Jimmy Dean

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Jimmy Dean

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Hopefully we get promoted and he rides off into the sunset a winner. He’s not the guy to take this club anywhere, the players are dictating things I reckon and when their skill isn’t enough they’re not getting enough direction to change games in my opinion

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Oh dear. We must have lost a game.

Never good to lose a match with a substandard team performance but writing off the manager and captain seems a bit of an overreaction.

Check out the league table Fansy. Then check it for the previous 5 seasons.

Blessing in disguise I am hoping. Every further round we progressed would have meant rearranging Saturday league fixtures to additional Tuesday games.

Only promotion matters. If Jimmy and Michael help us achieve that then job done. If not then we can question things.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

I saw enough last season too

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Very harsh to blame Dean for that sh1tshow. Pep wouldn’t have kept us up with those players.

fans6464

I completely disagree ,he put Boyce in,he kept Roberts doing nowt to name two thing he did/didn’t do.Our wingers /wide players instead of pressing home an attack have to cutback in a bad way ,often actually stopping any flow and passing back,not even cutting in as they’re supposed to do when played on the wrong foot. He’s the manger and supposed to see this and change it. Our Big lump up front is clearly not the guy to play through yet we never try getting to the line and playing back to him ,tis is tactical not players

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Very harsh to blame Dean for that sh1tshow. Pep wouldn’t have kept us up with those players.

It’s not as if he was bought a load of new players on his way to achieving 3 wins in 18…

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Bottom of the National League… only players we could attract was everyone else’s dross what miracle are you expecting?

fans6464

so went out and knowingly signed crap despite our finances?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Yes. Clever lad that Hilton.

Nearly as astute as his predecessor.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

To be fair though Clunan is piss poor at the moment, we all knew it was to slow a play before half time and its up to him to motivate the players but sod all and that’s being the case in previous games, need a new captain imo.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Bottom of the National League… only players we could attract was everyone else’s dross what miracle are you expecting?

On £1500 a week as well?

No doubt they’re all up Broadway this after as a reward for last nights work…

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

We are where we are despite JD, not because of him.

Plan B? No, we don’t have one…..

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

The replacing of Mr Nelson was wrong. I think David [Pick a name] picked who he wanted for what he wanted !

Is he the right man ? How many times do people say we are inconsistent – start 1st half well but 2nd half way off the pace etc. Good teams are consistent. I don’t think he is a bad manager but I do think he may be a division to high.

Every game must be a ‘must win’ game.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Sometimes you are better with the devil you know.

Handovers are extremely difficult and very costly.

When did the USA men’s 4 x 100m team last strike gold at the olympics?

You may be surprised that it was way back in 2000!

A silver, 3 DSQs (1 for doping) and a DNQ from the last five Olympic Games.

Handovers are tricky in athletics and are just as common and disastrous in football.

Sack, Appoint, Clear-out of ‘crap’ players, new players signed on 2 or 3 year contracts – honeymoon over, team struggles, sack manager, appoint new manager…

Rinse & Repeat.

Do we have money to burn?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I thought we had a management “team”?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It’s not as if he was bought a load of new players on his way to achieving 3 wins in 18…

They were hardly his choices TBF or had you forgotten that

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

You can probably work out how many of the signings were Jimmy’s choices by checking how many of the bargain bin signings are still at the club and making the starting 11.

It’s a nice round number.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I think everyone can see that Jimmy is learning on the job. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Is he perfect? No. However, given we are top of the table right now I think it would be foolish (and extremely harsh) to consider replacing him at this juncture. I do honestly believe if we can keep this squad together then we will be champions of the NLN. The squad is just so much better than any other in the league.

If (sorry I mean when) we go up the big question is, do we stick with Jimmy next season? As it stands today, I would say that Jimmy Dean would struggle in the National League.

I guess time will tell.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Of
    The
    League

End of.

fans6464

End of what? The Pier?

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

End of any point in you starting yet another thread about not liking Dean, his tactics or whether he should be manager. Under the circumstances, where weeks ago we have walked out of the stadium not knowing if we’d ever walk back in, the fact we are top of the league is surely enough for now. Whatever you think about Dean he does actually seem to care and has done what was expected this season, so far.

fans6464

I care too,can I be manager please?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

the players are dictating things I reckon and when their skill isn’t enough they’re not getting enough direction to change games in my opinion

Not often I agree with 64 but his suggestion does hold some weight due to playing teams who adopt the same tactic time and time again and we don’t have a plan B to counteract it.

I like Dean and expect us to get out of this league but when it comes to the tactical nous that’s going to be needed the following season from Dean, I’m not entirely convinced he’s going to have that in his locker.

Jimmy has one way of playing and when that doesn’t work we very rarely change it up.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant

You can probably work out how many of the signings were Jimmy’s choices by checking how many of the bargain bin signings are still at the club and making the starting 11.

It’s a nice round number.

The Injury prone ones… Roberts, Clunan…

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Speaking with a friend of mine last night who played with Jimmy at St Ives (the cambs one). Jesus wept the stories were both hilarious and horrifying in equal measure.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Speaking with a friend of mine last night who played with Jimmy at St Ives (the cambs one). Jesus wept the stories were both hilarious and horrifying in equal measure.

Look forward to you retelling some of these ” stories” on here so the masses can judge for themselves on their validity. I’m guessing it’s just another bomb tossed into the JD discussion with no evidence provided, not like that has never happened on this forum before.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

What’s the length of his contract?
    Is he on a rolling 12 month contract or a two year contract from his appointment?
    I think we will have him at the tiller until his contract expires.

CMCCMC
    Participant

There’s plenty of them round Peterborough, ask anyone in the non league circles.

Posting on here we don’t want make work for SST, 64 and Deerey so the usual suspects can put their fingers in the ears and pretend it never happened. Like their overwhelming support of the previous owner.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Guess we will have to take your word then or just dismiss it as bollocks, we all have a choice when it comes to rumour with no evidence.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Of
    The
    League

End of.

Top of the League (still) thanks to an ex-Iron notching for Chester yesterday!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.