Land Acquired

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Land Acquired

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

If you think Swann, there’s no evidence for him either.

This thing did happen with Bury fans too during his attempted takeover, though that is not to say these troll accounts are Hilton. It could be someone with a vendetta against him trying to frame him from way back, but I highly doubt you know who it is.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

The Signs are down on the plots of land.
    Stolen by a little scrote or put up without permission on land that isn’t his by a little scrote?

The club have permission from the land owner to put the signs up.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

I have an idea who might be responsible for all that crap on Twitter. Let’s just say that I don’t think it is our current chairman…

What you really mean is, you know absolutely nothing.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

I know just as much as anyone else on here. No more no less. Then again I only said I had an idea who. Not going to say who though.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

A common theme is that the perpetrators all claim to be friends with David…

Do you really think for one minute if they we’re friends with Hilton that they would own up and say it’s them that’s behind all this ?Whoever it is behind this is only saying that from these accounts to cause instability.

Only 3 groups of people it could be, Section of cod fans up to no good, Bury fans carrying a grudge from when Hilton tried to buy

I can’t begin to imagine why an actual SUFC would be behind it.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

Yeah because Cod fans and Bury fans have access to the addresses of Scunthorpe United supporters in order to be able to publish photographs of their houses when they are critical of Hilton.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEEEEEEEEEEEE

Participant

Do you really think for one minute if they we’re friends with Hilton that they would own up and say it’s them that’s behind all this ?Whoever it is behind this is only saying that from these accounts to cause instability.

Only 3 groups of people it could be, Section of cod fans up to no good, Bury fans carrying a grudge from when Hilton tried to buy them or it could be something to do with Swann potentially being an arse hole.

If you spend time on social media looking at historic posts and screenshots, Bury fans were subjected to abuse and threats too.

I will reiterate what I said a few weeks ago, if any of your supporters are being abused or receiving threats on social media, screenshot them and contact one of the Football Liaison Officers at Humberside Police.

Participant

It is my understanding that a deal has been agreed with the football club for the land. However, as of this morning, it is still owned by Onward Holdings Ltd.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Only 3 groups of people it could be, Section of cod fans up to no good, Bury fans carrying a grudge from when Hilton tried to buy them or it could be something to do with Swann potentially being an arse hole.

If you spend time on social media looking at historic posts and screenshots, Bury fans were subjected to abuse and threats too.

I will reiterate what I said a few weeks ago, if any of your supporters are being abused or receiving threats on social media, screenshot them and contact one of the Football Liaison Officers at Humberside Police.

That was Swann playing the long game, knowing Hilton would later become interested in SUFC. ;-)

For any legal bod; I am not being remotely serious!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Apologies in advance to our average viewers and shoddy amateur sleuths, ignore him, probably a cod head 🤣🤼‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I know just as much as anyone else on here. No more no less. Then again I only said I had an idea who. Not going to say who though.

Is it people in small boats?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I don’t think those accounts are cods tbf, the parody accounts normally target our own and our club .

I think the issue is a lot of the input from our fans is from respected contributors on Twitter and even the more sensible one’s on The Fishy raising genuine concerns rather than baiting or goading Hilton ; I think most are viewing it objectively and asking questions that would be raised if it was us .

I don’t have any idea how it will work out and hope Hilton is the man to deliver on all his promises , but looking in as an outsider with the continued backtracking and U turns it’s difficult to know what will happen next.

UTI

3 users thanked author for this post.
    timelordtimelord
    Participant
    Registered On: March 23, 2022
    Topics: 0

Does this tie in with the rumours about a ground share at Gainsborough next season?

Participant

Yesterday I listened to the podcast which Iron Bru did with Peter Swann. I know he was unpopular with your fanbase and you couldn’t wait to see the back of him, but I thought he spoke very well. He’s certainly a different operator to Hilton.

As I see it, Swann’s biggest mistake to date is doing a deal with Hilton and I suspect by now, he knows it. That said, Swann’s in the driving seat now because of how events have unfolded. Unless Swann and his advisors have had a bad day at the office, I can’t image that he would have transferred his shares in Scunthorpe United FC without there being a clause in the sale agreement which states that Hilton must complete on the purchase of the freehold otherwise the shares revert back to the seller.

Is the relationship between Matt Ellis, Matt Blanchard & Peter Swann still a cordial one and if it is, I would be interested to hear how Swann intends on moving this forward.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Swann spoke well, but none of his promises materialised, was full of excuses for failure and rather touchy with criticism. He wasn’t afraid to use the legal system for dealing with fans and journalists. By the end our relationship with local journalists was at rock bottom, with them being refused access to Glanford Park.

I am not going to go into a ramble, but I think his failure was due to incompetence and ego over anything truly sinister. Some may disagree, but I think he thought he could deliver far more than he could achieve with his ability. He is a known gambling addict (now) and took that approach with us. You won’t get many coming to his defence for this reason; he gambled our future for a pipe dream. This for me makes him a bad owner and he didn’t prioritise our existence over his own high opinion of his capabilities and dreams. Plus, there was a lot of nepotism, with family members dominating the board room, including having his son as chief scout.

