Hilton’s Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Hilton’s Statement

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Anyhow, no worries, I’m sure the new Directors won’t be shy asking him if there are more skeletons in the cupboard. I’d imagine they are pretty concerned about reputational risk, even if many out there are more concerned about having to find something else to do every other Saturday. Bit of exercise might not go amiss for many I reckon.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m hoping the board are actively involved in seeing the future of the club is secured should Hilton choose to resign, that is the most important take from all this IMO.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Hilton only has himself to blame. His decisions and his conduct.

1) Hilton fails to acknowledge or explain the reasons behind the use of the name Dave Mellors, David White, David Anderson and David Hilton. His sister also uses the surname Mellors instead of her birth name.

2) Hilton fails to acknowledge or explain the reason why David Anderson was banned as a company director for 5 years.

3) Mortgage fraud – Hilton refers to a mortgage broker, I’m surprised he didn’t see fit to name the broker!

4) Hilton speaks about the economic crash (2007/08 time) and losing everything yet he fails to mention what happened to him in 2001.

5) Hilton has failed to mention what was (possibly still is) his biggest problem when it comes to risk/reward.

6) There was no mention of the business rates reduction companies and his involvement. He’s previously said that he was an employee, working as a debt collector. Given recent events, I have a feeling this is likely to blow up.

7) After being released from prison, he talks about being successful and making money, in which specific business?

8) Hilton failed to mention the secured loans provided by Stoneygate 2007 Ltd and Westfoot Investments Ltd in 2018 and 2019.

9) Hilton refers to the directors’ and owners’ test, the point made by The Athletic was whether or not he disclosed his other names. Again, a point he failed to comment on.

I’m no counsellor but being a fantasist and pretending to be something you’re not is in no way conducive to good mental wellbeing. Telling the truth, treating people with respect, not having to look over your shoulder and being comfortable with your lot will prove a good starting point.

Hilton’s f*****, he knows it and he only has himself to blame.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What I don’t understand how you say you would rather have him at the helm? Really, a convicted criminal! An out and out liar to the fans of SUFC on a regular basis! Doesn’t sound like a good mix for a Football Club owner to me, and I guess the FA might have something to say about it too.
    It is when posted immediately after being outed as a liar and a convicted criminal.

If lying is a major issue for you why don’t you look at:-
    “When I leave the club will be in a better position then when I arrived”
    and
    “I will give the ground back”
    Makes Hilton’s porkies look insignificant by comparison doesn’t it?.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

CT, I think there are major differences in what you are trying to compare.

Firstly, Swann saying he was going to leave us in a better position was what he believed. His incompetence is why we are where we are.

Secondly, in reality he has given us more than the ground back (although we don’t actually have the ground!!). He wrote off £11 million in debts, and whilst this was majorly down to his incompetence he could have totally cleared us out. I’m not defending him, but he could have made things a lot worse for us.

DH also seems to want to be popular. He said in his statement that he was a quiet family man. This has not been clear to anybody us as he laps up the adulation from the Facebook group and others.

How unfortunate that we get 2 losers in a row…….

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Scunthorpe still has a football club

btw if he goes n the club folds would you shed a tear ???

Some on here wouldn’t batter an eyelid if the club went under. A select few ranks Hilton resigning as more a success than the alternative, Hilton resigning and nobody else coming in with money to buy the club and then ceasing to exist.

They clearly know the club could well and truly go out of business but clearly don’t care.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Time for Elliott and Sharp?

They may not have the big budget (mind you, one has to ask if David Hilton-White-Anderson-Mellors actually has the cash), but at least we know their intentions are honest.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Some on here wouldn’t batter an eyelid if the club went under. A select few ranks Hilton resigning as more a success than the alternative, Hilton resigning and nobody else coming in with money to buy the club and then ceasing to exist.

They clearly know the club could well and truly go out of business but clearly don’t care.

You honestly believe that?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I can’t speak for others, but I feel as sick as a parrot today. I feel despondent and that our club is dead. Swann slashed us to our last breath and Hilton is delivering the killing blow.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

I wish people would give Hilton a chance, he has taken on a thankless job trying to sort this clubs mess out, he has told his story today, I think Simon Elliott is behind him because he’s at most of the games cheering the team on and I believe Hilton keeps in touch with him

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Elliott and Sharp

They tried before and simply didn’t have the funds required. I suppose those two could stump up some money and the directors could add to the coffers.

