Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Please speak more clearly, man!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I thought he was brilliant. You can tell how much he loves the club and you can’t buy that when signing a manager. Butler’s love for the club shines through and I think he’ll do a good job.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I thought he was brilliant. You can tell how much he loves the club and you can’t buy that when signing a manager. Butler’s love for the club shines through and I think he’ll do a good job.

I don’t disagree. But he needs to speak more clearly – sometimes it’s hard to catch everything he’s saying. I felt the same about JD but he didn’t have anything worth listening to anyway.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Compared to Jimmy Dean he’s a scholar.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Agree. Had to rewind several times due to mumbling. Jury’s still out on Butler for me, but he’s set out his stall that promotion is the aim and anything less will be a failure just like it was for Jimmy. Let’s hope he can deliver.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Jury’s still out on Butler for me

Of course it’s still out, he hasn’t managed a game in this league for us yet !

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Agree. Had to rewind several times due to mumbling. Jury’s still out on Butler for me, but he’s set out his stall that promotion is the aim and anything less will be a failure just like it was for Jimmy. Let’s hope he can deliver.

Just send him on a quick course to get the speech sorted out. There are providers around Scunthorpe. The alternative is another year of hundreds of people shouting “What did he say?” at the radio.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’d rather have a mumbler than a scratcher who probably should never have been hired in the first place, let’s give Andy some slack eh, we gave Jimmy plenty and we’ve not kicked a ball in anger yet under Butler, if he gives us attacking winning football and gets us promoted he can mumble all he likes for me.

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

The microphone just needed to be closer to him. It was very hard to hear on my laptop.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

The microphone just needed to be closer to him. It was very hard to hear on my laptop.

I guarantee that even when a microphone is closer, you will still struggle to catch everything he says as he speaks far too fast and into his chest, and doesn’t enunciate very well.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

let’s give Andy some slack eh, we gave Jimmy plenty and we’ve not kicked a ball in anger yet under Butler

It’s got nothing to do with being anti-Butler, so there’s no cutting of slack required. I would just like to be able to hear what he says when he speaks, as I am sure he has plenty of interest to say. It’s a simple fix. Slower and more clearly.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Compared to Jimmy Dean he’s a scholar.

Compared to Jimmy Dean, Alan Knill’s Mr Motivator!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Please speak more clearly, man!

Just listened. I think that’s a bit harsh tbh and he’ll get used to doing more interviews. No need for media training IMO. The interviewer’s (James?) sound was much higher / closer so it’s more a case making sure he’s miked up properly next time I reckon. At one point the passing train’s almost as loud as his speech. If I stuck my phone speaker to my ear I could hear everything he said, but only at full volume. He’s just a quiet speaker, but articulate enough.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

We go from Jimmy Dean who had about as much tactical nous as a piece of wet lettuce and the bravery of the cowardly lion from wizard of oz. Butler comes in clearly loves the club to death, states he wants the team fitter/stronger and is brave enough to play with two strikers and people moan due to way he talks.

Crazy when you think about it.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

We go from Jimmy Dean who had about as much tactical nous as a piece of wet lettuce and the bravery of the cowardly lion from wizard of oz. Butler comes in clearly loves the club to death, states he wants the team fitter/stronger and is brave enough to play with two strikers and people moan due to way he talks.

Crazy when you think about it.

What’s crazy about it? He doesn’t speak clearly and I would like to be able to hear every word he says.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Listen to the Iron Bru podcast with Michelle, Roj and Butler for another example of often barely discernible chat from him.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

You might have some technology issues. He was a tad quieter than James but could make out every word listening to it on my phone.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

You might have some technology issues. He was a tad quieter than James but could make out every word listening to it on my phone.

No tech issues here.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Joking Apollo. A bit quick on the trigger there.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Joking Apollo. A bit quick on the trigger there.

Eh? Pardon? Whassat you say? Hmm?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Can you hear me mother?!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I loved the interview – okay, it was a bit wordy – but look at his eyes. I’ve never seen a manager for the Iron ooze the desire to succeed more than AB.
    I see a man who ain’t gonna tolerate third rate performances (or second rate) as was the case with our last gaffer.
    The proof of the pudding and all that … but this guy has, at least, got off to a terrific start.
    Keep it up once teams get onto the pitch, AB.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

More cotton buds needed rather than new microphones.

backofthenet18backofthenet18
    Participant
    Registered On: June 2, 2017
    Topics: 14

Heard every word easily

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Pardon?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Heard every word easily

I disagree, it’s not easy. It takes a constant effort.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It was a constant effort not to switch the volume off when Dean was being interviewed.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

It was a constant effort not to switch the volume off when Dean was being interviewed.

It’s notable that Dean has had absolutely nothing to say since leaving Scunthorpe United – at the least you’d have thought he’d be offering a word to the fans.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

It’s notable that Dean has had absolutely nothing to say since leaving Scunthorpe United – at the least you’d have thought he’d be offering a word to the fans.

I assume he’s been snapped-up by an ambitious club given the excellent job he was doing here, and his impressive coaching CV?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Apollo lol, as if you’d believe a word he said. Nobody believed Swanny, Hilton or Mrs B for that matter.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.