how will you react?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace how will you react?

• Author
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Stop taking it out on fans because they don’t worship the ground Hilton walks on.

So because some of us choose to make our minds up based on facts and not social media clowns that means we worship the ground he walks on???

Have a word with yourself, I don’t know Mr Hiltons plans and neither do people like you, unlike you I will wait and see what happens and make my mind up then.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

A hyperbolic term maybe, but the facts are that we don’t know his plans, and some of his decisions have been poor to date. Yet some seem to bash anyone remotely critical or sceptical of Hilton, and I am not just talking about the wild conspiracists either. They get called Swann lovers, codheads in disguise and more. It’s them who need to have a word with themselves in my opinion, because while it’s welcome Hilton moved for the club, we have to be grounded and sceptical, in my opinion.

Instead such gets greeted with accusations of hating Hilton or wanting the club to fail. Same sort of rhetoric used against Swann critics, of which I was one, post-2020ish.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

When mr hilton announces that we will start the season elsewhere how will you react?

That’s assuming he’s bought the club on the 24th?

If he has, will a move be due to the demolition of GP?

Only asking.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

I understand in excess of 1,000 season tickets have been sold.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

A hyperbolic term maybe, but the facts are that we don’t know his plans, and some of his decisions have been poor to date. Yet some seem to bash anyone remotely critical or sceptical of Hilton, and I am not just talking about the wild conspiracists either. They get called Swann lovers, codheads in disguise and more. It’s them who need to have a word with themselves in my opinion, because while it’s welcome Hilton moved for the club, we have to be grounded and sceptical, in my opinion.

Instead such gets greeted with accusations of hating Hilton or wanting the club to fail. Same sort of rhetoric used against Swann critics, of which I was one, post-2020ish.

Can you elaborate on what qualifies as a wild conspiracy, please? Just for future reference you understand.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I mean stuff like those saying we will become Ilkeston Iron and the drug gang stuff. If any of this is true, it’s so far unsupported. I am not going to criticise Hilton for that, but I will do for shoddy plans over training at Ilkeston, shoddy thinking over closing the academy and the 1899 scheme with its poor communication.

Shit House JoeSgt Booba
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

If that does happen its nothing short of a disgrace.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

The silver lining will be a burger van being mobile.

FLTFLT
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 0

Maybe Ilkeston iron wasn’t far from the truth if hilton had moved everything to Ilkeston then the sale had fallen through the only option was to play at Ilkeston while some made money developing GP

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

The only thing that is baffling, if it fell through where would the 1000 plus supporters fit into Quibel Park, or any other local ground never mind any other fans, and our supporters wouldn’t travel to Ilkeston, it would be be easier to end the club, but it hasn’t helped anyone all the abuse Hilton has had to carry on.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Hopefully Hilton knows some good scaffolders Mick.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

There is a realistic possibility we won’t be playing at GP next year.

Not necessarily down to Hilton either.

How’s this rumour fairing Cliff? Dead or alive? Fact or fiction? Yups or whoops?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Unfortunately, unlike the transfer embargo fantasy- it does carry weight.

Hopefully a resolution will be reached before the fans forum

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Lotto’s on Wednesday night so you never know. Euromillions Tuesday night if he plays it?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.