briefly at my food outlet were full of good banter, it’s that 4% that are loudest and could well damage your great club.
    Hope you don’t let them.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

SNOT off was not abusive, it was me giving your username the red card regarding your initial post. My follow up used **** and your brain simply filled in the blanks in an abusive way which probably says more about you them me. All the abuse came from you, fool, bore thicko, pathetic but I don’t expect you to realise that however I agree with the post from Siderite , this has become vitriolic and it’s unnecessary. If people are being paid a little late then usual at the club it needs addressing but if people are willing to stay in their jobs until the issue is resolved then that is entirely between the club and it’s employees and nothing to do with anybody else. Best give it a rest all round on this point IMO.

Participant

We’ll agree to disagree.
    I will however point out that Iron Insider has a bad habit of coming on the forum, posting to light a fuse and then sitting back and watching the fireworks.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

True, but it doesn’t help when people help fan the flames

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

Has everybody been paid Patrick me old mucka?
    Maybe you can give mr David a ring and confirm?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’m sick of Patrick coming on our site and being abusive to fans tbh, I’m bored of insider too trawling out the same stuff again and again. If people want to be abuse,join the facebook group it’s their stock in trade.
    I’m also sick of people who don’t trust the new guy getting very bad threats from burner accounts who claim to be mates of him . I wish he’d at least say something to douse the flames instead of fanning them like he and Councillor Max have and do. I hope the Iron survive, I just wish it was somebody nicer doing it.
    As for not being paid on time for 6 pay days on a row ,I’d suggest anyone thinking that’s not a serious state of affairs is either an idiot or too far up the owner. Of course pay roll not being on time regularly is an issue it shows a clear cash flow issue and lack of banking facilities to smooth cash flow.
    These are serious issues,not the terrace where tribalism fits, tribalism doesn’t pay bills

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

PS SNOT and IA ,edit your posts to get rid of swearwords or I will delete quickly

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

No bias either way from here … but as someone who regularly asks for a bit more courtesy in discussion on t’other side…. I have to say that Patrick’s post above seems reasonable enough to me. Not sure why he was singled out.

fans6464

i deleted his abusive name calling one ,like everyone else he’ll cry foul when it happens

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

PS SNOT and IA ,edit your posts to get rid of swearwords or I will delete quickly

Edits are closed but I don’t think I posted any swear words in my posts and just quoted rude words used by SNOT against me in a later post. However you will do as you wish anyway, for me the conversation between SNOT and I on this matter is closed.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Can we play a bit more nicely? This is getting a bit vitriolic.

Well said. It’s boring and tedious.

If you need to throw insults about because you haven’t got any evidence to challenge a different opinion then you have lost the debate.

As for Iron Insider, far be it for me to fight his battles but he was on the money regarding the payments (or lack of) to the pension provider (as Hilton confirmed) and the situation regarding GP.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.