fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Maybe all you Hilton haters should do the same against Tamworth? would be good to see all three of you walk out (it would be 6 but half of you don’t go to games)

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I see the fans who want unity are slagging off fans again.

It’s like when criticism of Swann meant you hatef his wealth and wanted us to fail. No room for nuance. I hope Hilton proves my scepticism wrong. If the ground issue gets sorted, it would do a lot to ease genuine anxieties.

Participant

I called Swann out from the start based on FACTS from Trinity fans, I never hated his wealth or wanted us to fail, I hated the lies he told from the start, as I remember there were only a handful of us speaking out against Swann and we were all ridiculed and accused of despicable lies. If and when I get solid FACTS about Mr Hilton not being the right man for us I will speak out about him aswell, up to now I have not no reason to so he will remain getting my 100% support.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I have no issue with that. However, some of us have scepticism of Hilton and digs at those of us who are won’t create unity. Such digs are not dissimilar to the wealth hating accusations from Bucks, UTI99 and co. I may be wrong in my scepticism, but I’d rather be wrong in this than shut down worries I have.

On topic now, I feel like this protest will be futile. It will take a lot for VAR to be removed now.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

And will you continue to label anyone who dare criticise him as a ‘hater’? That’s noble of you.

Participant

I have no issue with that. However, some of us have scepticism of Hilton and digs at those of us who are won’t create unity. Such digs are not dissimilar to the wealth hating accusations from Bucks, UTI99 and co. I may be wrong in my scepticism, but I’d rather be wrong in this than shut down worries I have.

On topic now, I feel like this protest will be futile. It will take a lot for VAR to be removed now.

The difference is there were facts to back up the obvious doubts about Swann if people were willing to look hard enough and not just love the fact he was chucking money we didn’t have at a championship dream, a dream a few of us tried telling you would end in tears. There are no facts to suggest Mr Hilton has an ulterior motive against Scunthorpe United other than the ludicrous comments about Swann still owning the ground from people that don’t understand that a sale needs two people to complete.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Aye, two people need to complete the deal and we can’t just assume Hilton is in the right based on his say so. I don’t see the issues listed as unresolvable (may be wrong) and his history with Britannia Law and Company’s House show enough for me to be worried over competence and/or character. Frankly, from the interview with Adian last week and other things, it looks to me like he is not confident in his position on Glanford Park, and he will shoulder some blame for that (nope, Swann definitely doesn’t get off the hook). You can dismiss them all you like, fine, but they won’t go away for me until they’re proven to be wrong with action, not brags or words.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘The difference is there were facts to back up the obvious doubts about Swann if people were willing to look hard enough’

The irony.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Oh gxz”#2k off you lot!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Sorry for the thread hijack, 64. On topic, do you know what caused the fans to be unhappy with VAR in this case? Did a decision go against them or is it a general protest because they don’t like it?

I have to say that watching football with VAR is frustrating and it feels like a big part of the game has gone. I don’t watch much Premier League, but with the world cup and european championships it just ruins the sponteneity of the celebration. A lot of the time for borderline penalties (if that) and whether someone’s armpit hair made them offside. No-one would have cared before it was brought in either way, but now it is some big deal for the officials.

I would have been happier with accepting human error from the officials in real time, as it was before. It was more enjoyable than this. It doesn’t even remove human error!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

VAR if left as just goal line technology would have been fine and if a sensible reasoning had been applied to what is classed as offside and applied to the VAR system then that would also have been fine. Penalties should always be left to the officials on the field because as we see now everything about the nature of the game we love, the spontaneity, is being entirely controlled by machine.The interpretation of the laws and then fed into the VAR system is entirely of the football authorities own making, they pandered to the football pundits, players and managers making
    negative remarks around refereeing decisions they disagreed with, even using slow motion replays to back up their arguments. Well the authorities listened and after so much negativity aimed at referees on the field by observers of the game, they applied overkill and now we have the shit show that is VAR. Of course it’s VAR’s fault now but of course it isn’t, the pundits are complaining of overkill, well who started it? As for the fans walking out in this case, well it’s a gesture they must feel strongly about but I can’t see it catching on TBH.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

VAR is tosh .. as already mentioned only decent aspect is goal line tech .. using VAR for penalty decisions handballs sendinds off and offsides is at best dubious and IMO spoils the game …in some cases an offside can be given or not on the basis that the player did or did not clip his toenails which is bonkers.
    VAR is now being used in MANY Asean leagues and from what ive seen being used by refs as a way to influence games where there could be corruption involved ..the Thai leagues are riddled with dodgy officials and even more bent owners than in Europe (UK).

