how will you react?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace how will you react?

• Author
    ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

When mr hilton announces that we will start the season elsewhere how will you react?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Just out of interest iron insider where were you for the 5 years the Swann’s were destroying the football club?

Or have you only become the font of all knowledge since Hilton came on the scene?

Probably just a coincidence you and uninteresting bystander arrived at the same time as Hilton.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Smells a lot like cygnet 🦢

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

A quick search of his profile shows the first post to be from 2020 with a post or two not complimentary towards Swann.

Stop taking it out on fans because they don’t worship the ground Hilton walks on. Concerns about Hilton can be brushed away as unfounded, no matter what (and some seemingly are), but we can assert other fans are conspiracists based on nothing? That’s no better than Rene’s conspiracies.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I don’t think a section of supporters can handle that just maybe some people, very possibly connected to the club, based on previous pointers, are privy to much more information than they are. The reactions are almost religious fervour and child like, as though they’re being told ‘God doesn’t exist and neither does Santa Claus’. Don’t have a problem with it myself. If they know more, so what? Why shouldn’t they let what they can out the bag?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Smells a lot like cygnet 🦢

Lol, make your mind up, it was ‘codhead’ and worse a few weeks back.

f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

I will start off by answering the question, and my answer is I will be bloody annoyed !

Deereyme66Deereyme66

To answer the question initially I’d say ‘no wonder season tickets were so cheap!’

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I don’t think a section of supporters can handle that just maybe some people, very possibly connected to the club, based on previous pointers, are privy to much more information than they are. The reactions are almost religious fervour and child like, as though they’re being told ‘God doesn’t exist and neither does Santa Claus’. Don’t have a problem with it myself. If they know more, so what? Why shouldn’t they let what they can out the bag?

Spot on Deerey

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

In answer to the op question:

I would be frickin livid, and would set about claiming a ST refund as it was purchased in good faith that the club would be playing their home matches at GP.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

There is a realistic possibility we won’t be playing at GP next year.

Not necessarily down to Hilton either.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

After all the shit that’s been flying around it’s to hope we don’t play at GP next season it would make lots of people happy. Then we can go back to “we want Swanny out” at least there wasn’t as much derision.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

A quick search of his profile shows the first post to be from 2020 with a post or two not complimentary towards Swann.

Stop taking it out on fans because they don’t worship the ground Hilton walks on. Concerns about Hilton can be brushed away as unfounded, no matter what (and some seemingly are), but we can assert other fans are conspiracists based on nothing? That’s no better than Rene’s conspiracies.

I asked the person a perfectly valid question. Read my post again and there is nothing criticising fans for their opinions of Hilton. Like many people I will make my mind up on what he does for the club. Don’t give a monkeys about the many other agendas doing the rounds on antisocial media.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Can you substantiate it’s not necessarily down to Hilton, or is that one of those supposed conspiracies some supporters have been going on about for months? Why should it be believed that it’s not Hilton’s fault, if it turns out we’re playing elsewhere next season, particularly as many have been saying for months that he hasn’t got the money?

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

I think it will be worth getting down to the fans forum if you can. The timing of it suggests Hilton is either going to announce the deal will complete without a hitch or that it has hit the buffers.

I am not privy to any inside info but I decided to wait before committing to a season ticket, which gives you some indication of how I think it may unfold.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I asked the person a perfectly valid question. Read my post again and there is nothing criticising fans for their opinions of Hilton. Like many people I will make my mind up on what he does for the club. Don’t give a monkeys about the many other agendas doing the rounds on antisocial media.

Your question was undone by its conspiratorial suggestion that iron insider is some Johnny come lately, when he/she clearly isn’t.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Having thought more, I can understand why people would wonder why nothing more was done with Swann, but that doesn’t mean we should be blasé about Hilton. We were told that everything, including the ground, was taken care of. We don’t know if any failure to ensure Glanford Park is ours would be Swann’s or Hilton’s fault, but if this does happen it goes against what was promised. It wouldn’t be good and it would maybe indicate that Hilton doesn’t have the money needed to run a club like ours, no matter the goodness of his intentions.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Can you substantiate it’s not necessarily down to Hilton, or is that one of those supposed conspiracies some supporters have been going on about for months? Why should it be believed that it’s not Hilton’s fault, if it turns out we’re playing elsewhere next season, particularly as many have been saying for months that he hasn’t got the money?

I can’t substantiate anything, only going off information I am told.

I suspect the deal will be shrouded in NDA’s as that is Swanny’s MO, therefore I’ll leave it there before a letter arrives through the door.

Sincerely hope it can all get resolved as ground sharing will be monumental disaster.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I have a hunch that an excuse is being formed, or has been forming for a while now. Just my opinion.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

8 posts in 3.5 years of Swann 1 of which was mildly critical of him.

35 since Hilton arrived virtually all have been posts that would have had Swann contacting his lawyers had they been about him. I still think my question was valid and fair.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Just out of interest iron insider where were you for the 5 years the Swann’s were destroying the football club?

Or have you only become the font of all knowledge since Hilton came on the scene?

Probably just a coincidence you and uninteresting bystander arrived at the same time as Hilton.

The problem with you and supporters like you, is that you are unable to debate with people who hold a different point of view. It is much easier for you to call people names than to engage in any worthwhile discussion.

Without wishing to be disrespectful to IronInsider who clearly has some good snippets and is better placed on internal matters than I, I am in a different place on other subjects.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It’s difficult for people to accept that just maybe this one’s worse than the last.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

8 posts in 3.5 years of Swann 1 of which was mildly critical of him.

35 since Hilton arrived virtually all have been posts that would have had Swann contacting his lawyers had they been about him. I still think my question was valid and fair.

I direct you to my post below and say what does it matter who did what with Swann’s tenure at this point? What matters now is whether Hilton is good enough. We can only learn from mistakes, which was putting blind trust in Swann the charlatan. I don’t think the lesson is to blindly trust the next guy.

The litigious nature of Swann could be one reason for why there wasn’t more leaks from him/her and others.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It’s telling how people deride or undermine social media platforms they’re not engaged with. Thus we see ‘twatter’, ‘anti-social media’ etc. Ironic that some of the content from these platforms makes it’s way to Bru, a social media platform itself, and if it fits a narrative it’s accepted by naysayers of the platform it originated from.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

What ‘different place’ are you in Iron Bystander?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’ll react be saying,” yeah but he saved the club” 😞

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Will the 1899 club thingy be called “The 50 or so club “and where will they all go?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I think it will be worth getting down to the fans forum if you can. The timing of it suggests Hilton is either going to announce the deal will complete without a hitch or that it has hit the buffers.

I am not privy to any inside info but I decided to wait before committing to a season ticket, which gives you some indication of how I think it may unfold.

Your last sentence is precisely the reason i advised my daughter n family to hang fire re buying a season ticket until the GP issue is resolved .. they decided to buy and im guessing if Hiltons deal hits the rocks and therefore playing elsewhere she /they wont be very happy.

How many season tickets has the club sold and how will those already buying them feel if any problems arise re playing at GP ..

No doubt Mr Hilton may of had a change of heart or unable to find the funds required so will Scunthorpe witness a public lynching on the 17th OR a celebration on or before 24th May ??

a few days n all will be revealed…patience the order of the day until then.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

I have a hunch that an excuse is being formed, or has been forming for a while now. Just my opinion.

Yes thats in my mind also

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Will the 1899 club thingy be called “The 50 or so club “and where will they all go?

Good question and just another issue that needs clarification as im guessing if the deal goes through all tickerty Boo quite a few more may buy into the 1899 gig.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.