Home Forums Non Football Kier

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 631

I was beginning to think he was alright as leader, but no he’s more like a member of the forum 6,7,8, asked for the last couple of weeks for a statement on how to move forward, then slags Boris off for his, yes it wasn’t totally clear but how can it be, yet Scotland ,Wales and N Ireland leaders say status quo and he says nothing why isn’t he wanting their road map. Blamed Boris for not moving together doesn’t he understand that they are devolved country’s and can make their own decisions.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 1928

“yes it wasn’t totally clear but how can it be”.

If nobody can understand it, what’s the point?

TwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 1806

Memo for Keir*:

Forget you’re the leader of the opposition, and slavishly kowtow to Boris especially after an ambiguous speech.

* I before E, except after K.

It’s our time.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 122
    Replies: 3868

What are you talking about awaywego? Even the Telegraph are slating him for this potentially disastrous statement. I’m loath to call it a plan because it clearly isn’t it. Still I guess all the media, the TUC and the majority of the population are all wrong eh?

Why do you expect Keir Starmer to offer an alternative? He’s trying to work with the buffoon not completely undermine him at this time. Last thing anybody needs right now is the leader of the opposition saying ‘what a load of waffle, I’d do it like this’ and creating confusion. Labour’s position is clear: ‘give us more clarity’. And it’s what everybody wants.

2 users thanked author for this post.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 144
    Replies: 3006

I was beginning to think he was alright as leader, but no he’s more like a member of the forum 6,7,8, asked for the last couple of weeks for a statement on how to move forward, then slags Boris off for his, yes it wasn’t totally clear but how can it be, yet Scotland ,Wales and N Ireland leaders say status quo and he says nothing why isn’t he wanting their road map. Blamed Boris for not moving together doesn’t he understand that they are devolved country’s and can make their own decisions.

Awaywego. it is SIX mate, there will never be another one or two, so please stick to the usual SIX.

Deereyme66
    Participant

Whatever turns you on BS 😂

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

So pray tell BS what is your considered opinion of the blond haired moptops latest bag of bollocks reasoning to the plight of our country. Message nice and clear for you was it?

Awaywego
    Participant

Deerey I don’t expect him to offer an alternative, he wanted a get out plan and he got one, let him say ok that’s a start but we will look at the details tomorrow, not to criticize just for the sake of it.And like I said the devolved nations offered nothing.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

When Starmer asked for an exit plan he obviously wanted one which was adequate. He obviously feels, like many others, that what Johnson offered up last night wasn’t satisfactory. This is a government, not an after school club; we should expect high standards from them, as should the opposition.

THE-99%
    Topics: 890
    Replies: 4234

the fact awaywego thought Kier was ok says so much. a bit like announcements from Kier promoted on the Labour facebook pages which are links to the Times hidden behind a Murdoch paywall, a Labour leader asking members and followers to fill Murdochs coffers to hear his pronouncements sits wrong wuth me.

Heath
    Participant

You clearly have a preference for a Labour leader who has no chance of winning an election!! Result, none of their policies ever get enacted, apart from the ones that the Tories pinch.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Heath
    Participant

“so please stick to the usual SIX”.

Has anybody ever called you boring?

Awaywego
    Participant

I am just on about Keir been leader of the Labour party, he needs to come across as a statesman not a member of the forum 6,7,8. like is said.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

And how does criticising the government for something, which you’ve admitted it’s been weak on yesterday, violate this? He needs to be statesmanlike, but he also needs to hold the government to account and demand action when it can do better. His framing of it was conductive, with emphasis on providing clarity.

As for Starmer and the Times, I’d say that it is a positive. Reaching out to such readers is necessary to win the minds of swing voters, and posting to such says nothing about him, unless you live in conspiracy land. He’s done far more in PMQs to give oppostion to the Tories than Corbyn ever did with his scripted performances and moving on to the next point after reading out his criticisms. He actually thinks on his feet and responds to the situation as it is, so Tory misgivings don’t get swept to the wayside, as it was under Corbyn.

Awaywego
    Participant

exactly BR the time is at 3.30pm this afternoon to hold boris to account or a least when boris stops speaking that is, they now have the document which keir didnt have last night.i hope he will challenge him on culture and sports to behind closed doors.

Deereyme66
    Participant

How many more people have difficulty spelling his name right?! Not just on here either.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10997

And like I said the devolved nations offered nothing.

Au contraire!

Scotland- Stay at home!

Wales – Stay at home!

Northern Ireland – Stay at home!

England – Be lucky!

TwoWrights
    Participant

Awaywego
    Participant

Keir wanted an exit strategy so full marks to you NI for agreeing all the devolved nations could offer was what was said 7 wks ago, i think Keir wanted more than that. And yes your right as well with England will have to be lucky, we owe a great debt to the workers who have died by going to work to keep society running but now its time for others to do the same, teachers and the like, if the “r” rate doesnt go up they will open it more, are the government using them as cannon fodder, of course they are, but life is a risk every thing we do is a managed risk,(“one for bucks” like getting in a car) so we have to start somewhere, i think they have chosen well the two youngest age groups at school to go back first the lowest death rate of anybody.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

YES HEATH, you have!!!

Heath
    Participant

And rightly so!!!!!

THE-99%

pick a weaker family member to die awaywego then explain to the rest of the family why its right your mum, for instance, should be sacrificed.
    In other News Liverpool players to do interviews in the Sun, they need to gdt their brand out to a wider audience

Awaywego
    Participant

Luckily we don’t know who would be weaker with covid of working age,You should treat it like the national lottery 99% and hope you don’t win the jackpot, because it is happening there’s no getting away from it.

THE-99%

more roullette of the Russian kind

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10997

Liverpool players to do interviews in the Sun, they need to gdt their brand out to a wider audience

And they have nice soft skin!

Heath
    Participant

Lottery odds
    Lotto jackpot: 1 in 45,057,474.
    EuroMillions jackpot: 1 in 139,838,160.
    Set For Life top prize: 1 in 15,339,390.
    Thunderball top prize: 1 in 8,060,598.

Hardly comparable!!

Awaywego
    Participant

But Heath “do you feel lucky punk”.

TwoWrights
    Participant

I am just on about Keir been leader of the Labour party, he needs to come across as a statesman not a member of the forum 6,7,8. like is said.

Today’s PMQ’s saw cold hard facts from Starmer, and bluff and bluster from Johnson. The time will come when Johnson HAS to fully explain the care home catastrophe.

It’s our time.

Awaywego
    Participant

Give him an Oscar great acting.😂

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Whatever turns you on BS 😂

They certainly do not turn me on mate, but realistically we are stuck with them.

I still find it very difficult to grasp that Heathy is really as bitter as he appears to be, I assume that it is a front and that he is affraid to go against the other FIVE, he just cannot be so bitter in real life.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.