Is No News Good News ?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Is No News Good News ?

• Author
    KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

They say no news is good news but in relation to our beloved club I am not so sure. Given the current dire situation we are in you would think that the club would be using the media in an attempt to get more people/supporters interested in the club & who knows maybe even attending games. As fans we want to know in the close season whats happening on the recruitment front(even if it is pie in the sky ). We want to hear from the manager and the CEO ( not at a coffee morning) We want to know when the new kit is being unveiled. We want to know if you can get a pie & a pint before the game. We want to know what the club is doing in the community. We want to know that they are going to scrap the cringeworthy crossbar challenge at half time. We want to know if we are getting a proper scoreboard or borrowing one from a local cricket club. The fact is the club need to be promoting itself. What do we get NOTHING. The club has a website so why is it not updated at least on a weekly basis. It grieves me to say this but Grimsby have put us to shame on and off the field.. Positive Chairman, Positive Manager & a decent match day set up where there is now a fan zone. Presumably all the coffers going back into the club. What have we got, Oh yes the afterthought which is the iron bar. Come on Scunny give the few fans that are left some optimism or is it No news is bad news.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I wish to disagree – but am wholly unable to do so.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Well said KB.

BeefykeefyBeefykeefy
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 2

I’ve got a friend that is a cod head, and I have visited Blundell Park and was impressed with what the new owners have achieved in a short time. In Return he came to our Tin pot of a stadium and was unimpressed with how it has been left to deteriorate. Our ‘supposed’new owners can learn a lot from the ‘cods’It Is a great post from ‘keep believing’ and shows how uninterested our Illustrious chairman is, Who can’t even be arsed To come to games UTI

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

Good post Beefy, I just posted similar on another thread. Wild thinking and wreckless chairman are everywhere, and the days of financial woes being solved by going round the crowd with a collection bucket are long gone, astute businessmen with a love for the game are needed.
    A very rare breed in the current game it would seem.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Hey! They’ve just launched a former players association. What more do you want?

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2022/june/former-players-association-launched/

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Are they hoping a few might come out of retirement for next season?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Will they have to buy a season ticket to become a member?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Here we go again! The club’s website is updated regularly 4 posts in the last hour alone, maybe what you don’t want to hear about, but the club has posted more than Lincoln and Doncaster who are all posting much the same.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I would like to know when the season starts, and when the fixture list is announced.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Season starts 6th August

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I would like to know when the season starts, and when the fixture list is announced.

I think that’s the sort of information you’d expect to find on the club website isn’t it?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Well at least we know the future headline from the owner, ” it’s the fans fault not mine “. I think most would predict that news.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I would expect that Cass yes, But it would be nice to tell the club first, maybe you have to be a member first before they disclose anything, Halifax seem to know the start date but nothing on the national league web site about the new season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

What do you mean there’s no news? 660 miles more to do next season than last season – quite why the club want to tweet this is beyond me…

https://twitter.com/SUFCOfficial/status/1533758841804013568?t=RXC0GfmZ05-MJWx1w29E0w&s=19

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

It’s OK if you want a Sunday lunch or buy a season ticket.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe because they all ways do Deerey, wouldn’t want anyone moaning why haven’t they let us know this year would we?

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Fixtures are out 23rd June, the season starts as previously stated on August 6th, 2 weeks earlier than last season. The National League is not adjusting fixtures due to the world cup but will decide any fixture changes on a case by case basis.

The EFL is however starting earlier on 30th July with a break for Championship teams from 12th November and will resume on 12th December.

Leagues 1 and 2 will continue with fixtures through November and December as normal.

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

Wow. 4 posts on the website. Cant control my excitement. Dont really give a toss about Donny or Lincoln. Its clear we are crap at communicating both on and off the field.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Not exactly creating much buzz, excitement, feel-good factor to help sell these season tickets which apparently we are so desperate to shift.

I don’t care what other clubs are doing, I only care about SUFC and the future of our club.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s not quite true is it ferrite your last 2 posts were about Grimsby, very selective when it comes to be only concerned with Scunny.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

KB That was 4 in an hour and 5 all together in the day, why did you lie about the updates on the web page from the club? Of course your not bothered about other clubs and rightly so when our club do so well when it comes to the web page, don’t know whether I’ve mentioned it before but Scunny have put out more tweets than any other club in the world, so I do hope you will praise them in the future.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

That’s not quite true is it ferrite your last 2 posts were about Grimsby, very selective when it comes to be only concerned with Scunny.

You are presumably being deliberately daft?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

A friend of mine regularly posts on Facebook.

Which butcher he got his sausages from. Which stream the dog was playing in. The cost of diesel at the BP garage. What beer is on tap in his local.

Loads of posts but nothing of interest to anyone but himself.

How many of “the most tweets in the world” have any relevance to our current plight?

(Don’t use Twitter, so asking for a friend)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

None I would imagine NI does it matter? I thought that what bru was for, i don’t tweet myself.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Dale Park Junior Football Club put out more tweets then any other club in the world.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You are presumably being deliberately daft?

Deliberately pedantic I reckon. Seems to be an obsession.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.