Ilkeston

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ilkeston

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

They have took to vetting so no tom, dick or Swann can get on though.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Hilton chooses Facebook to either admit or deny any rumours and knows he can’t fail as the vast majority are gullible and are members of the cult of Dave.
    However despite repeated requests from Humberside and Lincolnshire radio stations he refuses to be interviewed.
    The question is why, what has he to hide?
    A sports reporter on our local radio station asks difficult questions and has an uncanny way of getting to the truth, Hilton won’t speak to him whilst being recorded, why is that?

You know as well as I do that people like Hilton choose their battles and audience wisely. For anyone with an ounce of intelligence it is easy to pull apart and challenge what is being said.

I think it was you who said that Hilton shouldn’t be allowed to post on here, I disagree. As the saviour of Ilkeston and Scunthorpe, his story is worthy of a national platform. He’s been far too quiet since getting involved in football.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

By Hilton is getting plenty of platitudes on here from usually hostile posters, one from Snot and now IB telling us he chooses his battles and audience’s wisely exactly what you want from an owner.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

They have took to vetting so no tom, dick or Swann can get on though.

Bit over zealous with that vetting – saw a hilarious welcome thread to one new member with their new mod banging on about someone with fake accounts 🤣. A bit Stasi-like

Participant

By Hilton is getting plenty of platitudes on here from usually hostile posters, one from Snot and now IB telling us he chooses his battles and audience’s wisely exactly what you want from an owner.

So you take comfort from the fact that Hilton chooses to communicate via a Facebook group that has some strange members instead of being interviewed by a professional journalist on a local radio station? I wouldn’t be taking comfort like you, I would be asking, why?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Choosing which media he engages with and ignoring the mainstream media.

Who does he think he is? A Tory Prime Minister?

Just for info our last Chairman banned the local paper for years.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

David Burns certainly wanted to interview Hilton before his forced retirement , everyday he seemed to be inviting him on . Assuming Hilton did not hear the plea ,or did not want to go on The Burns show.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You must have conveniently missed the bit where I said we told Hilton that we didn’t think he should do social media at all IB so I take no comfort that he’s on there but I didn’t and can’t demand he gets off unlike you demanding he speaks to
    local radio the next clown won’t be happy with that and demand he goes on national radio, what did he say to you when you spoke to him? Chance to introduce yourself to him tonight again if you haven’t met him and ask him YOUR questions.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

More chance of the world exploding than him turning up at a match and asking Hilton to his face anything he has concerns about?…. but why not?. Others have, and been no problems…

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Obviously Humberside Sport keep an eye on Bru. No mentions for the Iron for weeks and all of a sudden we have a preview of tonight’s Gainsborough friendly.

Glad they have realised we are still here.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

Difference between IB and this Patrick character is IB has only one target and that’s Hilton, whilst Hilton best mates dad attacks anyone on this forum who dares to question Hilton, describing them as the “usual suspects” and “not true fans”, a bit of advice pal, stick to licking the back sides of anyone who doesn’t question Hilton’s motives for being at the club.
    FYI, I’ve supported the club for just short of 60 years, I’m a shareholder and have been for 40 years, I’ve followed them home and away for years.
    It doesn’t make me less or more of a fan than anyone else, it does however allow me an opinion on what is happening at the club I’ve supported since childhood.
    As for Hilton, yes I have conversations with him on more than one occasion, do I trust him?
    The answer to that question is, I’m sceptical and I’m unsure as to his motives for being here.
    Why would a businessman who has no links to the town or the club want to invest £millions in a club that’s losing £millions unless there’s something in it for him?
    That’s the question you all should be asking.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Difference between IB and this Patrick character is IB has only one target and that’s Hilton, whilst Hilton best mates dad attacks anyone on this forum who dares to question Hilton, describing them as the “usual suspects” and “not true fans”, a bit of advice pal, stick to licking the back sides of anyone who doesn’t question Hilton’s motives for being at the club.
    FYI, I’ve supported the club for just short of 60 years, I’m a shareholder and have been for 40 years, I’ve followed them home and away for years.
    It doesn’t make me less or more of a fan than anyone else, it does however allow me an opinion on what is happening at the club I’ve supported since childhood.

You obviously can’t be bought for a cheeseburger SUFC-NOT.

33 for me but I’m done now if I’m honest, David Hilton coming out and speaking to the Mirror is what we wanted and he’s made me feel a lot better about things. but he still employs the pub team manager who will fail miserably.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

