Jimmy Dean

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Jimmy Dean

• Author
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Get Bucksiron in to manage the catering outlets.

Visualizing Buck’s in a chef’s hat and grubby apron, brandishing a soup ladle dishing out meagre bowls of gruel at the food outlets shouting, ” now get it down you, stop moaning and no there isn’t anymore “. 😂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

We could hire Bucks for every role. It’s doubtful anyone knows more about each and every role than him, since any point against his position is ‘daft’ or ‘ridiculous’ and relying on so called ‘experts’ over paying attention to the sole voice of reason. It would solve our overstaffing problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

Feels a gamble given Nelson is getting the best out of a squad with a lot of limitations and giving us a chance of beating the drop.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Feels a gamble given Nelson is getting the best out of a squad with a lot of limitations and giving us a chance of beating the drop.

The ‘lads’ obviously like & respect him and were buying in to his ‘battle plan’.
    I’d have given the Vice Admiral until the end of the season.
    Then reassess.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Nelson is a gamble too. No previous experience of note, worse record than Dean. We are in good form and he put a good case for his managerial candidacy (and I get disappointment because of this), but there is no guarantee of prolonged form.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

after what I saw yesterday I’d have kept Nelson, lads were fighting and gave their very best . I think this is poor by the new chairman ,in it’s execution and timing.
    as for Humberside,they should be ashamed

4 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Is that the best we can do?
    I thought we were done with Shysters at this club.
    He’s been able to sign National league players this season and so far, they are mid table. They only get 350, or less, as they aren’t popular in Peterborough and it can’t sustain 2 clubs at a high level.
    I live down this way and Peterborough people have a bit of front about them but this lad thinks his own poo doesn’t stink.
    He won’t last if appointed.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

“People usually discover how gullible they’ve been at the end of every rainbow.”

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

after what I saw yesterday I’d have kept Nelson, lads were fighting and gave their very best . I think this is poor by the new chairman ,in it’s execution and timing.
    as for Humberside,they should be ashamed

Horatio was making a battle of it.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Would have kept Mr Nelson. On no contract and with limited resources as worked a miracle.

Since he took control he stopped the big defeats, established a system and developed the inexperienced players. Then he slowed the defeats down until now you see a team that can play and in 3 days got 4 pts from 6.

Now new plan. new faces and experience from a division below – hope it works.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Shut up bloody moaning, going down anyway, it’s all about next season, as for Humberside, great piece of journalism, keep us informed about the club as soon as you know anything, ta.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Shut up bloody moaning, going down anyway, it’s all about next season, as for Humberside, great piece of journalism, keep us informed about the club as soon as you know anything, ta.

I get disappointment over Nelson, but the grumbling about Dean has been OTT. He has a good record, yet people are speaking as if it doesn’t matter and comparing it negatively to Nelson. Nelson’s done well, but his record is one good month or two. If Dean’s record is concerning, then Nelson’s is too. There have been many times we have had coaches who made a good start only to fall away. Especially for the inexperienced.

This isn’t meant to do Nelson down, he’s done a great job, but he is still a gamble.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Nelson has been retained as Head Coach on a contract ( he didn’t have a contract before ) so his influence on the first team will still be very relevant and is appreciated by the new owner. David Hilton did mention in his interview that Nelson would be retained in some position at the club when he had decided what to do and he has kept his word. People need to calm down and let the situation under the new owner to calm down and give this guy and his management team a chance to prove themselves. Get behind the team and management and back them, that’s what all supporters should do, we’ve had enough shite surrounding our club in the last few years to last a lifetime, move on FFS.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Gutted, i thought things couldnt get any worse, they have.

If you see any Scunny stuff turning up for sale online will be me.. Goodbye

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

I understand why the new owner wants his own management team and it’s deffo his right to do so. The only thing I hope is that it doesn’t turn out like it did with the last manager who had just started to get the team playing really well. Let’s hope it workes out and when Jimmy Dean is head-hunted we’ve got a ready made replacement in Nelson.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Gutted, i thought things couldnt get any worse, they have.

If you see any Scunny stuff turning up for sale online will be me.. Goodbye

Please expand 🤷‍♂️

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Cryptic fear mongering is tedious.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

and when Jimmy Dean is head-hunted

Is he Pep in disguise 🙇‍♂️😵‍💫🙇‍♂️

Peterborough Sports
    2015-16 United Counties League Division One [Step 10] – Equivalent to NCEL Div One.

2016-17 United Counties League Premier Division [Step 9]

2017-18 Northern Premier League Division One South [Step 8]

2018-19 Southern League Division One Central [Step 8]

2019-22 Southern League Premier Division Central [Step 7]

2022-23 NLS [Step 6]

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

So he has no experience in this division and only half a seasons experience in the division below. Fingers crossed

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Nor has Nelson barring a month or two. I’d have been happy with Nelson, as would most, but if we’re choosing Conference experience as a criticism for Dean it has to apply for Nelson really.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’d suggest dropping the 666 from his Twitter addy.
    Or is he the beast?

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

Nor has Nelson barring a month or two. I’d have been happy with Nelson, as would most, but if we’re choosing Conference experience as a criticism for Dean it has to apply for Nelson really.

True
    As I say, seven points from the next four games and I’ll be convinced

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Newbies learning their trade… riding with stabilisers still.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

True

As I say, seven points from the next four games and I’ll be convinced

We’ll do well to take three points.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Don’t know where his twitter profile has gone

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

It is probably for the best he has deleted it.

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 3

I suppose all those playing the ‘lack of experience’card would have been happy to have Keith Hill back.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I suppose all those playing the ‘lack of experience’card would have been happy to have Keith Hill back.

Oh yeah i remember him seems ages ago we were blessed with him doesnt it … bucket loads of experience but totally clueless and was only here for the money nowt else as it turned out,

Rochdale fans need to be worried are they next for the Hill master class ???

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I wouldn’t trust Hill to run a bath!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Im surprised been no sausage jokes ….YET … it is early days im sure Jimmy will make a sizzling start in Lincolnshire… i love a good sausage and Jimmy Deans are one of my favs.

[/url]

i will get my coat

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.