Maxwell Cohen Estates Limited

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Maxwell Cohen Estates Limited

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Endole:

There were a few red flags (late submissions) against the company.

“Compulsory strike-off was suspended 10 months ago”

“Confirmation Overdue

Confirmation statement overdue by 243 days
    Last submitted on 20 July 2021 (1 year 8 months ago)
    Next confirmation dated 20 July 2022
    Was due on 3 August 2022 (8 months ago)
    No changes occurred since incorporation”

“ Accounts Overdue

Accounts overdue by 427 days
    Last accounts submitted for period 30 April 2020 (2 years ago)
    Accounts type was Total Exemption Full
    Next accounts dated 30 April 2021
    Was due on 31 January 2022 (1 year 2 months ago)”

“ Incorporation
    18 June 2019
    Incorporated 3 years ago

Size
    Micro
    Less than 10 employees or under £2 million turnover

Classification
    Real estate agencies”

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

COMPANIES HOUSE:

07 May 2022 – Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended.

05 Apr 2022 – First Gazette notice for compulsory strike-off.

20 Jul 2021 – Confirmation statement made on 20 July 2021 with no updates.

16 Jul 2021 – Confirmation statement made on 17 June 2021 with no updates.

JohnGaylesNuttingKitJohnGaylesNuttingKit
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 10

Quite normal – looks like a non-trading vehicle so has probably been set up for something and then maybe not used (no assets/liabilities and a nominal net worth).

Not sure what the worry here is?

SUFC_IRON_ARTSUFC_IRON_ART
    Participant
    Registered On: June 10, 2016
    Topics: 0

Also similar ‘Maxwell Cohen Limited’ with 6 outstanding charges against it

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

Ask roderick langham what he thinks of him

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

This is like a Sherlock Holmes mystery.

Whom?

Roderick David LANGHAM ?

I don’t know the chap?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Come off it Rene course you know him.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Why don’t you ask him, write it all down then come on here to keep us informed, after all you always provide plenty of evidence to back up your posts and insinuations don’t you?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Another name not without some controversy.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/paul-collingwood-told-sort-out-of-court-7118471

Participant

Also similar ‘Maxwell Cohen Limited’ with 6 outstanding charges against it

Never mind the charges and the deficit on the balance sheet, their accounts were due for filing at Companies House on 31/03/22, so nearly 13 months overdue.

Hardly a sign of good corporate governance.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I don’t think all the hearsay is good for anyone , its being done to death now on here and with the fishies .

Its a bit boring

Lets just wait and see what May brings ,if Mr Hilton can stump up the 3.4Mil i dont think Scunthorpe utd fans will be too fussed about ifs,buts and maybes from his past .

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Agree with you Rich about the heresay. There’s enough stuff out there, recent actions, and actions to come, for supporters to make their own minds up. And we’re never going to all agree on our views about it all, so we’ll see how it develops. We are where we are, as they say.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You’re wasted on Grimsby Town btw

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Why don’t you ask him, write it all down then come on here to keep us informed, after all you always provide plenty of evidence to back up your posts and insinuations don’t you?

Do you want more work for SST to do?

Participant

Iron Insider, I’m intrigued by your post above and I will tell you why.

I have found a screenshot on social media of an historic tweet by “hiltonsgroup” who alleged to have been in dispute with Rod Langham.

Can you add anything further?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Forget about his distant past, look at the world class recent history!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

We got flip flopper Pat pushing his big bad burger bun box spouting one minute “up the Iron” next its yer going down (not very nice to his chum DH).. then Intense Bystander on his crusade searching through more caves and turning over more stones then David Attenbourough when in reality I for one wont give a rats arse about the past if DH comes up with the doe for GP and the club can finally move on… not interested at all in Hilts past its the present and future that counts.

R. HoodR. Hood
    Participant
    Registered On: April 20, 2023
    Topics: 0

IB – Go to Company number 11437340, look at Charge code
    1143 7340 0006, then search on the company that hold the charge. In the directorships you will find RL. Then have a peep at the statement under going concern on that company’s accounts that are made up to 31/08/2020. Maybe co-incidental.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

After the original post can’t understand why it hasn’t been moved to non football it took ten posts before a team was mentioned?

Participant

1143 7340 0006, then search on the company that hold the charge. In the directorships you will find RL. Then have a peep at the statement under going concern on that company’s accounts that are made up to 31/08/2020. Maybe co-incidental.

Fantastic. I’ll piece this back to the original tweet by “@Hiltonsgroup” for the benefit of those who are interested once I have finished cutting the grass.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘once I have finished cutting the grass.’

Yeah, get your priorities right! 🤣🤣

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

‘once I have finished cutting the grass.’

Yeah, get your priorities right! 🤣🤣

Think he’s smoking it not cutting it, he probably cuts his cocaine before sniffing it then comes on here.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who does? 🤣

Participant

As you say, it might be coincidental but here is what we know.

1) Original tweet by “@hiltonsofficial” (I’ve not bothered to correct the obvious mistakes) – “Tonto is a guy called Rod Langham owner of a company called Stoneygate Commercial Finance, they lied to me and their own backers and spent money that wasn’t there’s. I was successful in a dispute and so they’ve come out to derail”.

