fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

No panic ,if you do it too often you get banned, it’s easy for us

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I saw it and you are correct in your assumption, IA.

In fairness, I left the moderators with little choice when I asked MK IRON to clarify which surname the Ilkeston fans were happy with. Rest assured there’s no need for 64 to panic, he’s in safe hands with me.

I called him David Hilton and they all seemed to know who I meant.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Yes Deerey it is negative thought all you who was happy with a phoenix club I thought everyone understood that we’d needed a ground to play on, it’ll be down to everyone to keep the club going in whatever way they can, no one said it would be easy.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Pretty sure I’ve never suggested I’d be happy with a phoenix club, in such a black and white, either or, sense. If it became the only option, of course I’d back it. Not really sure what your point is tbh. Of course we need a ground whatever form the club is in, and of course it needs the support of fans. The probability of lower gates groundsharing is extremely high, whether you, I or anybody else expects more.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

I’ve not witnessed anyone on here that would rather we become a phoenix club, I certainly don’t want that outcome although if I’m honest I think that’s what will eventually happen.
    I can’t possibly see a judge ruling in favour of Mr Loophole and anyone who thinks there’ll be a new stadium on Glebe road in less than 2 years is deluded.
    Wether Swann can be convinced to rent GP to the club whilst he tries to sell it once he’s regained possession would be beneficial to both sides, but I don’t see that happening either.
    To ground share would be disastrous to the club, nearly 1400 season ticket holders wouldn’t all be able to travel and non season ticket holders wouldn’t go out of their way to either.
    Smaller gates and renting of an alternative stadium wouldn’t be financially viable leading to the inevitable walking away of Mr Loophole.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

The police, fire and ambulance have a say don’t they,? Not to mention the local licensing authority of whatever town?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I certainly dont want this to end with a Phoenix club akin to Macc town and Bury and any other option would be better …alas ground sharing would decimate the club mainly for the financial reasons already mentioned.
    Im hoping a deal can be done between Swan n DH (or the courts) for us to stay at GP..the dream of a new ground in 2 years is that just a dream and sheer folly to think otherwise.

I despise Swan for what he has done to the club at the same time wary of DH u turns and the future but its the hand weve been dealt so lets see if its jackpot or bust… folding isnt an option but a distinct possibility if DH walks away

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

I’ve not witnessed anyone on here that would rather we become a phoenix club, I certainly don’t want that outcome although if I’m honest I think that’s what will eventually happen.
    I can’t possibly see a judge ruling in favour of Mr Loophole and anyone who thinks there’ll be a new stadium on Glebe road in less than 2 years is deluded.
    Wether Swann can be convinced to rent GP to the club whilst he tries to sell it once he’s regained possession would be beneficial to both sides, but I don’t see that happening either.
    To ground share would be disastrous to the club, nearly 1400 season ticket holders wouldn’t all be able to travel and non season ticket holders wouldn’t go out of their way to either.
    Smaller gates and renting of an alternative stadium wouldn’t be financially viable leading to the inevitable walking away of Mr Loophole.

“Once he has regained possession”? I believe he still owns the ground doesn’t he?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Are you just another Interested Bystander by any chance?

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

“Once he has regained possession”? I believe he still owns the ground doesn’t he?

Please tell me this isn’t a serious question?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Just on one thread NLI, Sharp shooter and AA wanted a phoenix club and I know there were others on other threads, you maybe say that’s not many but there’s not that many of us who post on here anyway.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Is this an opportunity for IB or Ruuger to infiltrate the holy land GP ??

Check for listening / recording devices ..this bunny will self destruct in 10 9 8 7

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/july/vacancy-club-mascot/

I notice no salary mentioned for the lucky big eared winner.

My prediction re sponsoring GP bog seats still stands

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Bunny’s don’t need money IFA give em a few carrots and they’ll be happy, and with Hunny bunny to go at as well he won’t need money, Ps I do hope the position will only open to males, deleted the last bit don’t want to get into trouble lol.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I don’t think people always realise how important the force of habit is for keeping people going to games. Break that and you will soon see a drop-off. Fans are creatures of habit, their routines are important, whether it’s where they drink pre- or post-match, where they park, when they head out to the game. Change that and you can easily see people find other ways to spend their Saturdays.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

I don’t think people always realise how important the force of habit is for keeping people going to games. Break that and you will soon see a drop-off. Fans are creatures of habit, their routines are important, whether it’s where they drink pre- or post-match, where they park, when they head out to the game. Change that and you can easily see people find other ways to spend their Saturdays.

Absolutely … bang nail on the head ferrite .. playing anywhere else other than GP (until the new 12k stadium is opened in 2 years 55555) would destroy the fan base and the club.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Seen Ilkeston have parted ways with Jamie ward (manager). Seems to have a done a good job.

Ilkeston fans are voicing concerns with the running of the club

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Did Patrick’s lad give him the boot 🤔

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Seen Ilkeston have parted ways with Jamie ward (manager). Seems to have a done a good job.

Ilkeston fans are voicing concerns with the running of the club

Mark Duffy, a journalist who served at the club for the best part of 18 years as a volunteer left earlier this month. Perhaps not what he said…

Participant

I actually spoke to Mark briefly when Hilton first took over. He had nothing but good things to say in regards to Hilton’s time at Ilkeston. The only shadow cast was the ground development plans being shelved for a couple of reasons.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023

Jamie ward left the club with mutual consent, nothing sinister, left on good terms, great atmosphere in the clubhouse tonight after the game, even though we lost, no fans showing any concern about how the club is being run, every one here happy about everything, we are not a club at war with each other, we are like one big family.
    And I predict there will be a queue of people wanting the managers job, sorry to disappoint anyone who would have liked to hear negativity concerning our club…sorry but it doesn’t exist here.

Participant

I don’t believe any Scunthorpe fans would wish ill feeling towards Ilkeston, Patrick. Probably the opposite in fact.

It was noticeable a few of your supporters were concerned on social media though.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I’m sure the Ilkeston fans who were concerned weren’t proper fans anyway, I’m sure Patrick will confirm that 🤣

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

All concerned fans meet once a year in a telephone box up the road near the ground, anyone wishing to join them just pop along, there will be plenty of space….

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Loosely translated to ‘my son’s the owner and if I see anything on social media that might disparage him, I’ll be all over it like a rash’. Hey, I’m a parent too parent too Pat, needs must 🤣

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

Bang right there Deereyme, behind him 100%, things change, decisions have to be made, and we are not a revolving door with people who do have interaction with our club.
    Pleased to say people who do leave are respected by the fans and tomorrow’s another day.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

….and then everyone woke up and realised it had all been a bad dream after all.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe Duffy is Ilkeston’s Max Bell the only difference he seems to be well liked.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Rather disingenuous there Awaywego.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

🎣

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.