Iron trust

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Iron trust

• Author
    SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

When the fans need a voice you can always count on the Iron trust, oh hang on a minute.

f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Poor from the Iron trust that.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

I do hope everyone who paid their tenner asked to be unsubscribed from their emailing list, (don’t know how you cancel a life membership) just like Turnbull not worth a w*** as they say.

Dan-UTIDan-UTI
    Participant
    Registered On: April 8, 2014
    Topics: 1

I do hope everyone who paid their tenner asked to be unsubscribed from their emailing list, (don’t know how you cancel a life membership) just like Turnbull not worth a w*** as they say.

I did exactly that on Friday in a reply to their email, calling them an embarrassment and letting them know that they should be ashamed to think they represent the fans. Absolute shambles of an organisation. Every single one of them should hang their heads.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Everything seems to be going from bad to worse.
    Are we becoming so inured to the situation that this is the new normal for SUFC supporters?

f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

I would be interested to know what working relationship they currently have with the club which they believe needs protecting.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    rightfootofameobirightfootofameobi
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 2

And I thought Turnbull’s statement was bad enough. I don’t expect them to condone the pitch invasion as such as technically it is a criminal offence but to use the words neutral and impartial in relation to Swann killing our club – hang your heads in shame Iron Trust. You don’t speak for me
    Swann out, by any means necessary

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I wish we had never joined the Iron Trust. A total waste of money as The Trust are a total waste of time. They never speak up for supporters and should feel ashamed.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I thought Turnbull’s statement was even worse, he suggested getting the police involved to go after the pitch invaders. Is that man for real ?

Turnbull’s a sell out and should be fecked right off if we’re bought, he should be nowhere near the club. In my opinion he’s no more than a Swannster lackey.

If I had my way I’d fire him from a cannon far, far away from the ground. Turnbull’s been the biggest disappointment, he’s an absolute the disgrace.

The trust is shite as well, all needs ripping up and starting again.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If the plan was to divide the opposition to the owner then it seems to be working.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

At least there should be someone inside and outside the ground now to vent people’s anger at, singing songs about Swanny seemed a bit pointless with him not being there.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

I am a member of the Iron Trust and I have made my opinion known to them.
    The time for sitting on the fence has gone and the action by the fans has created more publicity in 10 minutes about what’s happening to our Club than all the talk and lack of action by the Trust and also all the other supporters organisations have up to now.
    In my opinion and I have told the Trust that at the very least they should ballot their members about if the Trust should support protests.
    I have been a member of the Trust from the start but if they do not at least ballot the members on if they think the Trust should back the protests then they will get my resignation from being a member and my £60 a year.
    What action the Trust takes should not be up to 2 or 3 people !
    It’s time for the Trust to stop playing politics.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

£60 a year!!! It’s a tenner for life membership.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Same here.

I too have emailed them with my views.

Iron lion is correct, decisions should not be made by a couple of people.

However, instead of unsubscribing perhaps the Trust should regularly get a newsletter from each of us.

We are after all Scunthorpe UNITED!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

If the plan was to divide the opposition to the owner then it seems to be working.

Divided or not, everybody still hates Swannster !

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I did exactly that on Friday in a reply to their email, calling them an embarrassment and letting them know that they should be ashamed to think they represent the fans. Absolute shambles of an organisation. Every single one of them should hang their heads.

Cant disagree with any of that ..

Participant

Says it all, the Chairman, Tony Gosling, is a Labour Councillor. He’s just playing at politics with our Club. Wish we’d never joined. They’re not speaking up for supporters and our beloved Scunthorpe United. They should at the very least be calling an urgent meeting of Trust members and getting our views on this disastrous predicament of our Club and discussing what action members want to take. WITHOUT MEMBERS THE TRUST WILL BE DEAD!!!!!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

It’s time for the Trust to stop playing politics.

If it’s led by local politicians what do you expect?

Participant

There’s not an ounce of passion coming out from The Trust regarding saving our beloved Scunthorpe United.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The Trust are having a meeting with the club, LT, today. We can guess what will come out of that. It will be to discourage any further demonstrations against Swann. Anyone singing Swanny out could be arrested. “You supporters will all applaud Swann and what he is doing to your club, he is a good guy”. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I doubt that will be the outcome,fans are divided as to whether the protests do more harm than good .If the whole fan base is divided then it follows that the trust membership is. They definitely do not support Swann ,this is clearly an issue that they cannot win on
    I do find it funny that people who abused me no too long ago for warning about this outcome are now all over it moaning about people not protesting how the want them to.
    swann has stopped talking to the trust and frozen them out in the past and they have had a few run ins with him ,sometimes face to face, not shouting from a stadium terrace.
    Running around the pitch after the Horse has bolted won’t solve much but you have to admire the passion.
    people like awaywego seem to want to criticise anyone if it takes away from his support of “Swanny”

CMC CMC
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Never guess who came out and said people should be prosecuted for the pitch invasion, Neil Wright….that bloke is a complete and utter tit.

fans6464

I doubt he said that,
    I notice that the text above is not from the trust it’s a copy and paste . I’d say Olly Turner has just put the juicy bit to cause trouble and the bit about making a statement and opinion after meeting the club is left out .

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Pleased I never joined the “trust” I have never understood what their role is other than to flog merchandise on a matchday

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

I took the trouble to find out,

A the trust cannot condonme law breaking,so siding with pitch invasion is not an option.
    They also understand fans feeling so are not willing to demonise tham , it;s the devil and deep blue sea .I am just a member so can say I support protests .
    This Olly has clearly not told the whole tone of the conversation, but I bet he knows that the trust will be asking the club to tone down their rhetoric aimed at protesters ,but that doesn’t get you riled up to say that so he omitted it no doubt. I think he’s a shit stirrer probably after a job in a tabloid.
    His one tweet has done a lot of damage to the trust that is struggling to keep to it legal obligations while hating Swann.
    PS who got your precious corner opened? look what happened there

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Who’s Ho sone, is he a Chinese journalist?

fans6464

I suppose the ultimate Irony is that it was pressure from the Iron trust that got rid of the Robocop stewards and left us with the soft targets on minimum wage

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Since when as a protest being illegal, the club new it was happening and no conditions were applied to it by the police, there was no March as far as I am aware of so no need to inform the police. Absolutely no reason the trust to take a neutral position, in the About us section on the trust web page, it says they are there to offer an opinion when decisions are made being neutral is not an opinion.

fans6464

Nobody is saying protesting is illegal,running on a football pitch is.
    ,Olly has not written the full story ,he’s a t*** for that in my opinion

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I’ve spoken to John numerous times through the last 12 months and he clearly cares about the club so I’m not going on another witch hunt to drive people out the club. People need to take note of this.

But, it shouldn’t have reached the stage it has now and the supporters groups all need to shoulder Blame. I have previously asked John about the Trust helping to organise a protest last year before the Mansfield game and he admitted a protest should’ve probably been organised earlier and there was options to look at organising one if things deteriorated. Well they have significantly. We could have held a demonstration before a game, outside the group with no disruption to the game and still got some media attention. It would have also allowed older members or those not inclined to break the law and enter the field of play to make their voices heard.

As far as I’m concerned now, the gloves are off. The club is on its last legs and the more disruption the better now. The young lads on the pitch Saturday have brought more attention to our plight than any groups have these last few years.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.