Jimbob – Honeymoon Over?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Jimbob – Honeymoon Over?

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Quite pleased with the players brought in but …

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

IMO
    1.Too many
    2.Not enough of them an improvement on what we had.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

I’m more distressed about how the players are being used. I have little clue who is better and who is not. It’s a hotchpotch.
    Couldn’t believe we didn’t play a fit Feeney wide yesterday.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

yep i reckon too many new faces brought in one lump most on the same day n other following thereafter also at speed, in hindsight this was always bound to cause issues finding a settled side quickly , a new manager was appointed also very quickly .. Mr Hilton decided to go that route as quote they needed to work quickly to change the footballing side of the club in an attempt to avoid the drop this season… well its not gone too well up to now has it .

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Rather like our previous owner Hilton gambled.

Bring in new coaches and players and hope they could get us the points required to climb out of the bottom four.

Thus far it hasn’t happened. And as we all know we’re running out of games.

I don’t even think there was time for a honeymoon was there?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

This honeymoon has been cut short by bad weather, food poisoning a burst condom or premature ejaculation metaphorically speaking obviously and the feel good buzz has all but gone as will the decent attendance numbers…shame it all looked so positive a month ago.

UTI

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

What gets me is why people think things would improve so quickly, as if a new owner was the complete answer. It would appear that jimbob is treating this season as pre season games and yesterday’s was a disaster no biggy move on to the next, almost everyone excepted we were going to be relegated let him try and see what works and what doesn’t.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

It was the manner of the defeat has sent alarm bells ringing for supporters. He showed no tactical nous to switch things up when every man and his dog was screaming for wingers; The post match interview was worrying too.

I imagine He’ll be backed by supporters for the short term but don’t expect people to pay £22 and not moan when served up with that yesterday.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well they certainly won’t on Tuesday Cliff 2500 would be good crowd after Saturdays performance. Maybe the thread should be “Hilton – honeymoon over?”

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

At least Hilton tried!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

This honeymoon has been cut short by bad weather, food poisoning a burst condom or premature ejaculation metaphorically speaking obviously and the feel good buzz has all but gone as will the decent attendance numbers…shame it all looked so positive a month ago.

UTI

FAF

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Well they certainly won’t on Tuesday Cliff 2500 would be good crowd after Saturdays performance. Maybe the thread should be “Hilton – honeymoon over?”

What recent weeks have shown is that the support is there in the local community and beyond IF the feel good factor can return , by that i mean playing good attractive passionate football and dare i say WINNING REGULARLY .. if / when we get relegated im guessing if we are playing well and around the the top of the table the attendances will be good..there aint no easy leagues and an immediate return is not a given has to be earned.

Back to the sale of the club ..in hindsight the new manager and many player signings do seem a bit rushed n rash and bound to cause problems in finding a settled line up quickly..

Thats in the past .. publicly the chairman has to say the right things but im wondering if Mr Hilton is in the back of his mind hes ruing buying the club and also making decisions so quickly re changes at the club.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Real life PlayStations are ostentatiously expensive in comparison with the Sony version.

It’s a very conspicuous massage of the anima.

Living the dream or dying the nightmare?

How much money can you afford to burn?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Notts County 4-0 Scunny

York 0-0 Scunny

“If at first, you don’t succeed, you may be at your level of incompetence already.”
    George (GoT) Martin

open hearth ironopen hearth iron
    Participant
    Topics: 7

Your not that bad Reneartois

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The marriage let alone the honeymoon could be over today should we suffer an embarrassing home drubbing.
    Anything like a 0-3, a 1-4 etc and it gives you no hope for the future.
    It’s a MUST WIN!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Fed up with everyone saying “A must win game” bloody boring.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Jimbob – if it ain’t broke, you don’t fix it.

4-4-2

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Hopefully the starting line up will only contain players contracted to the club next season.

Let’s see how well or far off our own players do / are.

4-4-2

Keep it simple.
    Simple players need a simple formation.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

Serve the divorce papers.

We need a Phil Parkinson type manager!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I think I could win the National League with a playing budget in excess of £3m.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’ve said it before.
    They will be in the Championship within five years.
    Destination Premier League?
    A ten year plan?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

After 15 years out of the fl with the huge financial banking of the Hollywood guys plus the local council the future does seem very positive for Wrexham .. as i predicted earlier i can see them getting through L1 and L2 and to the Championship quite swiftly …i would not bet against them being an EPL side within the next 6 or 7 seasons.

Well done to all involved for making it happen and creating such a buzz in the town.

Scunny back in the efl most of our lifetimes is without doubt a tall order however optimistic and loyal you are.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Wouldn’t swap our last 15 years for theirs as much as I feel sorry for the grandkids for where we are now, hopefully they’ll have their own good times to come.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Well, I’ve had a sleep on it and here’s what I’ve come up with. Either:-
    1. Jimmy has no idea about how he wants his team to play.
    2. He knows how he wants them to play but can’t communicate that to the players.
    3. He communicates OK but the professional players have no respect for him and see Jimmy as a part time, pub team manager and do their own thing anyway.
    4. He successfully communicates how he wants them to play, they understand what he wants but aren’t good enough to do it.
    For me the most likely is 3. We have senior/experienced players who have spent years as FT professionals several levels above JD’s career and clearly think they know better. (They probably do.) As the young players are encouraged to learn fom the experienced pros it would be no surprise if this “I know better” attitude had filtered down to them. If this is the case then signing players good enough to succeed in NLN will presumably bring more of the same, the alternative being signing players from Peterborough Sports.
    Do you think Butterfield would stay as player/manager?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Do you think Butterfield would stay as player/manager?

I’m not a fan of player/managers.
    Nelson with Butterfield as player/coach might work?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Some good points cass but I wonder why Lawrie McMenemy was so successful, never played professionally only for Gateshead and then went into coaching. Yep I get it that times and players attitudes change but his success as a football league manager compared to his football career was quite staggering. Just a thought.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

That chap at Arsenil did ok too… Arson Winger I think his name was 😂

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Even better add Roy Hodgson in there.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Fair point, maybe his personality and physical stature got him through. Jimmy has neither. Change in players attitudes certainly a factor, it used to be that no one player was bigger than the club. That’s changed dramatically in the Prem. and everything filters down from there, it seems to have got down to at least one of ours. Ultimately a manager needs the players respect, either he arrives with the credentials that demand it or he earns it. Again neither applies to JD.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.