Ilkeston

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ilkeston

• Author
    Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

I don’t know, or have not met, anyone on this site ( think I will tomorrow) but the many Scunny fans I have met at matches have been great company, and a joy to interact with..
    Just a thought to help you…
    I am 64 years of age, love my life and enjoy every minute of the time I spend at Ilkeston FC.
    If I wake up alive in the morning I am the happiest person on the planet, as I will be celebrating the first day of the rest of my life…. so I will give your real world loop a miss if you don’t mind…. and suggest it might be good for you to join my world???

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m 68 Patrick, have watched the Iron since 1964, haven’t done pre season friendlies since 1977 as I believe them to be a waste of time and money but hey that’s my opinion and I do hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow but I don’t need any help advice from you but thanks all the same. Peace and karma and I hope your sausages are well received by the Iron fans tomorrow, as for the result, I don’t care because it means nothing I just want all our players back uninjured after another fitness workout before the real stuff begins.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Obviously im not attending but my daughter , hubby n grand son are as are keen Scunny fans and have friends close to Ik..

Is the burger van is open Patrick .. could well be a busy day.

Hope its a great day for all who attend and a good atmos , as for a prediction .. crowd 1899 score 4-1 Scunny… playing on a decent pitch will assist , no injuries the main thing.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023

Hi Ironfromafar
    Oddly enough my burger van WONT be open today!
    We will however have three catering outlets open in the ground, offering a large variety of food and drink, anyone can purchase from either of the outlets.
    The menu is not the same in all of them although they All do hot and cold drinks.
    If you want our well liked burgers you will only get them at the main kitchen adjacent to the club house.
    If you want our speciality roast pork and stuffing roll, with apple sauce and gravy you will need the outlet adjacent to the members lounge those two outlets along with a third outlet near to the players tunnel will all have hot dogs, pies ,pasties, sausage rolls, crisps, chocolate, etc
    The main kitchen also does a breakfast menu early all day.
    Hope this helps.
    Patrick

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Makes my mouth water Pat deffo a burger and the pork bap, (Deerey you should be going for the food lol)just about to set off for the train, hope the weather holds up looking forward to meeting you Pat.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Hi Ironfromafar
    Oddly enough my burger van WONT be open today!
    We will however have three catering outlets open in the ground, offering a large variety of food and drink, anyone can purchase from either of the outlets.
    The menu is not the same in all of them although they All do hot and cold drinks.
    If you want our well liked burgers you will only get them at the main kitchen adjacent to the club house.
    If you want our speciality roast pork and stuffing roll, with apple sauce and gravy you will need the outlet adjacent to the members lounge those two outlets along with a third outlet near to the players tunnel will all have hot dogs, pies ,pasties, sausage rolls, crisps, chocolate, etc
    The main kitchen also does a breakfast menu early all day.
    Hope this helps.
    Patrick

Woh sounds brilliant Patrick ..

Makes my mouth water Pat deffo a burger and the pork bap, (Deerey you should be going for the food lol)just about to set off for the train, hope the weather holds up looking forward to meeting you Pat.

Hey Awaywego treat yourself to a pork bap for me ok .. and a couple or 3 of pints.

Enjoy the day out.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Anybody know if there’s a Greggs anywhere near the ground?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Got a bit of respect for my arteries awaywego. Have fun. I’ll look forward to seeing some more creepily zoomed pics of Mr Dave on the Facebook group.

open hearth ironopen hearth iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 7

there’s one in ashby

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

“Crowd 1899”

Love it 😎

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

there’s one in ashby

You’re right Don, there is.
    Unfortunately Ashby is nowhere near Ilkeston’s ground.
    Clear off back to Egypt.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

“Crowd 1899”

Love it 😎

Well spotted NI wouldnt it be a coincidence ??? … ive been buying those numbers in the national lottery here alas up to now without success.

RiversRivers
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2021

Not the first time those numbers have been used without success then 😄

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

there’s one in ashby

Is that the one the guy from Portugal is looking to buy?, heard it in the pub last night.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

18 mins in and 1-0 to Scunny Wilson with the goal .. Awaywego n Pat missed the goal as were both intertwined behind a porta cabin comparing sausages.

UTI

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

18 mins in and 1-0 to Scunny Wilson with the goal .. Awaywego n Pat missed the goal as were both intertwined behind a porta cabin comparing sausages.

UTI

Hope they haven’t overdone the mayonnaise.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

2 nowt ..Scales with Iron second on 39 mins

i prefer salad cream

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

anybody counted the attendance yet ?? 1899 .. many Scunny fans made the trip ?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Hard to tell in a ground you have never been in but I would say disappointing numbers of both home and away fans.

I’m guessing 12 – 15 hundred.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Not a great advert for the support potential for a groundshare at Ilkeston*.

How are we playing? Looking more gelled?

*I am joking.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

2-0 up and the usual idiots more interested in point scoring, there’s a surprise.

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

UTI

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

After Hilton’s ownership they can’t even beat the Iron, not a god advert for “David” effect

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

2-0 up and the usual idiots more interested in point scoring, there’s a surprise.

If you’re referring to me, I was being very tongue in cheek (as the asterisk should have made obvious). I don’t want to be serious all the damn time.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

If you’re referring to me, I was being very tongue in cheek (as the asterisk should have made obvious). I don’t want to be serious all the damn time.

Probably referring to the difference between mayo and salad cream myself and ironfromafar were laughing about, some miserable gits about.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

finished 3-0 Shrimpton wit the third .. 88 mins

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Probably referring to the difference between mayo and salad cream myself and ironfromafar were laughing about, some miserable gits about.

Maybe. I guess I was paranoid, because I know my deprecating joke has the potential to aggravate if people thought I was using it to make some point. For any avoidance of doubt, I wasn’t. :-)

Hopefully this result will calm AA down a bit and we won’t have many frantic replies of worry.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

The Facebook mob, you jumped too quick Siderite.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

No worries. It didn’t seem clear to me who you were referring to and I was thinking someone might have got the wrong end of the stick with my comment. Turns out it was me. :-D

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Let’s hope we picked up no injuries.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.