Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Signed for Gateshead on a one year deal, good luck to him

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Amazing they can afford him when obviously we couldn’t especially us offering him 3 deals which apparently he turned down.
    Did see on tuther side Mrs B questioned what Lee, and I take that as our Mr Turnbull was saying to people in conversation about Mr B she says it wasn’t correct, would you credit it.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Hope the extra cash makes up for having to play in a dodgy athletics stadium in front of about 1,000

Good luck though Jakey.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Too true. You’d have to have paid me a huge wad to play in that soulless wasteland!

Baffling.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

At least he isn’t playing against us next season, imagine if he’d signed for Kidderminster, Chorley or South Shields..?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I wish JB every success where ever he plays .. cracking player and one we should of tried harder to keep .. pleased hes not in NLN…and donations to various causes notably the SUFC Gofundme page should never be forgotten.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Overrated in my opinion,people talk about him as some sort of Iron great, we didn’t even get one c full consistent out of him in the 6th tier of football.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

How do you know what his wages are. Getting close to seasons start and that can focus ones attention on their financial demands.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Any attempts to use our our users personal details(dox)will see you banned

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Good player which we could have done with but my one reservation is how many games could he play 90 minutes

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Butterfield was on fire for half a season and was found out in the second half. Butterfield laboured after Christmas the same as some of the other players did.

I think Brogan will be just fine as his replacement.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

I wish JB every success where ever he plays .. cracking player and one we should of tried harder to keep .. pleased hes not in NLN…and donations to various causes notably the SUFC Gofundme page should never be forgotten.

I won’t forget his sizeable donation to our club when we were deep in the brown stuff and he hadn’t been paid himself. If my memory serves I don’t recall many (if any?) of our other players past or present donating, nor any of the coaching staff. Remember thinking Billy Sharp et al would have dipped their hands in their pockets but no. When the chips are down you really get the measure of a man and for me Butterfield was a classy bloke on and off the pitch.

As gutted as I am to see him go I think the Gateshead move will suit him. Possesion based team who play nice football. Caught a video on X, subsequent to seeing his announcement, of their friendly on Tuesday V Carlisle and their build up play looked alarming good for the level. And no surprise to see JB heavily involved and already got his first assist for them.

I can’t believe we couldn’t compete with Gateshead financially when you look at their gates vs ours. Which can only lead one to believe that it was indeed a footballing decision why he didn’t stay on.

As for labelling our new signings as his replacement, think that’s unfair on them and can only add pressure as they are very big boots to fill and you can’t really compare Brogan or Rowley to JB’s quality or experience.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Overrated in my opinion,people talk about him as some sort of Iron great, we didn’t even get one c full consistent out of him in the 6th tier of football.

Consistent enough for him to clean sweep the awards, get in team of the season and register the most assists in the division. If that’s a bad season for him I’d certainly have liked to keep him on to see a good one!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.