Hilton’s Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Hilton’s Statement

• Author
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I didn’t listen to his explanation, because my poor english.
    But if I was him I’m definitely stay.
    After doing so much for the club, you can’t just leave.
    There is no reason to do so.

What he has to do next, creating as much income as possible.
    If I live in Scunthorpe (now I live in Thailand),
    I would support the club every way I can.

Agree same here.

Might i ask where in Thailand ? city or rural ? 9understand if its private info) … i have my business head office based in Bkk but travel extensively across all the Isan provinces, my family home is in the North on the Thai Laos border only 50 min flight from Bkk

Sorry to go off topic

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Does anyone feel like this is a replay of what happened at Bury? David Hilton-Anderson-White-Mellors comes in, promises the world and when it all starts to fall apart, blames sections of the supporters, thus turning life long supporters against each other.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Life long supporters have been against each other long before Hilton came to town.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Not to such a degree awaywego. IMO, it’s been exacerbated by Hilton setting a bad example in the way he’s jumped on fans with legitimate concerns and questions. To the extent that an increasing number of fans are mimicking an aggressive attitude to those with concerns and those burner accounts that he still hasn’t distanced himself from.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Add that his flirting with hoolie paraphernalia like Stone Island gear and letting a previously banned supporter with a pending court case and questionable past act as an unofficial spokesperson and it’s no wonder the culture of the supporter base has shifted

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

There is one point that all of you have overlooked, including Hilton.

From The Athletic:

“In a case that started at Nottingham Crown Court in late 2014, Anderson was also disqualified from being a company director for five years after pleading guilty to 15 charges.”

Yet Hilton became a director in the following businesses:

Reality Management Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Advent Corporation Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Centrepoint Marketing Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Stratton Enterprises Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Maxwell Cohen Ltd – appointed 28/06/18
    Maxwell Cohen Estates Ltd – appointed 18/06/19
    Acquisition And Property Management Ltd – appointed 18/06/19
    DH Management And Holdings Ltd – appointed – 24/09/19

As you can see, the 5 year disqualification period for David Anderson as reported by The Athletic and the directorships held by David Hilton during the disqualification period don’t reconcile.

This is of critical importance.

He was imprisoned under the name Anderson.

His “new” Directorships were/are under the name Hilton.

There are 8 new registrations within the 5 year ban. Once could be classified as a mistake. 8 times is deliberate deception. If he has deceived Companies House by operating under a different name then he has committed fraud – AGAIN.

This could well result in further charges.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Throughout this whole scenario Hilton has not apologised for anything. Even when he explained about the fraud he never said sorry, only that he wished he hadn’t done it.

He always plays the victim card, and it is never his fault. His attack on Slater was unnecessary & plain wrong.

He is not trustworthy.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I would say that the people backing Hilton on here have behaved in a way that puts the Facebook crowd to shame, thanks people you made a difficult day for a moderator much easier, don’t think a single post was deleted

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Throughout this whole scenario Hilton has not apologised for anything. Even when he explained about the fraud he never said sorry, only that he wished he hadn’t done it.

He always plays the victim card, and it is never his fault. His attack on Slater was unnecessary & plain wrong.

He is not trustworthy.

This is the thing. He says he’s rehabilitated, but if what IB has said is the case, it puts it at odds with Hilton’s words, or are we supposed to believe that it was some foolish error to do that? Like you say, there was no actual apology and his owning came among a lot of sympathy for himself and the mud slinging at The Athletic was disgusting. There’s also the “was any of this legal? Absolutely f’ing not’ meme he shared on Facebook after his release in 2017. OK, a minor post which may not mean much, but that mentality doesn’t quite fit with the embarrassed figure portrayed by Hilton yesterday.

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

Fans 64 “ the only thing I want to hear is Goodbye.”
    Should all convicted criminals be reintegrated into society after serving their sentence,and be able to make a success of their lives?
    I wait for your intelligent reply,Fans64.

So you want a convicted criminal and a liar to run SUFC?

RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023

What I don’t understand how you say you would rather have him at the helm? Really, a convicted criminal! An out and out liar to the fans of SUFC on a regular basis! Doesn’t sound like a good mix for a Football Club owner to me, and I guess the FA might have something to say about it too.
    It is when posted immediately after being outed as a liar and a convicted criminal.

If lying is a major issue for you why don’t you look at:-
    “When I leave the club will be in a better position then when I arrived”
    and
    “I will give the ground back”
    Makes Hilton’s porkies look insignificant by comparison doesn’t it?.

