Topics: 8

thank you michelle from the bottom of my heart for saving our club
    best wishes

5 users thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I am sure that all Scunthorpe United fans and the town people in general will join together in wishing and giving their full possible support in what ever way that they can in their support and thanks to Michelle
    for saving our football club.
    Also a big thank you to people that have assisted Michelle in this take over, added to all persons that have clubed together in raising over £67,000 to help to pay the wages of unpaid SUFC staff, well done all of you and lets all hope that our loved club soon get back to where it belongs in the football league.

UP THE IRON.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Indeed woke up this morning feeling a whole lot better but knowing little about what had happened the previously afternoon and evening…suffice to say seems DH has gone and things seem way more positive.
    Sounds like a very complex deal and and thank Michelle Harness and anyone else involved in getting it over the line.
    The SUFC statement was quite brief with quite a few areas not mentioned but obviously first and foremost so happy the town will still have a football club…

My wish list

A deal can be done with Swan to buy or lease to buy terms keeping the games at GP

The new owners have the funds to pay the tax debt and staff including the players so we are not at risk of loosing any of the great squad currently at the club.

In an acceptable time frame the other debts CCJs etc can be cleared without selling any assets (players) to do so.

FANBASE UNITY and a massive turn out on Saturday and for future games ..hope the weathers kind for the unity walk.

JIMMY MAKES A SWIFT AND FULL RECOVERY.

Get back to winning ways and PROMOTION

I win the lottery and could help more… my future trip back home is back on , be nice to meet a few of Brus members at the games and catch up with some other mates and oldtimers.

UNITED WE STAND

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023
    Topics: 0

Oh my god, so much money to solve issue.
    She can’t do it alone,I pray for Swann to reduce Glanford Park rental.
    Finally I wish Michelle , Matt , all who donate , David and Peter have a happy.
    Forget any trouble in past, and move forward with each person’s hope.
    Buddhism teaches people to love and forgive each other.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Hey Suggs im in the North at the moment (Nong Khai) but back in Bkk next week and planning an afternoon of survival celebration,, if you have time welcome to meet up.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

A great birthday present for me, to know that The Iron are safe. Hopefully now Swann (Coolsilk) will sell us back Glanford Park.

UP THE IRON!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Most said they weren’t going to give Swanny a penny more let alone buy or rent the ground from him up to now jobs being a good un Hilton paying pennies, what is the mood now.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Being a good un Hilton’ would have paid Swann what he promised he would and there wouldn’t be a need for the new owner and Board to negotiate with him. ‘Good un Hilton’ would have had the club trying to groundshare at Gainsborough at very short notice. That would have worked well. What a good un!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I’m looking forward to The Athletic’s article – and seeing the clown flail while trying to stave off implosion.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.