Ilkeston

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ilkeston

• Author
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

all very nice tidy well worked goals according to my SAUCES .. IA ..boom boom

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

2-0 up and the usual idiots more interested in point scoring, there’s a surprise.

If you’re referring to me, I was being very tongue in cheek (as the asterisk should have made obvious). I don’t want to be serious all the damn time.

Probably referring to the difference between mayo and salad cream myself and ironfromafar were laughing about, some miserable gits about.

thinking of mayo, can you remember when we had May an Hayes up front.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Good day out. Many thanks to Patrick for his hospitality and arranging the tour of the ground. Awaywego had to do my tour as I was a bit late and Patrick was in great demand getting the 3 excellent catering outlets ready.

Nice ground and set up so no wonder the Ilkeston fans rightly proud of what Hilton helped them create.

We even turned up and played a bit of football. Awaywego and I even had a chat with Hilton about our mutual respect for the previous owner. Very personable guy on that evidence.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Round about 2008-9 I should reckon mick, did Ben May come on for Hayes in that cup tie against Alfreton when Haysey fractured his cheekbone. 🤔

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed the day MK, I guess you all spoke very highly about the previous owner 😂

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

It was difficult to tell which of us liked him the most IA.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Were there any ‘I ❤ Dave’ t-shirts on sale? Asking for a friend.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Your wanting one for your mate IB I’m guessing.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Ha ha, fair play!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who knows, Dave might even find my quip slightly amusing? Strikes me has a sense of humour.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Just got in, like MK says a good day out everything that Pat said about the club is true, professional throughout very smart bars and hospitality and ground spic and span and second to none dugouts equal to the premier league as was the foldable tunnel, Pats burgers were good has he says they would be and the pulled pork stuffing crackling and apple sauce was excellent, priced as should be not out to rip you off £3,50 for a cheeseburger £4 for the pork bap exactly what I. was on about when mentioning the £6,50 sausage bap that the cod owner had to offer most of the catering is used every day because the club is open every day, the staff were all very pleasant and weren’t just going through the motions all there to please not like our catering staff,not been to any other club with better catering, spoke to lots of their fans about Mr Hilton everyone praised him and told what it was like before he was there not a bad word from anyone, nice to meet up with MK and sure he will concur or any other fan that attended what Mr Hilton as done for that club, same as MK surprised that there weren’t that many from scunny recommend you all go next year you won’t be disappointed,Ps evidently the pubs were of good order as well, one last thing a big thanks again Pat your enthusiasm and love of your club shon out and you made it a lovely day for me and my grandson.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Fair play Awaywego glad you enjoyed it, bet the grandson did too, fair play to Pat also for looking after you so well and delivering the goods. 👍

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Well done to all those that attended , sounds like it was a great day ..

Scunny away win (rare)
    From the vid looks like a proper tidy place, great food, bevvies and hospitality .. bonus got to listen to local opinions on and talk to DH himself.

UTI

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

forgot to ask ……Did any of the Bru members who spoke to DH at the Ilkeston game yesterday get chance to get any info on the GP saga ?? was it mentioned? if so how confident we will start the season at GP.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Thank you for your kind words, really nice to meet you.
    I was impressed with your grandsons enthusiasm, so much so that I am going to send him the latest Ilkeston Town shirt and get it signed by all our players, making him an honourly Ilkeston fan
    The look on his face sitting in the players dugout seat was great to see, only eclipsed by the wider grin when he saw the Scunny players approaching him in the restricted area he wouldn’t normally be allowed in…
    I love kids enthusiasm!
    Send your details to Patrick
    Ilkeston football club
    Awsworth Rd
    Ilkeston
    De7 8jf
    As I said yesterday, when I next come to Scunthorpe we will meet up and I will have a word with Dave Hilton and see if I can get him in the players lounge after the game ?
    With you of course.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s class Pat can’t thank you enough, if he had is way he’d be moving there in one of the houses next to the canal, he said what more could you want train line running near the ground, fishing On the canal and a football club to boot, tuther grandad might get an ear bashing on moving there lol he’s a fisherman and train buff.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

That canal is quite handy actually, we throw our unused bread rolls from yesterday to the ducks when our fresh rolls are delivered at about 10am…. we are certain they can tell the time as they are always there about then but not the rest of the day??