Not criminal behaviour though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

This ‘he told a few porkies’ spin is embarassing, frankly.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I would say that the people backing Hilton on here have behaved in a way that puts the Facebook crowd to shame, thanks people you made a difficult day for a moderator much easier, don’t think a single post was deleted

It’s not the bile that was on Twitter last night that’s for sure

The regulars can debate and rip the piss out of either alright.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

It emerged Team Hilton had filed their defence 22 days late. Hilton changed his legal staff halfway through August (although that was still after the deadline for the submission of the defence)” – The Athletic

True to form!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

WHAM (White, Hilton, Anderson, Mellors) made a brief reference to the “dossier” – that put meat on the bones and confirmed or at least further heightened our scepticism and suspicions that all was not well.

It looks as if the crisis will deepen.
    It looks as if there is only one way out for WHAM.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Hilton’s dig at Matt Slater and The Athletic was a poor move in my opinion. Knowing how journalists work, Matt’s article yesterday will represent 10%-20% of what is known. Don’t be surprised if more is released in the coming weeks.

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 3

There is one point that all of you have overlooked, including Hilton.

From The Athletic:

“In a case that started at Nottingham Crown Court in late 2014, Anderson was also disqualified from being a company director for five years after pleading guilty to 15 charges.”

Yet Hilton became a director in the following businesses:

Reality Management Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Advent Corporation Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Centrepoint Marketing Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Stratton Enterprises Ltd – appointed 21/11/17
    Maxwell Cohen Ltd – appointed 28/06/18
    Maxwell Cohen Estates Ltd – appointed 18/06/19
    Acquisition And Property Management Ltd – appointed 18/06/19
    DH Management And Holdings Ltd – appointed – 24/09/19

As you can see, the 5 year disqualification period for David Anderson as reported by The Athletic and the directorships held by David Hilton during the disqualification period don’t reconcile.

Is that not also a case of fraud?..Becoming a director when disqualified?

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 3

Not just fraud I believe its a criminal offence

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Word of advice for any Bru members thinking of launching personal attacks over the above three posts: don’t shoot the messengers.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

WHAM (White, Hilton, Anderson, Mellors) made a brief reference to the “dossier” – that put meat on the bones and confirmed or at least further heightened our scepticism and suspicions that all was not well.

It looks as if the crisis will deepen.
    It looks as if there is only one way out for WHAM.

WHAM .. well done AA 9 OUT OF 10 FOR EFFORT AND IMAGINATION ..bet you were up all night thinking that up 555

I do agree this whole clusterfook is gonna get messier for sure .. and if i were abetting man twill end with DH chucking the towel in .. which unless another party comes in sharpish could be catastrophic for the club and town.

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023

I live in Bangkok,capital of Thailand.
    I’m clerk in feedmill company.
    My dream is watch a football matches in England.
    But my salary can’t afford it, only 472 GBP per month.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

I live in Bangkok,capital of Thailand.
    I’m clerk in feedmill company.
    My dream is watch a football matches in England.
    But my salary can’t afford it, only 472 GBP per month.

Im pleased you seem to have chosen Scunthorpe as your football team , most here seem to go for Liverpool , Man U etc …ive been here 23 years this coming December and i hope to go back to UK for a few games next year.

There are a few Scunny fans around the country but we remain an endangered species

My Bkk location is Sukhumvit 101 Punawithi also warehouse in Onut.

Im hope your dream happens

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Will we see a counter statement to today’s scheduled release by Kieran Maguire?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Last night, I had an extended conversation with a deep-thinking, experienced businessman who is not devoid of interest in our Iron problems. (No. He does not personally possess sufficient funding to contemplate a takeover.)
    Based on those debts which have already been cleared and what he insists is the plummeting value of the land, he was quite optimistic about Iron survival with or without DH. He did not seem to think that whether he stays or goes will make too much difference either way.
    Combine this with current onfield success and the absence of winding up orders – he feels that an offer for GP could be or soon be in the pipeline.
    He listed all the actions that PS might take. Several of these could well restore interest in people previously wanting to take over – and the key point – would create a way for PS to extract himself.
    The biggest danger he foresaw was the club finding its way into the hands of someone called a Mr Hardy – or similar.
    It was all a bit above my head, TBH. Still – my spirits were lifted somewhat.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

which debts have been cleared? please wake up before it is too late. we are closer to extinction than when hillton rolled up in january, the new board are panicking.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Were we not facing a winding up order?
    Are we at this point?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Hope you’re right Les, and there is a better ending to this than many are fearing. However, without knowing the actual financial situation of the club at the moment and what else we don’t know has been going on (hard to take Hilton’s word on aspects without more evidence he’s undertaken it) it doesn’t bode well. The views of successsful business mate of mine were quite alarming and not something I’d post here.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Were we not facing a winding up order?
    Are we at this point?

We were facing a winding-up order when David came in and he must have paid something to keep HMRC at bay.
    But we now know David is a liar, so I am wondering whether David actually paid the tax bill in full?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

the new board are panicking.

Are you on the board?
    Are you guessing or just hoping?
    Where’s your T-shirt?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Surprised that the people on the board are comfortable being an associate of WHAM 🤷‍♂️

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.