https://caseboard.io/cases/4fba849c-6555-4b9a-8d07-b6bb74d0b054

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace https://caseboard.io/cases/4fba849c-6555-4b9a-8d07-b6bb74d0b054

• Author
    lucentdreamlucentdream
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2017
    Topics: 18

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Which court?

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Which court?

Looking at the case number, I assume it’s Leeds.

fans6464

He means it then

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

This could be trouble l dont suppose anyone knows how long it takes from filling to hearing

fans6464

Dunno but it shows he is serious but he has has to prove his claim now

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

This could be trouble l dont suppose anyone knows how long it takes from filling to hearing

Aiden Macartney is stating on Twitter it will be heard within a month.
    Unfortunately I only see one outcome unless these two can find an intermediary to bang their heads together and come to an agreement that allows us to play at Glanford park.
    Ilkeston anybody?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The one meagre positive is that if it’s heard within a month, we won’t have a cloud of anxiety over this if this was months down the line. The negative is that it gives short time for the two egos to come to terms.

I wonder if the die hards on social media, who refused to believe that post came from Swann, are still clinging on to that delusion.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Aiden Macartney is stating on Twitter it will be heard within a month.
    Unfortunately I only see one outcome unless these two can find an intermediary to bang their heads together and come to an agreement that allows us to play at Glanford park.
    Ilkeston anybody?

I said in another thread a couple of days ago that I can see us playing Friday night football on Ilkeston’s plastic pitch.

I guess this makes that more likely.

fans6464

This is like watching Gy Vs Hull, I hope they both lose

1 user thanked author for this post.
    XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

I dont agree if we want to carry on in scunthorpe DH needs to win or off to else where how sad

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

You can only see one outcome SNOT but then don’t say what it is, playing with loaded dice there,

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I hope DH has a case and wins, but will partially blame him for us being in this situation. Especially if the courts rule that he is in the wrong.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Reality is he won’t win, Coolsilk own GP, they are taking him to court to get legal possession of the ground.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Unfortunately, I think you’re right.

fans6464

There’s a curved ball in all this, nobody has mentioned the fact it’s an asset of community value,this could get very interesting

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

If I was buying land and property I wouldn’t buy if a strip of unregistered land was dividing it into two. Surely it is Swann’s responsibility to register it?

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

I think the main question that needs answering is- has Hilton got the funds required to buy the ground? because whether a court case goes well or not , the asset belongs to Coolsilk so he will be required to buy it (maybe at a cheaper price ) or leave ; putting Peter Swaennn aside . Nothing comes for free.If Hilton has not got the capital , I at least hope he’s got a very good plan to secure the future of Scunthorpe Utd away from Glanford Park.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

The unregistered land shouldn’t be a major issue to resolve. I can’t recall the piece of legislation but isn’t there a time period for the original owner to make claim on the land before it will revert to the claimant?

It appears the biggest stumbling block is that Hilton has had the land valued at half of what Swann wants and also had the land sold to him on the premise of planning permission being granted for the apartments.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

What do you think will happen Cliff? you have always come over as quite balanced so would be interested in your view on it all.

That Crazy New YorkerThat Crazy New Yorker
    Participant
    Registered On: November 1, 2022
    Topics: 0

This would only apply it Swann were trying to sell the stadium to somebody that didn’t own the club. Hilton owns the club, so it’s irrelevant.

If Swann wins the case and tries to sell the ground to some unrelated developer, then the community asset clause will kick in and he’ll have to offer to sell it to the community.

If I was buying land and property I wouldn’t buy if a strip of unregistered land was dividing it into two. Surely it is Swann’s responsibility to register it?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

What do you think will happen Cliff? you have always come over as quite balanced so would be interested in your view on it all.

No idea bud. Total guesswork from most of us now. I’d be interested to know how IB thinks this will play out as he seems more educated around these matters.

This would only apply it Swann were trying to sell the stadium to somebody that didn’t own the club. Hilton owns the club, so it’s irrelevant.

If Swann wins the case and tries to sell the ground to some unrelated developer, then the community asset clause will kick in and he’ll have to offer to sell it to the community.

Curious At what valuation would the Iron trust have to offer for it to be accepted? And who adjudicates on it?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Will Iron trust launch an 1899 scheme to raise funds from supporters to buy the ground as a Community Asset. 🤔

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

A bit of brinksmanship going on. Sounds like things were agreed but then searches found this ransom strip and it got a bit messy. If Swann wins is he going to try and sell some land which has a ransom strip preventing potential development. I think it is a case of two parties falling out and letting the courts decide. Maybe its a nice little smoke screen to cover off the gambling story….good thing is it will hopefully come to a swift(er) resolution and we can give the players the clarity they need to lose matches purely on footballing terms.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Look at this from a different angle.
    I am assuming that the solicitor’s letter was genuine.
    Solicitors take instructions from clients – that’s a fact. But I am not sure that any solicitor would have dared to send that letter without first knowing the truth about the funds for purchase being available.
    IMHO – if not so, that would have been sailing very close to the Law Society’s wind (of which it has plenty.)

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

The one meagre positive is that if it’s heard within a month, we won’t have a cloud of anxiety over this if this was months down the line. The negative is that it gives short time for the two egos to come to terms.

I wonder if the die hards on social media, who refused to believe that post came from Swann, are still clinging on to that delusion.

Except that is after the season starts, will the NL let us begin with such doubt over our future?

None of us know the truth of what was – and wasn’t – agree between the parties, presumably that is what the court will have to establish?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Maybe we’ll be kicked out with Southend tomorrow.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Except that is after the season starts, will the NL let us begin with such doubt over our future?

None of us know the truth of what was – and wasn’t – agree between the parties, presumably that is what the court will have to establish?

Precisely why I said there is a meagre positive that this is probably going to happen soon.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Though it may get adjourned and carry on for months?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

There’s me trying to be optmistic. Haha. I am admittedly only going off what Aidan said on twitter.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.