Inept Government

Iron Bru Forums Non Football Inept Government

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

‘Oh, and the Tories love nothing more than a Labour party that thinks it’s already won the next election.’.

Nope, you’ve been corrected on that a day a two ago. It really doesn’t think it’s won anything. You can keep saying it as much as you like. It’s just one in a long line of fabrications and untruths.

Meanwhile the Labour party are loving the Tories doubling down on what has been unpopular for their electoral chances.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“it’s herd immunity that’s brought the pandemic to a halt, supported by excellent vaccines”.

Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious. We thickos would be all lost without your wisdom.

You forgot to state that you were rabbiting on about herd immunity BEFORE the first lockdown, which saved thousands of lives, and well BEFORE any vaccine.

You were wrong.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

…..again.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Are the Tories ever right about anything? No wonder they’re so far behind in opinion polls. It would be funny if they weren’t causing so much misery for millions.

HeathHeath
    Participant

Brexit, low growth, crops destroyed, inflation, massive drop in exports to the EU, increased cost on imports, labour shortages, queues to leave the country, prime ministers that are a laughing stock, worst ever relations with the US, no control over the borders, restrictions on freedom of travel and much more rather than less so called red tape.

And now that we have a right wing Brexit Government of Truss, Kwasi, Re-smog, Bone, Redwood, Braveman, we see their true motives for Brexit. Reduce taxes for the rich, remove restrictions on bankers and hedge fund managers, cuts to benefits, scrapping of environmental and planning laws and higher mortgages.

2 weeks of Government and they have crashed the economy, made us a laughing stock, got rebukes from foreign leaders and bodies like the IMF and a leader who can’t string a sentence together.

Still got lots of German cars haven’t we.

I’m sure Bucks will be able to tell us all the benefits. Still waiting for one.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

If you dump your biggest trading partner with who you enjoyed privileged deals based on the rules and can’t cut a deal in the foreseeable future with your next major trading partner, well I would suggest you are pretty much fu***d.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

Poor old BI. The old ideological zealot has still got that blue scarf tied tightly, despite the country being fked sideways by plummeting wages, soaring inflation, poverty, hunger, foodbanks, homelessness, a collapsing NHS, under-resourced rescue services, overflowing sewage, and as if that weren’t enough, now we have skyrocketing energy prices and the return of polio.

But, never mind blaming the EU, Brussels, the Russians, the Chinese, Covid, the immigrants, lazy British workers… Bin Laden and his terrorist cells have inflicted less harm on the UK than this so-called ‘government’.

So, has BI learnt a lesson and decided never to support them again? He was of course wrong about the “very good deal” with the EU, and how Brussels would cave in over everything because “they need us more than we need them” etc. etc. Oh, and then there were comments about Trump being a good pm, and the laughably wrong comments denying climate change. Remember that guy whose ‘research’ he mentioned, whose website was a total fabrication? How we laughed!

Disingenuity has become his trademark over the years. So what of his latest act? Incredibly, he tries to gaslight others into thinking that the current crises are all down to… wait for it… drumroll…… Johnson’s pursuit of net-zero!! (cue more hysterical laughter!)

But, should anyone be in any doubt, here’s a good piece not funded by the Downing St, or any shady think-tank based at 55 Tufton St. It explains how net zero means warmer homes, cleaner, healthier lives, and more jobs (especially around Yorks and Humber), while dismissing the bluster of ex-kippers and far-right Tories who want to cut back on environmental protection due to both the financial cost and – incredibly – its usefulness as some kind of weapon in ‘war on woke’. This is the rock bottom to where the Tories and people like BI have got us in 2022.

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/how-is-the-cost-of-living-crisis-affecting-net-zero-policies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/55_Tufton_Street

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t mention 55 Tufton Street, it makes the poor lad very sleepy.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Kwasi mate, Liz so fearless, thanks for seeing it through and sticking to your guns. 😂😂😂

HeathHeath
    Participant

If that’s the only concession and they keep their jobs, they have got off very lightly. Still left with a very dangerous and dimwit PM. Their “growth” plan will be full off deregulation and cuts to public spending.

Bucks wrong again!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Quick, new brief guys! No need to nastily lay in to hard working doctors and consultants!’