2) We know that Stoneygate 2007 Ltd, a company controlled by a Rod Langham has provided finance to Maxwell Cohen Ltd in the form of secured loans.

12/11/18 – £941,176.47 – Charge code 114373400001.

20/12/18 – £500,000.00 – Charge code 11437340002.

31/08/19 – £304,350.00 – Charge code 11437300004.

18/09/19 – £377,906.97 – Charge code 11437300005.

3) The accounts for Stoneygate 2007 Ltd (year end 31/08/20) – Going Concern Basis:

“A significant default on advances made in the year has come to the attention of the board of directors. Lawyers have been instructed (on a no win/no fee basis) to take recovery action and protect the company’s position insofar as possible given the damage already done; further a claim is being pursued against legal advisors involved in the document drafting. Full provisions against defaults have been made in these financial statements.”

4) The accounts for Stoneygate 2007 Ltd (year end 31/08/21) – Going Concern Basis:

“A significant default on advances made in the immediately prior year became known to the board of directors whom took corrective action insofar as possible given the damage already done; full provisions against defaults are included in these financial statements.”

5) 06/10/21 – A striking off application is received by Companies House from Maxwell Cohen Ltd.

6) 04/11/21 – An objection was received by Companies House in respect to Maxwell Cohen’s application.

7) As of today, the accounts for Maxwell Cohen Ltd are the best part of 13 months overdue.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Bystander give it a rest you’re a quid shop, glue sniffing version of Miss Marple.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

At least those attending Flag Day will know who the red ones belong to…Bystander or Insider!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bystander give it a rest you’re a quid shop, glue sniffing version of Miss Marple.

In Grimsby that’s known as a compliment.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

As you say, it might be coincidental but here is what we know.

1) Original tweet by “@hiltonsofficial” (I’ve not bothered to correct the obvious mistakes) – “Tonto is a guy called Rod Langham owner of a company called Stoneygate Commercial Finance, they lied to me and their own backers and spent money that wasn’t there’s. I was successful in a dispute and so they’ve come out to derail”.

2) We know that Stoneygate 2007 Ltd, a company controlled by a Rod Langham has provided finance to Maxwell Cohen Ltd in the form of secured loans.

12/11/18 – £941,176.47 – Charge code 114373400001.

20/12/18 – £500,000.00 – Charge code 11437340002.

31/08/19 – £304,350.00 – Charge code 11437300004.

18/09/19 – £377,906.97 – Charge code 11437300005.

3) The accounts for Stoneygate 2007 Ltd (year end 31/08/20) – Going Concern Basis:

“A significant default on advances made in the year has come to the attention of the board of directors. Lawyers have been instructed (on a no win/no fee basis) to take recovery action and protect the company’s position insofar as possible given the damage already done; further a claim is being pursued against legal advisors involved in the document drafting. Full provisions against defaults have been made in these financial statements.”

4) The accounts for Stoneygate 2007 Ltd (year end 31/08/21) – Going Concern Basis:

“A significant default on advances made in the immediately prior year became known to the board of directors whom took corrective action insofar as possible given the damage already done; full provisions against defaults are included in these financial statements.”

5) 06/10/21 – A striking off application is received by Companies House from Maxwell Cohen Ltd.

6) 04/11/21 – An objection was received by Companies House in respect to Maxwell Cohen’s application.

7) As of today, the accounts for Maxwell Cohen Ltd are the best part of 13 months overdue.

So, is Ilkeston on the “never never”?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

IB
    Your fascination ,no obsession with hunting down DH to the extent of what his favourite bog roll is and if hes tanga or boxer really has become more tedious than the media v Harry n Megs … to you and a hand full of others it may be of interest and make your trousers move alas me and im guessing most other normal SUFC fans just dont give a shit and are simply waiting to see the outcome re the GP issue ..DH saved our club paid off its tax and other debts for that alone i am very grateful

Agree with whoever posted this thread should be moved to the non football section where it can be ignored more easily or followed by those who do find it of any importance.

I trimmed some grass last night .. i think its called a Brazilian ..lord knows the Iron could do with one or two of them in the side in its current plight.

UTI

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

Iron Insider, I’m intrigued by your post above and I will tell you why.

I have found a screenshot on social media of an historic tweet by “hiltonsgroup” who alleged to have been in dispute with Rod Langham.

Can you add anything further?

“Ex-England cricket star Collingwood sues IFA (Rod Langham) over £300k losses”

https://citywire.com/new-model-adviser/news/ex-england-cricket-star-collingwood-sues-ifa-over-300k-losses/a676442

More twists & turns and sub plots than an episode of Dallas.

Oh well, comedy hour tomorrow to look forward to versus Southend. A bit of light relief from all the Sherlock Holmes malarkey.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

IB
    Your fascination ,no obsession with hunting down DH to the extent of what his favourite bog roll is and if hes tanga or boxer really has become more tedious than the media v Harry n Megs … to you and a hand full of others it may be of interest and make your trousers move alas me and im guessing most other normal SUFC fans just dont give a shit and are simply waiting to see the outcome re the GP issue ..DH saved our club paid off its tax and other debts for that alone i am very grateful

Why are we blaming the messenger?

3 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.