I smell a swan sized Rat

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace I smell a swan sized Rat

• Author
    smartm5smartm5
    Participant
    Registered On: February 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

It seems likely that the prospective Buyers paid the wages bill as a way of keeping the Club out of Administration while they worked towards finalising the full details of their proposal to buy the Club. Mr Elliot’s interview on BBC clearly referred to understanding where the Club is at with regards to debts, liabilities etc. All of this would play into how they structure their final offer.

Some people may underestimate the complexity of getting this right and mitigating the associated risks for both sides but it doesn’t surprise me that it has taken a while to conclude. Hopefully they haven’t uncovered anything they didn’t expect when they thought they were agreeing a deal.

To my mind, it’s also reasonable that they would want to protect any money injected into the Club before there was a binding deal. So perhaps a condition of funding the November wages bill was the prospective Buyers would be repaid out of the funds from Joe Nuttall’s sale.

Personally, I do hope that Mr Elliot (and Mr Sharp) are successful. Listening to Mr Elliot’s radio interview, and considering his previous involvement with the Club, I think he has the best of intentions and should be respected for that.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

The good news is that he’s not asking for anything like £6 million.
    The bad news is that the offer made for the entire site is nowhere near what he wants.
    I can’t see it ending well as it stands.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Well that’s cheered everyone up for Xmas SST.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

The good news is that he’s not asking for anything like £6 million.
    The bad news is that the offer made for the entire site is nowhere near what he wants.
    I can’t see it ending well as it stands.

I’m sure Sharp stated that the ground was included in the supposed agreed price. I wasn’t aware he put a bid in for surrounding land as well. I thought that other consortium were the ones who supposedly bid for it all.

I stand corrected.

I suspect Turnbull would have been told it was nowhere near completion, hence why Nuttall was pushed out the door to pay this month’s wages.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Thanks for the info SST

I guess the problem is Swann wants what he sees as a fair amount for the club

The issue he needs to get his massive head around is we are heading into a semi professional league, the ground is run down and needs investment, the team is amateur and will take significant investment and the income is getting lower with every week that passes!

It’s not an attractive proposition for anyone who isn’t going into it because they have a connection to the club

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

In my opinion, for what it is worth, I would think that a £6 million price tag for the sale asking price would be a fair figure if it includes the football club in its present state, the stadium, car parks and the training pitch to the west of the stadium.

A price for the football club and just the stadium, would probably have a value of £2.5 million maximum, taking into consideration that the club is suposedly losing £30,000 per week, and its performances and present playing record showing that things will only get worse, and there has been no possible signs after taking just one point from the past seven games that things will change, simply the players and management are really piss poor.

MY LONG STANDING PREDICTION THAT IT IS NOT IN SWANNS INTERESTS TO SELL THE CLUB SADLY STILL STANDS.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Who can we sell to raise enough to pay January’s wages?

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

I understand the deal agreed prior to the Notts County game did not include the land.
    The most recent offers have been for everything, including the land.
    Considering Swann still owes a considerable amount on the loan secured against GP, I very much doubt he is going to accept what is currently on offer.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

“I stand corrected”

You are very good at ‘copy and paste’ Burney. Why not just stop making things up?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Looks like Ian and Simon are pair of cheap steaks give the man his money, ffs Sharp has been hanging round since last April at least,he knew then roughly what it would take to buy the club, time for them to put up or shut up, more the latter i imagine.

SuperfurrySuperfurry
    Participant
    Registered On: August 2, 2017
    Topics: 0

I’m sorry I don’t post on here often, but he is lucky to be getting anything over £1. He spigots be asking for whatever her paid Wharton for the club plus inflation. Even then that’s generous as we are now in non league.
    He was the one who signed the cheques, contracts, appointed the managers. Any loan he put in was his choice, not the fans. He should write that off.
    Again, if he is asking for anything over a few hundred K, then he will kill the club and he’ll be left with land that the council won’t allow him to build on.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

A rat appears on the Four of Cups in the Wild Unknown Tarot set of cards.

“Four cups line the bottom of the card, and a rat has himself sprawled out over the whole shebang. Rats are often associated with being sneaky and generally icky. This rat sure looks like he’s trying to hoard these cups to himself.

It conveys the keywords given by the deck creator – selfishness and greed.

The (tarot) rat is guarding what he has, unwilling to open himself to other possibilities, keeping himself focused on his own emotional landscape.”

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Looks like Ian and Simon are pair of cheap steaks’

Lidl & Aldi?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Oh dear predictive texting, though the steak at lidl is good quality and a bit cheaper than other supermarket brands.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

understand the deal agreed prior to the Notts County game did not include the land.

That explains it then. Deal must have been just for the club and ground. I’m guessing the training ground wasn’t even included in the initial deal then ?

admin SST
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Nelson appears to believe that we are just waiting for the starter flag to drop and a load of players are coming in – probably in a large batch.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The only flag likely to be waved is a white one!

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Oh dear predictive texting, though the steak at lidl is good quality and a bit cheaper than other supermarket brands.

Not like you to mince your words.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

The realistic lower value of SUFC has been created by one man… sell up and F**k off Peter!!!
    You’ve destroyed this football club and it’s time you accept responsibility and walk away!!

waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

At the beginning of December Mr T told us as far as he knew an offer for the club had been excepted as I thought it was a false dawn one of many perpetrated by the club to get supporters on side and get the stay away fans onside but it seems we have been fed a load of bullshit as usual oblivion awaits

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Administration in January?
    As we all know – Jan, Feb & March are very difficult times for the vast majority of businesses.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

The latest news is two offers from Elliott & Sharp have been turned down. So much for the official statement on the 1 Dec to the effect that a deal had been agreed.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

it sounds like he wants other people to make up the losses for his mistakes.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

From a moral perspective – it is certainly true that he should bear heavy responsibility for his own profligacy but … nobody and nothing can force that point.
    It’s not as if he made promises that weren’t kept.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Maybe Ernest is holding out for more money to help pay his legal fees and/or gambling debts!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We are in a right old mess!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

so is he by the sounds of it Sir Otiose

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

December wages will likely be covered by the Nutall sale, January could be covered by a combination of player sales and gate receipts. As I see it, the wages in February is where the proverbial is likely to hit the fan. If the sale is not complete by then, I fear it may be game over.

BrianIronBrianIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 4

What have you got against Swans?

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Maybe Ernest is holding out for more money to help pay his legal fees and/or gambling debts!

Apollo Bookmakers?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.