Hilton’s new statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Hilton’s new statement

• Author
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I’ve uploaded Hilton’s new statement (posted elsewhere today) to an easy to read format…

https://publuu.com/flip-book/519539/1164412

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironingboardironingboard
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2022
    Topics: 0

I’m sure writing all that was a cathartic experience.

The long awaited Athletic follow up piece will be more objective I’m sure.

Ben2206Ben
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 5

I don’t think, as much as we want them too, The Athletic will publish their follow up piece on Hilton. The story has moved on.

The only way they will is if he rears his head above the parapet again and take another stab at football chairmanship somewhere else.

You never know but I would like to say that ship has sailed (unfortunately as I bet the follow up piece would have been an interesting read).

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Just read it, thanks Apollo.
    Blah, blah blah, I wasn’t convicted of any crime before or after the crime I was convicted and imprisoned for, blah, blah, me, me me. No mention of Club 1899 whatsoever, blah blah blah.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

One of the most interesting bits is the reference to, right before Michelle stepped forward, Simon Elliott telling Hilton he (Hilton) was still the right man for the job.

Dubai fanDubai fan
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2022
    Topics: 0

According to Hilton

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

According to Hilton

Agreed. But (correct me if I’m wrong) that’s two or three times he’s singled Elliott out as a bit suspect in statements he’s made since leaving the club.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Nice book at bedtime for you awaywego.

I don’t trust a word he spouts Apollo. No interesting bits for me

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”

Mark Twain

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Load ov whinging bollocks .. not worth the shite paper its written on ..

Comorn Mr HILTON lets put your failures and latest scuppered attempt into he football world to bed. leave the club to people who care.

stop whining please

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Don’t you feel just a bit sorry for him, after all …………… no maybe not!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Grift and grift again.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Just a load more bull IMO

Be nice if he just held his hands up and said he massively Fu*k up and he should never have taken the club on in the first place

Hilton and Swann will be forever remembered (by most) as the 2 people who almost destroyed Scunthorpe United , I personally can’t stand either!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Agreed. But (correct me if I’m wrong) that’s two or three times he’s singled Elliott out as a bit suspect in statements he’s made since leaving the club.

Trying to drive a wedge between the new ownership and the fans?

I don’t believe any of that statement and don’t need to hear anything more from this chancer.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not about the Sag or the amount of employees we had Ferrite. Or the debt left by Swanny how strange.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Yes, it’s strange how people don’t believe a lying con man.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Not about the Sag or the amount of employees we had Ferrite. Or the debt left by Swanny how strange.

No idea what you’re on about but I don’t think anyone has forgotten about Swann & the debts he left us with. But unsurprisingly that’s not as relevant on a thread about Hilton.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You really need to read it again Ferrite if you’ve no idea what I’m on about,and of course Swannys debt he left Hilton is relevant that’s what Hilton was explaining in the statement, just the same as Michelle explaining the debt Hilton left her.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You appear to feel sorry for Hilton awaywego. Is that the case?

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

The new board have been more than open with the club’s situation. This just gives time for people to salivate who backed the wrong horse.

But as it’s here… be my guest

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

He came in and got the company for a couple of quid due to the debts, that’s business and it’s business norm to use the saved cash to sort the debts you inherited that caused you to get the ultra low price .
    He came in, seemingly paid no debts off, spent too much on wages, sacked a manager and brought his mate in who got us relegated. He made it worse and demanded £100k to sell. He was worse than Swann
    He never had the money to buy the ground like he promised ,he left the club with no ground and an impossible conundrum to sort out regarding the 1899 club. What a great guy!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Agree with most of that Fans but let’s not forget Swann took the ground having stated many times over the years that he would not do so.
    Regarding the ground and Hilton the situation was the same when he left as it was when he arrived.

We should never forget what the pair of them did but do we really need to be giving Hilton the oxygen of publicly for his ramblings.

At least Swann keeps his mouth shut and doesn’t try and defend the indefensible.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Agree with most of that Fans but let’s not forget Swann took the ground having stated many times over the years that he would not do so.
    Regarding the ground and Hilton the situation was the same when he left as it was when he arrived.

We should never forget what the pair of them did but do we really need to be giving Hilton the oxygen of publicly for his ramblings.

At least Swann keeps his mouth shut and doesn’t try and defend the indefensible.

I’m certainly not defending Swann, but I do feel that there is a different perspective to your viewpoint.

He transferred the ground to one of his comapies in return for writing off £11M debt (not getting into the arguement about who caused the debt!!). This also allowed us to carry on operating solvently.

He also sold the ground at a value which I believe, as did others, was below market value (agan, not getting involved in arguing the “real” value). He could have left us with the ground AND £11M debt and just walked away.

My view on Swann is that he had good intentions but was far too arrogant and conceited to listen to anyone who knew what they were doing. He always thought that he knew best – and probably still does.

Hilton is just a crook.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

According to Hilton

Maybe Hilton simply didnt/doesnt like Elliot hence the negativity in the form of sly digs that you mention… my opinion on Hilton is easy ..go away no need for any further comment as for Elliot he seems to have slipped himself in a nice position just what he has brought and will bring to the club both financially and other remains open to conjecture…we arent seeing him as much as THE BRILLIANT Roj Rahman for instance.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

“Regarding the ground and Hilton the situation was the same when he left as it was when he arrived.”
    After claiming he had the cash, starting the 1899 club while still claiming he had the cash .
    It’s hard to be balanced regarding Swann as my history with him is fractious to say the least and I really don’t like him but I’ll say this ,he did put his money where his mouth was to his own huge financial detriment

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

“Regarding the ground and Hilton the situation was the same when he left as it was when he arrived.”
    After claiming he had the cash, starting the 1899 club while still claiming he had the cash .
    It’s hard to be balanced regarding Swann as my history with him is fractious to say the least and I really don’t like him but I’ll say this ,he did put his money where his mouth was to his own huge financial detriment

Neither of them exactly painted themselves in glory.

I’ll echo sentiments further up this thread – though unforgivable, Swann transferring the ground into his own company asset was at least understandable.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

He never had the money to buy the ground like he promised ,he left the club with no ground and an impossible conundrum to sort out regarding the 1899 club. What a great guy!

Remember when he shut the gates and put posters on them to try to ward off the bailiffs?

He transferred the ground to one of his comapies in return for writing off £11M debt (not getting into the arguement about who caused the debt!!). This also allowed us to carry on operating solvently.

He also sold the ground at a value which I believe, as did others, was below market value (agan, not getting involved in arguing the “real” value). He could have left us with the ground AND £11M debt and just walked away.

Can’t let this slide: the transfer of the ground to Swann’s company was his own move, it did not help the club in any way. The idea it allowed us to carry on operating solvently is not my understanding of the situation at all.

As for selling the ground “below market value”: a wise man once said that something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. So you can tell everyone that the ground is worth £11m but if no one else is going to pay that price, it’s not worth that. Swann received £3m, largely of public money, in return for a stadium which SUFC owned until he transferred it to his own company. I’m astonished there’s not more outrage over that.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Probably that most people can see if Swanny hadn’t separated the ground from the club (more luck than judgement that it ended up bring favorable for us) there’s no way that Michelle could have bought the club at £3 million, they’d have been no money from the government in that scenario.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t know about you, but whatever debt I knowingly rack up I pay back to who I took it from. I don’t take a prized asset of theirs and say ‘if someone buys this off me that should make us quits’

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

But if Swann valued the ground at £11m when he swapped that for an £11m debt and then he sold it to us for £3m we look to have done OK don’t we? Admitedly the debt was down to him but he looks to have lost out financially.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.