I doubt the IB lads will go for another Swann interview. They got enough hassle from some for not being critical of Swann enough, so will probably not bother for this reason alone.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

There was never any point of an interview with Mr Swann – you only got his version and how do you challenge when you don’t know a thing.

Participant

Swann spoke well, but none of his promises materialised, was full of excuses for failure and rather touchy with criticism. He wasn’t afraid to use the legal system for dealing with fans and journalists. By the end our relationship with local journalists was at rock bottom, with them being refused access to Glanford Park.

I am not going to go into a ramble, but I think his failure was due to incompetence and ego over anything truly sinister. Some may disagree, but I think he thought he could deliver far more than he could achieve with his ability. He is a known gambling addict (now) and took that approach with us. You won’t get many coming to his defence for this reason; he gambled our future for a pipe dream. This for me makes him a bad owner and he didn’t prioritise our existence over his own high opinion of his capabilities and dreams. Plus, there was a lot of nepotism, with family members dominating the board room, including having his son as chief scout.

I doubt the IB lads will go for another Swann interview. They got enough hassle from some for not being critical of Swann enough, so will probably not bother for this reason alone.

I’m certainly in no position to challenge any of that.

Like I said, unless Peter Swann and his advisors had a bad day at the office, he’s in the driving seat now. If one doesn’t already exist, opening up a line of communication with him would be a good starting point in my opinion. Whether that be the Trust Committee, the Iron Bru lads, another prominent supporter group or David Burns.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

Some of those podcasts were golden , imagine getting him back on now it would carnage .

RichgyRichgy
    Participant

He would probably say Hilton has ‘shafted’ him like he said the council and various others did .

It would be difficult to believe anything that Peter Swann says after all the false promises in those interviews

I am sure I heard it in one that him and his son basically picked player transfers for a time when covid was on and he actually wanted a try at managing because he had ‘a 50% win rate’ as Gaimsborough manager ?

He assasinated Chris Iwelumo as a player to ,referring to him as ‘Speedy Chris’ chuckling and making various other snide comments .

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Regardless what happens from now on, Peter Swann will be remembered for systematically ruining this football club and delivering the most miserable and toxic atmosphere we could have imagined.

On a micro level he is arrogant and fundamentally had no respect for the club or people associated with it. Speak to people like John Staff about their experiences with him.

You clearly have a vendetta against Hilton Interested Bystander and you may well be proved correct, if you are then that will be another promise Swann has broken because he stated we would be left in safe hands.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013

Why would Swann want the club back IB?

He has the assets without the burden of the club bills.

fans6464

If there is equity in the land after demolition I’d say Swann would prefer no sale,that said it’s pure fantasy to suggest he’d not prefer the less hassle simple option of handing it over to the club for his asking price

fans6464

Did anyone else notice the wording in the club statement about the tax” instalments” still being paid.I thought he’d paid the bill off?

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant

Didn’t notice the wording but I’m sure he did say he’d paid hmrc in full when he first took over.

fans6464

Me too

fans6464

“Is the relationship between Matt Ellis, Matt Blanchard & Peter Swann still a cordial one and if it is, I would be interested to hear how Swann intends on moving this forward.”
    It was as cordial as both parties needed it to be ,Matt B ,in particular, chucked in a few uncomfortable questions asked by supporters for Swann in their encounters without seemingly being disrespectful ,the other 2 I always felt hadn’t the stones .As for those who wanted him stoning at the Iron Bru cross,they make me laugh most of them like Awaywego backed Swann until the last year or so and slated Bru and Matt for being negative when questioning Swann

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Didn’t notice the wording but I’m sure he did say he’d paid hmrc in full when he first took over.

02/04/23 (https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/april/-player-an-update-from-david-hilton/) from 7mins 20sec.

£192K paid to HMRC straight away.

3 x £58K payments to HMRC (This will be PAYE & NI).

£40K VAT Return.

Participant

Disposing of the club, stadium and surrounding land as one complete package will have meant an easier and cleaner exit for him. As things stand now, he either challenges Hilton over the sale or he bites the bullet and waits for the club to exit GP which will take years before he can do anything.

Participant

Regardless what happens from now on, Peter Swann will be remembered for systematically ruining this football club and delivering the most miserable and toxic atmosphere we could have imagined.

On a micro level he is arrogant and fundamentally had no respect for the club or people associated with it. Speak to people like John Staff about their experiences with him.

You clearly have a vendetta against Hilton Interested Bystander and you may well be proved correct, if you are then that will be another promise Swann has broken because he stated we would be left in safe hands.

I hear you, I really do.

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant

Disposing of the club, stadium and surrounding land as one complete package will have meant an easier and cleaner exit for him. As things stand now, he either challenges Hilton over the sale or he bites the bullet and waits for the club to exit GP which will take years before he can do anything.

Of course but that was then and this is now. There’s no way he’s taking the club back on.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.