Now, whether they would then have enough is anybody’s guess.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t believe Hilton can sort this mess out; you only have to look at the issues in paying former players, like Taft. After today’s debacle I cannot trust him one bit. He had my backing at the start and I will stand by my right not to trust him after his hurling of accusations against others, when we had rights to have concerns.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Yes. Sadly I do. A certain few on here keep posing the question “well, you can’t want Hilton at the club” and when it’s put forward that we could go out of business they completely gloss over the potential ramifications and then trot out “Hilton can’t still be chairman” so clearly don’t give a toss.

There are certain posters who rank being right about Hilton as being more important than him resigning and us being in deep, deep shite.

Well done for those looking likely of being right in regards to Hilton but I just want us to have a club to support. If nobody stumps up the cash we’re royally screwed.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Why don’t you offer to pay him back the money he has spent and ask him to leave?

I think that might work.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

I don’t understand how anyone can genuinely believe that.

We are all Scunny supporters and want the club to be successful. However, we don’t want people like Swann and Hilton to be involved.

Swann has a massive ego and appalling business sense, whilst Hilton seems to have limited assets and is totally dishonest.

The idea that if you don’t support DH then you must support Swann is preposterous. It’s a big world out there.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Above suggestion to Siderite not WG.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

You do realise I am not rich enough to own a football club?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Although I am sure the ccolour of your cash would do the trick as well.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Neither am I that’s why I’m not telling the guy what to do.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t have the capability to play football as well as anyone on our team, but will comment on their performance. If Hilton is going to show himself worthy of concern after lying about it, I am going to air my distrust. I would have thought, as someone who first went to a game when young and had a season ticket for many years, I am entitled to have a care what happens to the club and how the custodian acts and would handle the club. Or should I blindly support someone I distrust and thinks is unfit for the club?

Also, where have I told him what to do? I have given opinions on what I think he should have done, but I am not egotistical enough to think he needs to listen to me. However, I reserve my right to think he hasn’t handled himself well.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I absolutely defend your right to feel, think and say whatever you like Siderite.

Don’t mind mind me I’m just drowning in the torrent of self righteousness.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Don’t worry, I won’t be saying you are any less of a fan than me (because I don’t think that). I am just offering my opinion and realise others disagree, and aren’t necessarily any less valid. You won’t get self-righteous proclamations about how others want the club liquidated or dead from me, because we’re all fans at the end of the day.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

On that we can agree.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I realise I have been babbling on for a while, so will sign off for today now with saying that I hope, beyond my inner feelings and judgement, that you’re right and somehow things can work out. I just don’t know how and feel like we have been utterly destroyed. Maybe 90%, or whatever, by Swann, but Hilton’s alienated me further and further and we are still a circus. Dejection is the closest word to my feeling right now regarding SUFC.

Don’t worry, the rest of my life is fine. :-)

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

We were in big trouble in January and we still are now. Arguably worse with the GP fiasco.
    Listen to his statement, we are being conned, he has always got a justification. He had to steal £68k of public money just to get by.
    The level of delusion about this amongst some fans is unbelievable. An ex player who hasn’t been payed properly getting grief on social media is disgusting.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Just listened to it. Plenty of ‘reasons’ not to come to the following conclusion…but… Hope he finds himself surrounded by strong, supportive friends and family. Hope he continues on the path of redemption. Hope he thrives in businesses. Hope he finds it possible to stay and gets huge encouragement from the club and fan base and we all see better days.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

There’s absolutely no self righteousness in any of Siderite’s posts on this matter today. There’s certainly much deflection from others. It’s easy to take it out on other posters rather than address the detail of the allegations, the most alarming of which Hilton has admitted to after being found out.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

…Alot of hope there. Quote possibly I won’t see it come to fruition. But, whatever the outcome, I wish him well for the future and don’t believe its the end of my road as an Iron fan

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Hope he continues on the path of redemption.’

Serious question JI. At what point have you witnessed this redemption you speak of? Today, after being forced to admit? Sorry, not seeing it mate. Hollow words from him in my opinion.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

It wasn’t Siderite I was referring to with my comment on self righteousness but thank you for letting me know what I should be thinking.

A tad self righteous perhaps?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.