WHat would be marvelous and gets a mention in my night time prayers is for this GP issue to get sorted as i feel if this happens fans will unite and back DH n JD and i would really fancy us for a great season .. the ground issue up in the air with a possible ground share could derail things and for sure is sewing doubt in the minds of all involved.

Swan is a proven rabid dog .. told lie after lie such as he will give the ground back and leave the club in a better place than he found it .. total bullshit ..he is the sole reason the club is in such a sad situation.

David Hilton gets my total support for what hes done to date i try to ignore the haters and their crusade against him …the only thing i care about is SUFC surviving ,staying at GP and actually seeing some good football , goals and success on the field.

UTI

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Just practising for the deluge of AI.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Someone was bored last night.

Instead of Bremner, Bird and Fortune, we have Barley, Smithson and Williamson.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Should I understand this?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Just practising for the deluge of AI.

Been here all the time les, just reversed the initials to con you.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Another one who pops up on here when someone suggests everything isn’t awesome.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Not so much VAR as the fact that they keep changing the laws on offside and handball every season.

Use the system or not it still boils down to human error.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

Not so much VAR as the fact that they keep changing the laws on offside and handball every season.

Use the system or not it still boils down to human error.

But the laws are being changed to cope with the level of analysis that VAR imposes. That is why we are seeing goals given/disallowed which would never have been the case without VAR and its lines. Equally, with handball, a perfectly innocent arm position in normal team suddenly looks incredibly guilty in 1/8th speed replays.

If VAR didn’t exist, we wouldn’t be seeing these law changes.

And let’s be honest, VAR is a product for the TV viewer, it has absolutely nothing to do with people who actually go to games.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Another one who pops up on here when someone suggests everything isn’t awesome.

Apologies for not being with it, CMC. No agendas here. Just didn’t understand it and was curious. I didn’t know that coming on once in a while was some kind of sinister ‘popping up.’ I knew the Rory Bremner et al reference but for some reason don’t know who the other 3 are. Leave it if I’m just being dim.

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

Hi guys, just joined as interested in what’s going on here. I am a little confused as I saw a post saying that Mr Hilton had shown proof of funds, but he still hasn’t paid for the land and stadium. Surely if he has the funds, he could just pay Mr Swan, and then there is no problems left to deal with right? I have no axe to grind, I just worry that the NFL, or whoever administers the league you are in, may decide to throw you out of the League! If I am incorrect in anything I have said, please correct me.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Seems that the problem is an unregistered strip of land within the GP grounds that came to light after the deal was agreed. Plenty of posts about it on other threads over recent months but TBH nobody on here knows whether or not this is really an issue or an excuse.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Var should go back to the basics that we were told and expected (Clear and obvious) no bloody offside lines if it’s that close it’s not clear and obvious, no going back to the build up before scoring or penalty decision’s. To be honest ferrites last paragraph sums it up bang on, let’s get rid of it and like others say just stick with the goal line technology. On a lighter note could AI ever take over the role could it interpret the offside and handball rules when humans can’t agree?

RuugerRuuger
    Participant

Hmm, some strange goings on there. Doesn’t say a lot for Mr Hilton if he is looking for loopholes to get his way. Not very nice business practice at all. To me there seems to be a bit of delaying tactics going on here, which one will win, is anyones guess.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

If that’s the case Ruuger let’s all get behind him and let’s hope he screws Swanny over hey,

RuugerRuuger
    Participant

Oh, I’m not backing any side, I don’t know enough about what’s going on to be fair.

• The topic ‘Marvellous’ is closed to new replies.