Home Forums The Blast Furnace (Archive) IronBoot charges up the Prediction League.

• This topic is empty.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 143
    Replies: 3004

Well done IronBoot for your move to the top of the League today with your very nice 31 points, I am also very pleased with my 32 points, but you have raced to the top mate, I think that Sanfran was playing a bit too safe with his forcasts this week, but big movements see the lead close up a lot, Smudger is hanging in there and is difficult to catch.

Sanfran gave me a bit of stick before todays game, but 30 points have now been reduced to just 12 points ha ha!

Sanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 281
    Replies: 6266

IronBoot – well done, a superb display today.
    Don’t worry about Bartonscorpion.

Certainly is close and getting interesting.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10980

Some of us lay down our PL standings in return for an Iron win.

Don’t thank us, it’s what we do!

1 user thanked author for this post.

IronBoot
    Participant
    Topics: 90
    Replies: 3259

Like the Blades did to the Iron, I knocked Sanfran off his perch after he’s spent nearly all season there!

Been a very close season, some very high scoring weeks from everyone. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out – plenty more surprises await, no doubt.

Sanfran49
    Participant

Northumbiron – I realised your sacrifice.

IronBoot – I got to the top on two great weekends, fighting for every prediction since. Will be quite a few twists for sure.

This transfer window is going to be interesting for us all.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Northumb,

I do not think that superstition really have any effect on results pal, during the past few weeks you will probably have gained points by tipping Scunny not to win.

I think that the wet surfaces are having a bit of effect on Sanfran, these 5 furlongers usually like dry conditions and do not stay long in heavy ground.

I am just having a bit of crack, because he gives me it before home games, but it adds to the pleasure of things.

I am taking a big risk next week by going for three 1-1 draws in an attempt to get back into the race.

Sanfran49
    Participant

Now now Bartonscorpion tell the truth. I only defend myself WHEN verbally assaulted.

This transfer window is going to cause problems for us all, could boost some teams that previously have been bankers for wins or losses.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Sanfran yesterday was not defending yourself pal, I spotted a big grin on your face before climbing the steps to ROW F ha ha! this was because of my disasterous week last week, but after yesterday mate 12 points behind you is certainly better than 30, and my secret entry of three 1-1 draws next Saturday will be make or break week.

Regarding the transfer window, don’t you agree we badly need a right winger, although after saying that the bloody ball never gets played to the right wing when we kick towards the Donny Road end, but I felt sorry for Jordan yesterday, many times he shaped up for a run down the wing, but the midfield players just stopped in their tracks, turned and booted the ball towards the West Stand, I think that supporters must pay more to sit in that stand, I bet away left backs dream of playing Scunny, they can get rested up.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Results this week were very difficult to predict, but I am pleased with my 27 points which puts me only eight points from the top, after being 32 points behind a couple of weeks ago.

Alot can change over the coming weeks and there are only 15 points between top place and fifth spot, so a good week can make or break anyone.

Enjoy the up’s and down’s guys.

DON’T WRITE OFF THE SCORPION !!!!!!

Sanfran49
    Participant

You did well. You can’t write anyone off this season. 2 good prediction weeks and it can quickly change.

Just looked at latest totals. May I congratulate IRONITIS for the week before – 36pts, impressive. A couple of weeks like that and many could force their way into contention.

Sanfran49
    Participant

And todays star performer – Northumbiron. Well done to you. Getting tighter up there.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Yes, brilliant week from you NI, moved you up with that score.

This seasons Prediction League has been really good, and after all these weeks and fixtures only about 8 points are between top of the league and fifth place, so next week anyone can be top.

Northumbiron
    Participant

Ha ha, only because my “negativity” said put us down to lose!

Let down by ruddy Bradford, although to be fair my Bantam mate said I should always put them down for a draw.

Sanfran49
    Participant

Haha. But your negativity had a positive outcome eh !

Northumbiron
    Participant

You bet, and it works the other way round too!

bartonscorpion
    Participant

A very well done once again Northumbiron, your 32 points were well ahead of anyone and top of the class again after todays results. Just a couple of weeks ago I was 50 points ahead of you mate, now we are level on 616 points each aftyer my 3 point total!!

A very bad week for all of the leading bunch, and as we say, anyone can make up a lot of ground given a couple of good weeks.

Sanfran49
    Participant

My word it is getting interesting, that is for sure.

Northumbiron
    Participant

Should have stuck to pesssimism I’d have scored even more!

Sanfran49
    Participant

Northumbiron ?? whats going on !! another strong performance – well done.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

In another difficult week with forcasts, mostly low points scoring once again, but Northumiron seems to have hit a winning formula, once again top scoring with 21 points whilst the rest of us are strugling to make double figures, I am getting a bit fed up with saying this, but well done once again to NI, you have moved up the prediction league from about 15th place and 80 points adrift to now hold SECOND PLACE, just eight points from the leader.

We now have IronBoot, Northumiron and IroninmyBlood in the top three positions whilst we are now having difficulty trying to keep in touch ah ah!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Northumbiron
    Participant

I stuck to pessimism!

Sanfran49
    Participant

Well done Ironboot, Ironitis and Northumbiron. Little concerned SMUDGER seemed to have missed selecting – hope they are ok.

Going to be an interesting last 14 games.

BobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Topics: 297
    Replies: 3082

In another difficult week with forcasts, mostly low points scoring once again.

You’re not looking far enough the table down Mr Scorpion…

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Bobby,

I tend to just check the top six or seven mate, after watching and being bored to death after watching Scunny having just ONE SHOT ON TARGET, game after game, I hope that you do not want me to check all 26 punters in the league, I really would be a sad ba–$r? if that was the case.

Please forgive me for just checking the top six mate, Matt does a great job doing the full league.

IronBoot
    Participant
    Topics: 90
    Replies: 3259

I changed my MK Dons 0 – 1 Fleetwood to 1-2 in the minutes before the coach pulled up at Bramall Lane. Devastated.

Northumbiron
    Participant

I’d say it was very sporting of you old bean!

BobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Topics: 297
    Replies: 3082

I changed my MK Dons 0 – 1 Fleetwood to 1-2 in the minutes before the coach pulled up at Bramall Lane. Devastated.

Was it the Devil’s work IB? Be afraid, be very afraid👹.

Sanfran49
    Participant

Wow – Bartonscorpion one of those special days eh !

Well done, certainly getting tight at the top.

bartonscorpion
    Participant

Thanks Sanfran, yes very happy with my 36 points today mate, but I have developed a system where I get a very good week and follow it by scoring 4 or 6 points the next week, but just require a bit of luck same as anyone else, same as you say, very very close at the top and any one of the top probable 12 punters can still end up top.

It will be difficult ending the season in third place like last season, but really enjoying it fully, and only a handful of points between the top seven predictors.

See you on Tuesday night Sanfran.

Sanfran49
    Participant

Nice to see Smudger back, was concerned.

Well done Bartonscorpion looks like taken the lead. My allegiance to The Iron says I cannot back them to lose, looks like it cost me dear.

The forum ‘The Blast Furnace (Archive)’ is closed to new topics and replies.