S N O T
    I do not disagree with most of what you say, you are obviously a good lifelong supporter of the club, well done with that.
    What I don’t agree with you is how this guy was/is allowed to proceed with his persnal agenda, using Scunthorpe United as his medium to spout his abuse and allegations, it was blatenly obvious from day one that he could not give a toss if it destabilised your club(or closed it), it would not have happened at Ilkeston, he would have been off loaded very quickly.
    Yes of course you are entitled to wonder why Hilton brought the club, I wonder why Abramovich brought Chelsea, and the Arabs brought Newcastle?.. the difference is I can not get the chance to ask them?,(not that I actually care) whereas you have had that chance according to your post.
    My son at Ilkeston gets asked almost daily about the club, most of it is positive, sometimes negative, but never abusive, he explains things the best he can, whether it be signings, forward planning,etc and although not always the answers wanted, nobody goes onto social media to air grievances either way.
    Here at Scunthorpe social media is a very prominent part of the club, which in my opinion is not always a good thing, mainly because negative issues seem to occupy far more posts than positive ones.
    To me, it seems that Whatever Hilton does, or doesn’t do, is praised,or criticised, by one half of the supporters or the other half!…. you must admit that can be very tedious for anyone, when it is endless don’t you think ?…
    I know personally he spend a lot of time and effort trying to get through all the issues, and it can not be forgotten he has a missus and three young kids, that would be a lot for most people,me certainly, never mind trying to sort the mess at Scunthorpe without some guy pushing negative posts daily we have all seen more times than the wife recently.
    Best wishes
    Patrick

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Patrick0811
    I must say the most tedious thing on here at the moment is your ramblings about Ilkeston Town. Not to be disrespectful but we are Scunthorpe United FC not Ilkeston Town. We are no way connected with Ilkeston and this is getting very tedious.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

And slightly patronising!

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant

No connection to Ilkeston?… if it wasn’t for the fact the Ilkeston town Chairman saved your club there wouldn’t be a Scunthorpe Utd!!!
    Think I will log out here for a good while and avoid silly comments like yours.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Hate to be pedantic, but no one has saved us!

At least not until this legal battle has been sorted out.

Participant

Think I will log out here for a good while and avoid silly comments like yours.

He came out with that line a couple of days ago and within 24 hours was back with his patronising drivel about how Mr Loophole has saved us.
    He hasn’t saved us yet, the club has no assets, we’re squatting in what was our home and the likelihood is we’ll be evicted in the near future.
    That aside, I couldn’t give a monkeys chuff about Ilkeston or the interaction his son has with its supporters.
    This is a forum for Scunthorpe United.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If I never hear about effin Ilkeston Town FC again, my life will have improved significantly.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Good point Sufc_not_on_tour, we are still deeply in the excrement.
    I’m glad Patrick looked after Awaywego and MK and he’s obviously keen to extend hospitality at GP at some future game and clearly has authority from DH to make such kind gestures. With everything that has happened the 2 clubs and their respective fans should have a good relationship, and friendly links.
    Whatever anyone may think about IB and his, or her, motives it is apparent that Patrick and one or two others would like to see the back of IB and that worries me as much as anything.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And there has been no abuse of Hilton by IB as previously stated by Pat. Opinions are fine, but abuse from IB, there hasn’t been.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m guessing IB’s recently removed post was more to do with libel then abuse as I haven’t seen it?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I saw it and you are correct in your assumption, IA.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Neither does Hilton receive ‘abuse and insults’ on here from anyone ‘on a daily basis’, as previously mentioned.

Participant

Neither does Hilton receive ‘abuse and insults’ on here from anyone ‘on a daily basis’, as previously mentioned.

I’ve never seen any abuse of Hilton on the forum as suggested by Patrick Nally.
    I’ve only ever stated that I’m sceptical, after the antics of the last owner I’ve an absolute right to.
    When this owner proves himself then I’ll back him.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Of course Hilton’s saved us he’s got the club off Swann and that’s all that matters, lots of you preferred a phoenix club anyway especially NLI so if Hilton fails to get glanny park we don’t have to drop right down the leagues like Macc and Bury we just need to find a new ground. That’s got to be a winner surely.Id rather play at ilkeston than Gainsborough food far superior long queue and wait,chips looked fantastic but we’re pretty shite, gravy tasteless sausage undercooked run out of the chicken curry and burgers way before halftime and if we wanted a pie a twenty minute wait the only thing going for the kiosk we used was the big girl serving and I don’t mean weight wise,

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Of course???

Are you the judge in the Swann vs Hilton case?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I don’t think some realise how financially disastrous a groundshare would be, especially as attendances will lower. Alongside that, it will be for an indefinite amount of time, because the clock is already ticking on the new ground in 2 years and we’re not even close to planning permission stages, seemingly.

Let’s not forget that a groundshare needs to be approved by the league and club, and that’s not a gurantee at present.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘he’s got the club off Swann and that’s all that matters’

Well no, it’s not all that matters for many supporters. I agree, it’s better than re-booting as a phoenix club lower down tiers. For now. Let’s see what happens regarding the stadium and land and the club being sustainable this season first. Because if we’re evicted from GP, I fail to see how the club can stay afloat playing home games elsewhere, unless by some miracle gates reach the groundshare stadium capacity. Apologies if this sounds negative, just being realistic, as I see it.

Participant

I saw it and you are correct in your assumption, IA.

In fairness, I left the moderators with little choice when I asked MK IRON to clarify which surname the Ilkeston fans were happy with. Rest assured there’s no need for 64 to panic, he’s in safe hands with me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.