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Train drivers and doctors should be lambasted for the money they earn, but complain about a tax cut for the rich and it’s the ‘politics of envy’ for many Tories.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

What a lame excuse for a post Lord Kitchener. Who gives a toss what you think of past and present Labour Party leaders? This in particular:

‘Now we are blessed with the presence of another leader of the opposition, one Keir Starmer. I haven’t had the chance to analyse this one. A career politician, but almost anonymous, insomuch as nobody had ever heard of him. Judging by what I have seen of him so far, I think he is labour’s version of Theresa May, only more of an old woman.’

What you mean is, you’d never heard of him. I’m sure the earth will move when you provide your expert analysis of his credentials but no doubt it would be just be an opportunity to find faults with him like you have with the previous. You admit to knowing nothing about him but claim he’s a ‘career politician’? Yes, clearly you know nothing about him.

I know you’d prefer a Party in power that was more akin to the BNP or the NF based on your previous racist views on here and gushing praise of Big Job, Boris, Trump and Farage, so your criticism of Labour Party leaders seems hollow. What do you want from a Pary leader? Bit more Trump, Farage, Moseley, Griffin?

I’m just as entitled to post my opinion than anyone else on here, the fact that you don’t like it is not a good enough excuse to make a bunch of ridiculous accusations.

But let me make myself clear…

In my post I indicated that I don’t trust politicians. I gave reasons why I distrust both Conservative and Labour leaders past and present. As for the ‘National Front, the BNP, Mosely and Griffin. I wouldn’t piss on any of them if they were on fire. Yes I’m right of centre, and yes I admire Nigel Farage, but that doesn’t make me a Nazi.

That is all you are getting out of me on this, because I am not allowing you to occupy any more space in my head, ok?

Thank you, LK.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Couldn’t give a toss whether you post anything else on the matter but I’ll remind posters why my accusation isn’t ridiculous at all. You frequently supported the worst racist / bigot this forum has ever had, Big J. Along with Alcazar’s disinformation / conspiracy theorists posts, Big J was the reason the non-football forum had to be closed down. In fact, when Big J declared he was leaving you implored him / her to stay citing the ’14 Words’ as one thing you truly believe in. Here’s what that’s about, for anybody who’s forgot or who is not acquainted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

If it was up to me, you’d have been barred for life for sharing that hate, but it’s not, so here you are. My other points about alternative leaders were questions not accusations, and fair ones I believe; Nick Griffin is quoted in the wiki piece as being a fan of the 14 Words. I haven’t once called you a Nazi either.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Topics: 16

It’s just the same old people coming out with the same old stuff, LK. Delighted to see that Gurny’s joined the conversation. Always much more fun when he’s involved. He’s even come out with the ‘Hitler’ comparisons in the past, which is a sure-fire way of knowing he’s lost the argument. Of course, he’ll never admit it. You’d think the guy might try a different approach but he doesn’t appear to have one. Just attack the individual and hope something sticks, which is rather pathetic.

Also, LK, remember that it’s only the left whose opinions matter. Anyone else isn’t entitled to them. Just look at how the likes of Jacinda Ardern claim that comments doubting the voracity of climate change are ‘dangerous rhetoric’.

Then you get comments such as “trashed the economy”, which is just not true. But, then again, truth doesn’t appear to be in these people’s vocabulary. They’re not interested in reality but will try every trick in the book to try to make it look as though you’re the one not being realistic. It always makes me smile.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

So Bucks, you’re happy for a poster to support Big J and happy for them to promote the ’14 Words’ on here are you? Or is it convenient for you to just ignore or forget about that disgusting period on here? Bravo 👏👏

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Buck’s you appear to be struggling again, the last few months as a Tory must have been particularly difficult for you, not easy when your heroes are exposed for what they really are.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And I await your reasoned response to my questions posed to you above Bucks. Thanks.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Can’t see him being remotely interested DM, could be a long wait.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I do find some amusement in Bucks speaking of opinions based in reality, in a week when he’s disparaged any criticism as being void because of political identity or because he knows best, as if his opinions are above reproach.

I don’t mean this to be an insult, but it is becoming increasingly hard to disagree with any of his points, because if so I’d get labelled as a ‘usual suspect’ or duplicitous.

The Corbynisation of the Tories continues on the whole. All and sundry who disagree with the economic approach are left wing, including the IMF. Tories who disagree are evil left wingers*. There is no such thing as disagreement in good faith. Only their way is righteous and pure, anyone who disagrees is suspect.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I can see how Deerey’s objection to LK could be seen negatively by Bucks. However, DeereyMe is right to point out that his negative opinion of LK comes from the Big J episode.