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

Ducks need a varied diet to be healthy. Bread doesn’t have much nutritional value and fills the duck’s stomach so that it doesn’t forage for foods it would naturally eat, which can lead to malnutrition.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Is your range of Inside information limitless?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

They don’t want you feeding bread to the ducks all the time at Normanby Park but I always say a little of what you fancy does you good. I’ve managed to knock my whisky intake down to just five bottles a week now.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes IFA we did have words about the ground, he was pretty confident that he and his side have acted like any other prospective owner would dealing with who let’s say someone who’s throwing a spanner in the works at every junction. He did obviously tell us more detail on the the ins and outs but I’ll leave it at that, I told him we’re all scared for the club and was reassured a bit more but till it’s settled one way or another we’ll still be on edge and he understands that, but let’s face it he couldn’t or no one else could offer anymore dancing round with Swann, guess we’ve no option but to wait and see. Very nice man though very present throughout the day and you could see was well loved by everyone there always having a chat with old friends.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Re, speaking to Hilton me and MK told him we didn’t think social media was the place for an owner, but then again on the Facebook site someone started a rumour about how many season tickets 600 have been sold trying to create division about the low number, but Hilton comes on and tells everyone 1348 have been sold maybe it’s not so bad after all, still not fully convinced but end of the day it’s down to him.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

Hilton chooses Facebook to either admit or deny any rumours and knows he can’t fail as the vast majority are gullible and are members of the cult of Dave.
    However despite repeated requests from Humberside and Lincolnshire radio stations he refuses to be interviewed.
    The question is why, what has he to hide?
    A sports reporter on our local radio station asks difficult questions and has an uncanny way of getting to the truth, Hilton won’t speak to him whilst being recorded, why is that?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘on the Facebook site someone started a rumour about how many season tickets 600 have been sold trying to create division’.

I saw that post, and I’m hardly that sites greatest fan, but tbf, that particular poster is very positive about Hilton and did say he was generally concerned about the numbers not trying to cause trouble, but he had obviously misunderstood, and as you say, Hilton corrected him.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I will say though, there are some strange goings on, on there. Billy Smarts Circus springs to mind.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Does our local radio cover the Iron anymore?

Not seen anything on their Twitter account about us for weeks. Plenty about Hull rugby league teams and the region’s 2 EFL teams during that time.

Is Ollie still with them or did he fall victim to the recent cull at the BBC?

Only one tweet from him re the late accounts filing since early May.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

Does our local radio cover the Iron anymore?

Not seen anything on their Twitter account about us for weeks. Plenty about Hull rugby league teams and the region’s 2 EFL teams during that time.

Is Ollie still with them or did he fall victim to the recent cull at the BBC?

Only one tweet from him re the late accounts filing since early May.

He won’t talk to Ollie, I’ve an idea it goes back to announcing Dean as the new manager before Hilton/White/Anderson had chance to speak to Nelson.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There you go that seems fair enough to me, and there was everyone slagging him off for not letting Nelson know from himself first, why speak to someone you can’t trust. What’s strange Deerey is it all the new members their getting they must be doing something right, how many new members have we had lately, it wouldn’t be 1 would it a certain Mr Swann lol. Though we might have had a few more after being in the press to see what were all about.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m sure there’s a flow of new members to both sites.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Getting football fans to a facebook page takes no effort ,like shooting fish in a barrel. Unfortunately ,moderating takes effort and they have every excuse in the book not to take that effort it seems and wait for complaints before acting . As for the quality of mods, shakes head.A few on their are those who fell foul of a properly moderated site ,it’s clear to say

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.