Killing a person intentionally.

Iron Bru Forums Non Football Killing a person intentionally.

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’d say killing everyone in a flood is pretty bad,pregnant women included

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Yes but in bills worldview God said he had dropped a bollock flooding the earth and killing all those people and animals and he would never do it again. So because God said he was sorry, bill is cool about God taking all those lives, sort of like it didn’t really count in the grand scheme of things.

fans6464

I’m just playing the ball

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Yes but in bills worldview God said he had dropped a bollock flooding the earth and killing all those people and animals and he would never do it again. So because God said he was sorry, bill is cool about God taking all those lives, sort of like it didn’t really count in the grand scheme of things.

BPG would be more likely to say something along the lines of God is the ultimate moral arbiter, and who are we as sinful humans to judge its decisions? God is good, therefore its decision making, according to a literalist interpretation of the Bible, is good. The people of the time were sinful and had rebelled against God to the extent that death was what God decided worthy of them, no matter their age. God doesn’t make mistakes.

Of course other Christians take a less literal view of the Bible and such, but BPG is a fundamentalist and this will be closer to his belief.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I was putting it in layman’s terms because it’s easier, it’s easier for me but I’m sure you all got the drift, it’s not God’s fault it never is.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

And God presents Moses with a law saying “thou shalt not kill” shortly after he’s murdered the first born male child of every Egyptian family.

Nice guy eh?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

And again, given that one in four pregnancies end in miscarriage, what sentence should the omnipotent deity receive for allowing this to happen? No Youtube guff please.

fans6464

Allowing?

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I tend to stay out of these exchanges at the moment for reasons recently stated … but I feel obliged to say that I am sobered by the dismissiveness and almost gleeful disparaging of Christ and Christianity in some of the above posts. My advice … which I recognise may well be ignored … would certainly be to hold back from the type of comment that NI concluded his post with. My feelings are neither here nor there .. I can handle the sadness such comments evoke. But, as someone who aspires to live out my conviction that God is worthy of awe and reverence, I truly urge all posters to keep a sense of proportion … even better to consider your limitations and mortality and examine again the claims of Christ. The second may (wrongly) seem a betrayal of yourself …but the first would cost you nothing.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

It would be better for all if BPG stopped trying to convert a group of obvious non-believers to his “worldview”.

Worldview is a word I only ever encounter on this forum.

“even better to consider your limitations and mortality and examine again the claims of Christ”.

I’ll give that a miss if you don’t mind.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

There you go. Removed. I’d hate to upset any Christian viewers.

But they’re just Fairy Stories JI.

No different to any other mythology. Do you believe that Venus was conceived when the Titan Cronus castrated his father, the god Uranus, whose severed genitals fertilized the sea?

Thought not! So why is that a story yet the Bible truth?

Anyway back to topic. As my wife and daughter rightly say “men should STFU about abortion. It’s nothing to do with them!”

Just a BPG fishing trip. Nothing to see here.

Participant

I’ve said what I wanted to say. I’ve previously given thorough, detailed and length explanations as to why I share the faith of so many hundreds of millions both historically and currently…. you have never given any indication of genuine curiosity, NI. My contribution here has simply been to urge the most unrestrained posters to stay away from unnecessary insults. Suggesting that the world would be a better place if Jesus had been aborted is a statement that I wish you had not made … not for my sake ..or God’s ..but for yours.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

You have a right to profess your faith.

I have a right to say it’s ridiculous.

fans6464

It’s clear BPG can host you all but I think NIs comment was a step to far and am glad he removed it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

No problem. Though I do sometimes feel like John Cleese having to justify the making of Life of Brian!

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

JI.”Suggesting that the world would be a better place if Jesus had been aborted is a statement that I wish you had not made ..not for my sake ,orGod’s..but for yours.”
    BUT NI doesn’t believe in Jesus,JI. Why for NI’s sake do you think this(?)when he professes his unbelief in Christ.
    Why not ask him,why do you wish a fictional character,according to you,should have been aborted for a better world?

FiftyPenceFifty Pence
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2016
    Topics: 1

Not believing in the Christian God doesn’t mean not believing in the person (or people) to whom stories have been attributed to.

Had abortion been an option, do you think Gabriel would have convinced Mary to do so, rather than trying to convince Joseph that magic had happened when Gabriel came ? Or maybe the lure of cheap wine and lots of fish would’ve convince him not to ?

Participant

BPG …you would do better to attend to your own posts rather than trying to improve mine. NI never intimated that he thought Jesus was fictional… only that he doesn’t believe in the teachings of Christianity.
    My sentiments were out of concern for anyone who would make the statement around aborting Jesus to improve the world. We are supposed to have a heart of concern for people, Bill. Not just relentlessly try to prove ourselves right.
    In fairness NI did quickly have second thoughts and take the statement down. That’s something …although I would obviousy prefer that he acknowledged the gravity of such a statement… again for his sake.
    I do hope, Bill, that you aren’t going to keep monitoring my posts solely to see if you can expose my flawed thinking and theology. Nobody on here is bothered … and you know how far apart I feel we are both in terms of belief and how we express faith. My advice is to expect very little from me ..and then you won’t be disappointed.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

BPG …you would do better to attend to your own posts rather than trying to improve mine. NI never intimated that he thought Jesus was fictional.

Oh, but I do think that, and BPG knows it.

At the risk of repeating historic posts, the name Jesus doesn’t appear until the 4th century and the Jesus story is as re-working of previous mythology. Horus, Dionysius, Mithras etc.

Fictional!

But that’s not to say fictional literature can’t promote morality.

The Bible, however isn’t my “go to” book on the shelf!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I do not believe in the mystical and miraculous elements of Jesus’ life, but there is much hisorical evidence for Jesus than many historical figures, such as Pythagoras, Homer (no, not Simpson) and Sun Tzu.

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

I thought this was a football forum!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Look at the forum subsection it’s posted in.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Perhaps the words “Non Football” might give it away, well it would to an intelligent person.
    Way past your bedtime sonny.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

I fear you may have accidentally stepped through the time portal into Iron Bru’s parallel universe!

The longer you stay here the less likelihood there is of you ever escaping.

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Hotel California.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.