LK has put forward some good points before, and while I do disagree with a lot, it’s good to have those who put forward another angle. The Big J stuff was below the belt though, so it’s a shame that got popularity from some quarters.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It was more than ‘below the belt’, it was daily disgusting racist, misogynist and bigoted posts and continued for far too long. It brought this forum in to disrepute and encouraged others to show their true colours; colours that have no place here or in modern society. Frequently, the language and rhetoric was appalling. It can’t be allowed to happen again.

Participant

It’s just the same old people coming out with the same old stuff, LK. Delighted to see that Gurny’s joined the conversation. Always much more fun when he’s involved. He’s even come out with the ‘Hitler’ comparisons in the past, which is a sure-fire way of knowing he’s lost the argument. Of course, he’ll never admit it. You’d think the guy might try a different approach but he doesn’t appear to have one. Just attack the individual and hope something sticks, which is rather pathetic.

Also, LK, remember that it’s only the left whose opinions matter. Anyone else isn’t entitled to them. Just look at how the likes of Jacinda Ardern claim that comments doubting the voracity of climate change are ‘dangerous rhetoric’.

Then you get comments such as “trashed the economy”, which is just not true. But, then again, truth doesn’t appear to be in these people’s vocabulary. They’re not interested in reality but will try every trick in the book to try to make it look as though you’re the one not being realistic. It always makes me smile.

It would appear that because I encouraged someone to stay and fight his corner, without knowing very much about him except a few mad posts. Oh and because I mentioned fourteen words, I must be a supporter or member of the ‘far right.’

Well I remember a time when many left of centre types would refer to Maggie Thatcher as a fascist. Under those auspices then whatever. As for those fourteen words, I happened upon them many years ago when I joined a Yahoo Club I had found on the internet. I asked the moddie what it meant and he was happy to tell me. The club didn’t last long as Yahoo banned it. But it was a couple of years before I mentioned those words again and was told about David Lane. A white nationalist (neo Nazi) bank robber who died in prison. I decided that I didn’t like him, or anything he wrote other than those fourteen words, (We Must Secure The Existence Of Our People And A Future For White Children). I know that this is like a red flag to all leftists, which is why I like to wave it at them on the very odd occasion. But that does not mean I support the NF or the BNP. I most certainly do not, and I had forgotten all about BJ, who I was told at the time was the parody account of, I think someone said Sad Apple?

Anyway I refuse to allow leftist PC drones to occupy rent free space in my head, which is why I’m answering your message directly.

Cheers dude, Up The Iron.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Politics to own the libs is so tiresome. There is good reason why leftists or anyone appalled by the far right raise concerns about rhetoric from far-right sources.

Oh, and I don’t like far-left rhetoric either, so it’s not a matter of one sidedness and I don’t think it’s just the left who can be blinded to the problems from their own side.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It was more than ‘below the belt’, it was daily disgusting racist, misogynist and bigoted posts and continued for far too long. It brought this forum in to disrepute and encouraged others to show their true colours; colours that have no place here or in modern society. Frequently, the language and rhetoric was appalling. It can’t be allowed to happen again.

I don’t disagree with that.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Wtf is a ‘PC drone’? Is it someone who doesn’t try and keep minorities and women down?

Participant

The left love to accuse the right of being a bunch of evil fascists, the right love to accuse the left of being a bunch of evil communists.

I have just been listening to a documentary about the affect space can have on humans. So I came up with a question.

A conspiracy theorist approached Buzz Aldrin and asked him to swear on the holy bible that he had been to the moon. Buzz twatted him right on the jaw.

So who was in the wrong? The conspiracy theorist, who literally didn’t know better. Or Buzz who literally did?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

One problem. 14 words is literally a fascist statement, so can be accurately labelled as far-right. It’s not because of over-labelling of fascism, in this instance.

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Topics: 16

I’ve no idea what they’re referring to, LK. It’s very possible that I wouldn’t agree with whatever it was you posted. That aside, I’ve simply pointed out how the ‘usual suspects’ operate and bully others on here. They are very far from perfect themselves and some of the comments from them have been as bad as anything ever seen on this board, racist or otherwise. Indeed, at least one of them has made highly racist remarks, which the mods ignored while the others continue to support him and his views.

Total hypocrisy are two words that spring to mind.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I try to be reasoned, and out comes the usual suspects drivel. Yawn.

• The topic ‘Inept Government’ is closed to new replies.