Media training required for Butler

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Media training required for Butler

• Author
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Much prefer AB interview style to JDs twitchy uncomfortable manner , im sure as time goes AB will gain media confidence especially if results are positive..
    Did i read correctly that Will Evans had a slight dig at Dean after penning a new 2 yr deal .. something similar to when i heard JD left i was hoping to stay .. ??

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

It was a constant effort not to switch the volume off when Dean was being interviewed.

It’s notable that Dean has had absolutely nothing to say since leaving Scunthorpe United – at the least you’d have thought he’d be offering a word to the fans.

Gagging order maybe?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Apollo lol, as if you’d believe a word he said. Nobody believed Swanny, Hilton or Mrs B for that matter.

Not talking about whether there’d be any substance to what he’d say, more that it’s a surprise he’s not said anything at all, bearing in mind his previous verbal badge-kissing.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

im sure as time goes AB will gain media confidence

He seems confident enough to me, and has things to say. He’s just not very good at speaking clearly.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

im sure as time goes AB will gain media confidence

He seems confident enough to me, and has things to say. He’s just not very good at speaking clearly.

Just watched the vid in full and i thought he seemed very laid back .. there were some unclear wording but i put that down to the accoustics of the interview location , the room lacked decent sound quality.
    Very cagey on who his assistant will be … anyone got any info ..or even a guess ???

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

It was a constant effort not to switch the volume off when Dean was being interviewed.

It’s notable that Dean has had absolutely nothing to say since leaving Scunthorpe United – at the least you’d have thought he’d be offering a word to the fans.

After all the abuse he got from majority of our fans?

Don’t blame him at all!

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Also.. I heard every single word on my phone for the interview

Seems like it’s a you problem

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

After all the abuse he got from majority of our fans?

Don’t blame him at all!

Hopefully the Fantastic Four are reading this. Can’t have someone mentally unstable having a role within the club.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Abuse from the majority of fans? The majority of views I saw were praiseworthy or unsure. ‘Abuse’ was thin on the ground, if at all.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

No, it’s a not especially good at speaking clearly problem.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Where they do the interviews is an echo chamber, the interview rambled.

Basically they will all be fit – well those here will be pending 2 offers to be accepted or rejected. Certainly JD was repetitive, blamed the same things every time. Did feel sorry for him, was obviously out of his depth.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Every interview with Butler I’ve heard has been the same – sometimes unintelligible muttering. But I do agree the location for this one (and the most recent Bru podcast) didn’t help. They need a media room which has been set up to deaden the sound.

It’s no big deal, I suppose – his team will hopefully do his talking for him next season.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I listened and found it OK. Had to turn it up a bit. Didnt find it particularly ‘mumbly.’Also found the content reasonably interesting. Can’t see a problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘They need a media room which has been set up to deaden the sound.’

The Royal Hotel maybe?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Basically they will all be fit – well those here will be pending 2 offers to be accepted or rejected. Certainly JD was repetitive, blamed the same things every time. Did feel sorry for him, was obviously out of his depth.

Going by Michelles latest interview if JD had stayed it would be a carbon copy of last seasons over budget failures… IMO great bloke very passionate but in over his level.. enough of JD ..AB talked well and seems very confident in the team he is trying to assemble.. agree with earlier post the interview did ramble a wee bit more so the room was like inside a toilet and echoes made some parts a bit unclear.

AB is growing on me

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

AB is growing on me

Don’t say that, Apollo 11 will say we have a mumbling fungus running the team!!!!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.