Inept Government

Iron Bru Forums Non Football Inept Government

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘I’ve no idea what they’re referring to, ‘

I provided a link to wiki about it. Plenty of stuff about it on the internet. No excuse for not bothering to find out. It’s nothing to do with bullying either, it’s about making posters and viewers of this forum aware of the type of person they’re dealing with and sending a warning to anyone contemplating drifting in to that sort of language and rhetoric again that it won’t be tolerated. Thanks

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Indeed, at least one of them has made highly racist remarks, which the mods ignored while the others continue to support him and his views.’

One of them? Who are you referring to? What was said and when? Asking because I don’t recall any instance of this from your so called ‘usual suspects’. Thanks.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

On topic, Kwarteng was praising recent ‘successes’ delivered by a Conservative government, while accusing recent governments of slow decline, during his conference speech.

I just can’t get behind this snivelling two-facedness. When the previous governments were in power many Tories would defend against criticism, attack the integrity of anyone criticising, yet when they renew themselves they’re deriding what was once supported, and what was once morally suspect to even question.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

I was talking about LK’s comments, which I believe is what you were referring to, Deerey, not the issue. Regardless of that, you’ve supported one very abusive poster on here. Funny, too, that you don’t recall the racism to which I refer. Why should I be surprised. As I said, total hypocrisy.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Nothing funny or hypocritical about it at all. I’ll ask you again, which one of ‘them’ has made highly racist remarks which the mods ignored while the others continue to support him and his views? Not only that ‘at least one of them’ implies there may be more than one. No rush. I’m not going anywhere. In your own time. Who, when, what?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

BS had a good going at being racist a long while back regarding Diane Abbot.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I have no idea as to the racist comment Bucks is referring to.

It really should not need to be said, but I have abhorred the left wing racism for a while. The sort of thing which got Rupa Huq suspended, the anti-Semitism which plagued the party for years, and I am still unsure if it has been fully rooted out by Starmer. I didn’t vote Labour in 2019, largely because of it.

So, yes, please call me a hypocrite if responding to me, and say that it’s convenient, Bucks. It would show you as being tribal in nature, because I can show that I call out racism from all sides.

I am sorry if this is blowing my own trumpet, but given you cast doubt on anyone remotely to the left of you as having principles, and I fear you might try and slander me, I think it is needed to be said for my own pre-emptive defence.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Sorry if this is coming across as pedantic but I genuinely have no idea who he’s claiming has made these ‘highly racist comments’ or roughly when it might have been. It bothers me that it may have been made up and I’d like to know the truth.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Buck’s make something up? The very thought of it, outrageous. 🙄

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Going well:

Must be the undercover Marxists in the Tories, like Michael Gove, Esther McVey and Grant Shapps, being saboteurs!

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant

One particular poster on here made anti semitic remarks, which might have been acceptable in the Labour party at the time but, thank goodness, would certainly not be acceptable now; and full-marks to Starmer for taking a stand on this. It’s called zero tolerance for a reason.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Anti semitic remarks are intolerable racism. No poster on this forum has uttered either anti semitic remarks / ‘highly racist comments’ you claim. I recall a discussion around the topic of anti semitism in the Labour Party, which you were involved with but I repeat, no poster in your ‘usual suspects’ made ‘highly racist’ comments about it. The fact you appear to not want to name the poster already indicates you’re on rocky ground. I’d suggest you’re exaggerating.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“One particular poster on here made anti semitic remarks”.

Which poster and what were the remarks (noted as plural)?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

He’s blown it as per norm.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

He doesn’t seem to have proof

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

It’s logical though.

Apparently anti-Semitism is a Labour thing. So anyone disagreeing with him or berating the Tories must be a Labour voter and therefore anti-Semitic.

Simples!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Labour has had a problem with a certain brand of anti-Semitism, often disguised as anti-Zionism, for some time now. The sort of thing which has led Roger Waters to declare that British and American Jews are responsible for Israel’s actions. Obviously this has nothing to do with Labour, but it’s the sort of thing which was too readily dismissed before in Labour.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It also doesn’t justify him claiming at least one of ‘them’ has made ‘highly racist’ comments in the past when we know that not to be true. Let’s set the record straight for anyone viewing this forum who thinks it may be true.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant

It’s absolutely true, Deerey, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least that you claim otherwise. A number of posts moved and disappeared mysteriously in the past, which I raised at the time, obviously to be completely ignored.

