Jimmy Dean

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Jimmy Dean

• Author
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

ФК «Аркадаг» досрочно стал чемпионом Туркменистана, выиграв подряд 20 матчей турнира

Is this the Jimmy Dean of Turkmenistan?

At the behest of a Dictator, the pick of the best players available, keep winning…until you come up against stiff opposition

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Have no particular axe to grind with him, I just see that he has limitations tactically and he will find it very hard in NL. He will, most probably, take us up so deserves to have a go next season, but it will be very testing. As with any manager and player hope he proves me wrong

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Scunthorpe United.
    Unity not division.
    He is what he is.
    We are what we are.
    We are where we are.
    We are skint.
    We are top of the league.
    Stick with what we’ve got.
    See out his contract – then perhaps have a change?
    Give Jimbob a break.
    I’d have stuck with Admiral Nelson.
    But… that ship sailed.
    Support Jimbob… Support SUFC.
    UTI.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Your day time drinking is getting a bit too much Rene.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It’s the mood swings that worry me

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It’s the mood swings that worry me

Probably just your age DM

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Doesn’t he like football?

fans6464

Hopefully we get promoted and he rides off into the sunset a winner. He’s not the guy to take this club anywhere, the players are dictating things I reckon and when their skill isn’t enough they’re not getting enough direction to change games in my opinion

1st bit looking less likely

CMCCMC
    Participant

Of
    The
    League

End of.

Eight

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

As I said in the “8 points behind” thread ; Smiths gone, Butterfield out with concussion so that’s our 2 best players out of the current picture. Leading scorer (and chief shithouse) Whitehall is suspended. We ain’t got no money so any players that could come in as replacements like Pugh, Bennett, Carver and DSF are out on loan. The ones we’ve got like Wilson, Barrows, Kelly, Shrimpton and Beestin are not up to speed/coming back from injury. We are under a transfer embargo due to debts that still haven’t been repaid so we can’t sign anyone, or even reloan Smith.
    Haven’t we just won 6, drawn 2 and lost one of the last 9 games ? Already people are bottling it.
    I only came on here in the first place to moan about Dean last season but what he’s done since relegation has convinced me to support him this season.
    The reality is the club is still being dug out of a deep hole and the fact that we are up there with a chance of promotion is a decent achievement so far (in my opinion). Im quite sure in an ideal world Dean would have kept Smith and probably had Bennett, who scored 2 for Southport last week, in reserve to replace Whitehall. But it is far from an ideal world, so I’ll do my bit which is turn up at home, cheer them on and stick some money in the pot.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Yeah. We need to keep a grip on reality.

A club still in existence in 5, 10, 25, 50 years time is all that matters.

Promotion will happen, when it happens.

Reduce then eliminate the debt and then take it from there.

UTI.

fans6464

Glad you don’t trying saying I’m wrong, you’d look silly

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Can we stop with all this “get a grip with reality” and “let’s be happy that we still exist” nonsense.

A bad performance is a bad performance. The players and the manager need to sort themselves out and find a consistent level at which they can perform. They have a long way to go still.

We are all aware of what could have happened, but it doesn’t excuse what we are currently seeing on the pitch.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

It is not just about the wins. It is the manner of defeats. Over many seasons I have gone to some games knowing a win was remote but I knew that the team would fight from front to back, they would sweat blood by the end.

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

agree – someone blamed Covid for all our problems, which just gives everyone an excuses. Now its lets be grateful we’re in business, which doesn’t excuse performances like Sat or 2nd half v Boston. We are FT in a mainly PT league. Our players careers are from leagues above. Lets get focused and set out to dominate not react to our opponents. Sadly JD seems overawed by managering us as are the teams we play who are have their biggest game in years!

CMCCMC
    Participant

Lower your expectations!

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

Why. Not unreasonable to expect more when we have a squad of FT professionals mostly taking on PT players, who when we play them at their place mange to raise their game and take points of us. Or surprise us by parking the bus at our arena. To date JD and the players have got off lightly

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

A neutral would have only thought we were the full team for the first 10 minutes on Saturday and for the first 30 minutes the week before.

For the remainder of those games we were outfought and out thought.

We have also conceded 4 goals in the last 2 games from bog standard high balls into the box from corners or wide free kicks. Interestingly I doubt we have scored more than 4 this season from similar situations.

We have missed Whitehall if not for his forward play then for his usually excellent defensive work from set pieces. Certainly Elliott was at fault for Boston’s first when he completely missed what should have been a simple near post clearance.

Given Tamworth rely heavily on set piece goals and their fat boy centre back puts every throw in they get in the final third onto the middle of the 6 yard box we may have a problem Saturday particularly with Whitehall still absent.

Much as I like Ogle I think Barrows needs to come in at right back for at least the Tamworth game if not for longer to give us some additional cover in the air. Having a front 6 with little capability in the air between them is a big disadvantage in this league and most other leagues to be fair.

Might be time to rest Denton and see what Kelly is made of. Seems to have a bit of fire about him that the team sadly lacks when things don’t go to plan. Final thought – Beestin is nowhere near fit enough to compete in midfield against Tamworth as demonstrated yesterday.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

Paul Hurst would be welcome back to Scunny.He wasn’t given any time to show what he can do as a manager. He is certainly better than Jimmy Dean.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I’d guess that we are stuck with him until his contract expires due to our finances / debt?

CMCCMC
    Participant

No length of contract has ever been mentioned.

Edit: Telegraph reckons it finishes end of this season

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Pretty sure many wouldn’t welcome back Hurst. I really don’t think binning off Dean at this point in the season is wise.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

If his contract is up end of season then doubt they’ll get rid until then. He is very limited intelligence and tactical wise and there is no way we should be putting performances like we have been against players who have full time jobs in the day and this is their hobby. Dean and Beestin both worry me at the minute, both have competency issues – for one reason or another.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant

Pretty sure many wouldn’t welcome back Hurst. I really don’t think binning off Dean at this point in the season is wise.

Hurst brought in a load of Dross and put his best attacking players – Colclough and Van Veen – on the bench.
    The only manager in 30+years i’ve celebrated being sacked, yes sacked.
    I warned them lot up the road giving him a big budget, they wouldn’t listen and what happened.
    Cox and Hill got a fraction of Hurst’s budget so no wonder they floundered.
    The damage is already done under Dean’s reign.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

The only person I would allow back of recent managers would be Michael Nelson. After that Peter Wild presently at Barrow to help rebuild.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The next manager will be in house, probably starting with the letters “But”

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The next manager will be in house, probably starting with the letters “But”

If it’s Big Butt he may need to lose a few pounds to fit in the manager’s seat.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bobby Buttock? Aye, always rated him.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Bobby Buttock? Aye, always rated him.

I heard he was a bit of an arse.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

He was, then he turned the other cheek

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.