Jimbob – Honeymoon Over?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Jimbob – Honeymoon Over?

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Is it?

Only 13 more miserable match days to endure.

Keef – the guy in charge when we dropped to Non-League.

Jimbob – the dude at the tiller when we dropped to Regional football.

That’s what the history books will say.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Thanks for cheering me up Rene ..

I was really positive and hopeful prior to the fixture yesterday , the buzz is back , fresh faces on and off the pitch , more supporters attending and traveling surely this would be a turning point after so many months of depression .. its a cruel game and Jimmy needs to be given time , not counting the Barnet fixture hes only had 3 games …

Yesterday was very poor and thats being kind .. im not sure i agree with some comments that it was even between the two sides up until that 2 minutes of implosion sounded to me like BW were the way better side and their keeper was rarely troubled.

On to Tuesday and a huge improvement will be needed to come away with the 3 points that keeps the survival miracle alive.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Nice to hear a manager in his post match actually say he let the players know his feelings.

Normally people hear nothing and I do believe Jimmy D has his heart on his sleeve.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Mon – Game review & match planning.

Tues – game v Maidstone

What can / do you change?
    Large talent limited squad.
    Same old, same old.

Mid-table NLN next season.

Sorry guys. Only telling the truth.

We’ll be a big scalp next season.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Funny how these quaint old sayings still hang around in today’s modern game, ” Honeymoon Period” or “Over” as in this case, what a load of bollocks. We were down before the new guy arrived because the damage had been done over a four year period of decline overseen by the former ” Idiot In Charge”. If we survive in this division this season it will be a “Miracle” ( another load of bollocks from history), just get on with it.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Why do other teams get a ” new manager bounce?” How many more managers before we get one?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

We got it against the Daggers. Let’s not be greedy!

We still haven’t got a goal scorer worthy of the name. There’s a reason Boreham Wood released Elliott and it was Cove Rangers we got McDonagh from not the Ibrox outfit!

We’ll huff and puff until the end of the season. Some days it will click, others times it will be like yesterday.

Mathematically we are still in it, realistically we’re heading for a second relegation.

Unfair to target the manager after three games, as I-A says we were gone long before he arrived.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Jimbob can do what the hell he wants for the rest of this season it was over before he stepped in the door, it doesn’t matter some games we’ll enjoy some we won’t, the expectations once the club was sold that everything would be hunky dory on the pitch was beyond me football’s not that simple, it will take time, but we’ve got that time now for him to get it set for next season, said before all games a pre season game without the friendly bit to it. Now next season Jimbob even for me as to have a team challenging at the top with a minimum achievement of the playoffs, I will judge him on that.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Why do other teams get a ” new manager bounce?” How many more managers before we get one?

We also had the new owner bounce factored in as well..seems the script isnt panning out as planned or hoped.

A lady posted on face book ” we should be grateful we still have club ” and i agree but after years of Swans doom n gloom i think every fan was hoping for some respite from the depression, obviously this is going to take time and my fear is we get bogged down for years n years in non league NL NLN status indeed will we see football league status again within the generation of fans who post here?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No most of us will be dead.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Every game next season will be like a 3rd Round FA Cup tie for the opposition.
    Their visits to GP their equivalent of a trip to Wembley.
    They’ll all be after our scalp.
    We should be able to halt the slide with a mid table finish and start the long onerous journey back to the ‘promised land’.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

No most of us will be dead.

That’s everyone’s get out of jail free card Awaywego 😂

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Why have a few people started calling him Jimbob? Was he in The Waltons or Carter USM or something?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

When this many new faces arrive, there’s going to be good and bad days at the office. I’m surprised how some people on social media in general seem to be turning on Dean already. Blimey, get things in to perspective!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

When this many new faces arrive, there’s going to be good and bad days at the office. I’m surprised how some people on social media in general seem to be turning on Dean already. Blimey, get things in to perspective!

Jimmy did say on his first interview that he had turned off his social media, very wise, it’s a tough enough job as it is without the distraction of idiots.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

Don’t forget guys this manager has come from NLN what do you expect. Mr Hilton should have gone for a manager from this league or a former L2 club
    We are doomed.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Jimbob will do his best.
    He should be able to stabilise us next year in the NLN.
    Let’s see where we are this time next year.
    Even a League lower, we will be in a better place.
    It’s going to take many, many years to rectify the Swanntastrophe!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Some seem determined to not like Dean. We should have got a league manager or one used to this league. Would one have come? Despite this desire for experience of the league, many of those bemoaning Dean wanted Nelson full time, who had a worse record than Dean in NLN at Blyth.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Did think Mr Nelson deserved a chance with some additions. But Mr Hilton opted for Mr Deans so we have to go with that. Highest level he has ever managed at and I get the sense he DOES REALLY CARE.

But has to make it 13 cup finals from now – nothing else is good enough. You don’t score if you are nowhere near the opponents goal or not take shots. Shoot in but others have go for rebounds. Then in defence no one leaves anything to someone else – they have to be 100% committed.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I agree, I would have been fine with Nelson. I just find the moaning about Dean a bit much so early on and with arguments that would count against Nelson too.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Don’t forget guys this manager has come from NLN what do you expect. Mr Hilton should have gone for a manager from this league or a former L2 club
    We are doomed.

Like Keith Hill maybe?

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Would Dean have been my choice – that’s a massive No! However, he’s here now so we have to get behind him.

WE ARE NOT RELEGATED YET!!!

Lots of winnable fixtures left so let’s not condemn this squad to the NLN until the maths tell us it’s over.

The squad is much better, we have options and competition.
    Elliot has proved he can score goals in this league… he didn’t play yesterday so for someone to say ‘there’s a reason BW let Elliot go’ is ridiculous.

I had to have a word with myself after the Barnet game, I’ll tell you lot what I told myself… Get behind the team and stop the negativity!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Daniel needs to be in at LB. Leake is alright but we need all the experience out on the pitch we can muster. Bit late in the day now but we can do with another striker as well.

I also don’t really like this 1 isolated striker upfront I fully understand Elliot wasn’t available but why not push Beestin up alongside Big Gez, even Wilson for that matter and change shape ?

Seems like Dean has one way of playing and doesn’t really deviate from it.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Daniel needs to be in at LB

Based on what??? He’s been garbage in 99% of games he’s played.

Seems like Dean has one way of playing and doesn’t really deviate from it.

He’s had 3 games, hardly any time to deviate from anything.

Christ on a bike, we were relegated before Dean arrived give the guy a chance, I will judge him on next season.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Swanntastrophe! – I rarely like neologisms but this is one I’ll be using in future!

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023
    Topics: 0

Before Boreham match I go for draw, Boreham is hard to beat.
    But can’t score in that match,disappoint me.
    May be Jimmy would learn from that to tweak tactic against good defend team.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

When I play fussball, I always play a rigid 4-4-2 formation.

I find it keeps the opponents back four occupied more effectively.

😂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I said it at the time and I’ll reiterate.

We should have given the Admiral until the end of the season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Should’ve could’ve…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Lost the plot?
    Lost the fans?
    Lost the players?
    Fish out of water?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.