Maidenhead

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Maidenhead

• Author
    Iron147Tom
    Participant
    Registered On: February 2, 2016
    Topics: 24

Proper non league day today.

Part time side which we will need to respect today. But do feel if we’re going to have a half decent season we need to beat sides like this. Play like we did first hour on Saturday I think we will be fine 🤞

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Boooo….Laws Out!

Staines MassiveStaines Massive
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 5

That aged well

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Where’s that thread about Nuttall could never score a hat trick 👀?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Commentary suggests we had the lion’s share of domination but when you go bonkers at the end of the first half and start gifting goals … Sigh.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Let’s hope the first half was a brief homage to the last 4 seasons of slapstick defending.

Difficult to tell from 75 minutes of radio commentary but some positives.

We have a plan B.

A brief return to 4-4-2. In my view the right tactics for this level.

We came back and gave it a go.

Also I see Yeovil held Wrexham so they are not such a poor team.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Forgot to mention Nuttall getting a couple of goal is no bad thing.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

To all those brave guys who travelled in scorching heat – any thoughts on Carver?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We would not have staged a comeback in the last few seasons so although we lost today the attitude is obviously better. Chuffed for Nuttall will do him the world of good, we still need four more players in the squad IMO.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

It’s going to be a long season. Gonna get hammered on Tuesday at Woking.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Sounds like poor defending again and us not hitting the target, we can’t be taking teams lightly, certainly a wake up call when you are 3 goals down to a team you would expect to at least get a point from.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Definitely need to start 2 up top on Tuesday..much, much better when Carver came on. Wilson did well too. Taft was shaky at times against Yeovil and was shocking again today. Boyce wasn’t great but Taft was dreadful.

Hill said players will be coming in but only when the window for the football league is closing towards the end of the month. No doubt we need another CB. As said before we need another 4 in the building. I don’t think playing a LB in Daniel as a wide player works either.

If Hill set’s up like that again with 2 wide players he needs to play Wilson, least he’s a natural winger.

tastas
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 4

All teams have played two games and nobody has won them both, could be a tight league this season.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

Two league goals are enough to be joint top scorer, according to today’s figures.

That means that Nuttall is right up there. I do hope that Kieth continues to play him and Carver together up top, because he seems better with someone who can hold the ball and create havoc in amongst our opponents defence.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

I think they went thinking it would be easy,after KH interview on RH he felt the same there is a lesson to be learnt

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I’d rather we go with 2 strikers from here on in. Only problem is the lack of depth if we start the pair of them. Who would come on as a adequate replacement if one of them was to pull up with an injury, Daniel ?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

It would be good to hear from someone who actually saw the game.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Sign off and wait until tomorrow then, no doubt you’ll come across somebody.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Thanks for that WG. Great advice.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

What time does Awaywego’s train get in?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I thought Chris Martin was giving him a lift home.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Hill playing Daniel up top/wide is’nt working… he was the only absentee vs Yeovil and not brilliant again today.

We are still desperately short of a squad, the bench looks weak to say the least!

A left sided CB to challenge Taft, a left winger who excites, a CM to add some competition and give us options when injury/suspension kick in and at least one striker.

Not sure about Dewhurst… I hope he’s good enough to be considered a great Gk in iron colours… time will tell

Finally I’m starting to worry that Hill isn’t the solution and is part of the problem but I’ll hold fire on this as I really want him to succeed

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

To little to late about some’s it up, Nuttall should have scored early doors better chance than last wks miss must put them chances away, pleased he scored 2 hope it will boost his confidence but that’s as far as I can go to credit him could and should have been so different with Feeney striking the woodwork as well. Then we went to sleep poor sloppy defending a la Harrogate, Sutton, and Orient, got an early lifeline second half,their goalie got lucky with 2 saves with his legs one from Carver other than that he looked anonymous, then a finish from Nuttall you just thought maybe, but with 8 more mins left not a sniff and they saw the game out easily, Ogle my motm, great when he’s allowed to go forward shame Hill makes him pass back to much mind you he makes everyone pass back to much, Butterfield not at the races today but others should have stood up, Wilson made a difference again, whether he’d be the same starting a game I’d like to see, their number 20 Arthur similar height to Wilson made them tick Wilson could do the same, definitely very disappointed we shouldn’t have been playing catch-up. Nice little ground proper non lge, let’s copy them and allow our own fans access to both ends when away fans are sparse.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Ogle started to do attacking throw ins late second half, like I said to little to late let him do it from the start why is Hill holding him and the team back?.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

PS I’m home dear.

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

What a disaster the first half was. Schoolboy degending. Allowing the ball to come across. Players swinging and missing. The last Maidenhead goal in the last minute of the first half was a shocker. For me, we should have been pumping high balls into Nuttall who had the beating of their defenders in the air. But, oh no. Instead we played tippy tappy football and got nowhere. O Malley seemed to be playing too deep and could have overlapped more, but he seemed reluctant to get forward. Taft worries me and got caught out several times. Ogle was a class above the rest. With us only having a 10 minute spell in a 90 minute game is a worry. Yet another Hill master class. I cant figure out how the managet wants the team to play.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

442 needs to be the norm.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment too much. Definitely highlights the need for reinforcements and surprised we didn’t strengthen last week.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Taft worries me and got caught out several times

Taft was also shaky against Yeovil at times. Definitely need another CB. Daniel doesn’t want to be starting there either, Hill wants to be going with Wilson until we get another wide player in the building.

Daniel’s a LB playing LW and he looks like one too. We need 2 strikers up there as well. If taft keeps playing like he is, I wouldn’t be against giving Ethan Young a go, doubt he’d be any more shaky.

S11DS11D
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 3

If only Taft’s ability matched his arrogance, he is abysmal.
    Yesterday was nothing short of embarrassing & Hill not even bothering to wander over is a disgrace to the 300 strong away contingent.
    4 additions needed minimum.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.