NI, what a crass comment. Some of the comments made on this board have been deeply anti semitic. The truth is that it had one rule for some and different rules for others. Hopefully that’s changed — I certainly hope so.

Zero tolerance means zero tolerance.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I think it would help your case if you bring in specific details. From the outside, lack of awareness of what you’re referring to is a valid position to hold, and isn’t ‘convenient’.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Yes Buck’s that is the only way, provide your evidence of stay quiet.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant

“Lack of awareness”?! Selective memory more like.

As for ‘evidence’, what a joke. The old board was like the Stasi, with comments mysteriously disappearing according to the mods’ whim. With hindsight I should have copied the offending comments as soon as they appeared but, seriously, why should that have been necessary?

People can make up their own minds about the facts behind this. If they choose not to believe me, that’s up to them. Ultimately, I just hope things have changed and that the anti-Semitic comments which used to be made on here are very much a thing of the past.

Again, zero tolerance means zero tolerance.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

At least this stops us talking about our Inept government,.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I have zero idea as to what the comment was which you are referring to; no-one can, because you have brought no evidence. It goes without saying that anti-Semitism is appalling, but I (and others) cannot call it out or show themselves to be hypocrites without anything to go on.

The only joke is that you have resorted to snide comments aimed at my comment because I have asked what this was and I am not going off assertions. This is what I meant by me interpreting you as being unable to take criticism, and seeing yourself as above everyone else. Any kind of disagreement is automatically rejected, because we don’t inherently agree with you.

You expect me to take you at your own word, and if not you dismiss and resort to such snide behaviour. I have not insulted you with that comment, I have not abused you, yet you have acted in a manner which is to treat me as duplicitous and not asking in good faith. Yet you would complain if I reacted.

I can very well believe someone on the left made an anti-Semitic comment, but I can’t condemn anything if I have no sodding clue as to what it was. Racism is a serious charge and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘The old board was like the Stasi’

Guess you never lived in East Germany during the Stasi’s day then if that’s what you think. Exaggeration or not, the old board, new board is not like the Stasi, in any shape or form.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘People can make up their own minds about the facts behind this. If they choose not to believe me, that’s up to them.’

Yes, they can. I’ve told you I absolutely and genuinely cannot recall ‘highly racist’ comments ‘from at least one of “them”‘ but do recall some posts around antisemitism in the Labour Party. You are out of order insinuating what you do but it appears you’re not going to admit you’ve made it up so I suppose we’ll have to leave it there. Just a note of caution though, don’t be under the illusion you’ve convinced anyone about this, particularly given your track record of getting things wrong. Thanks.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant

Ah, right, Deerey, you do recall some posts around anti-Semitism in the Labour party. Well, I can recall rather more than that, including one post in particular that questioned whether my opinions might be down to having Jewish friends or relatives, all in the context that being Jewish or having Jewish friends was, according to this individual, unacceptable.

However, unlike you, of course, I’m just a normal human who gets things wrong. Obviously you never do. So why would anyone believe me.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Thank-you for finally giving me something to go on. I don’t know the full context, but it definitely sounds dodgy enough for my liking.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Well it would be if it were true. Siderite, I assume you were around at that time under the poster name ‘Bloodyrubbishiron’ (unless I’m mistaken?). Do you recall this instance? NI, I-A, 64 and Gurnelista, ring any bells? Sorry Bucks, but I’m just not buying that any poster you refer to as ‘them’ would have said that. Unless I missed it but I honestly don’t think so. And please don’t start with the ‘you never get anything wrong’ ‘Saint Deerey’ crap you used to come out with. If you may have misinterpreted what was actually said in order to smear other posters just admit it man!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘all in the context that being Jewish or having Jewish friends was, according to this individual, unacceptable.’

Just reading that again. Shocking. Surely not from any of your ‘usual suspects’??

• The topic ‘Inept Government’ is closed to new replies.