Head Or Heart

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Head Or Heart

• Author
    emmjayPeter Promise
    Participant
    Registered On: June 15, 2017
    Topics: 7

Provided that the proposed takeover is completed successfully ,which i hope it is,the consortium are going to have a record number of decisions to make regarding the future of staff,management,directors,and players.I hope that these decisions are made by their head and not by their heart.We fans must remember that it is not possible to get all the big decisions right and show some patience.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Head for me, Daws, Mussie, and Turnbull out, in, new manager and new coaching staff basically a fresh start, owners to bring local business men in and offer directorships if they can bring investment in all well and good,and try and get the council onside.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

As well as a new manager and coach, a new look board and some new faces around the club would be a positive in selling the club back to the Town and Community.

Making Jerry pay to get in would be worth a season ticket.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Root and branch!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Head for me, Daws, Mussie, and Turnbull out, in, new manager and new coaching staff basically a fresh start, owners to bring local business men in and offer directorships if they can bring investment in all well and good,and try and get the council onside.

I’ve never known the local authority to be “on side”. Still keeping quiet about the ridiculous “Lincolnshire Lakes Project”. (We do have a nice new roundabout though).

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It shouldn’t be a hard job Waltham is a scunny season ticket holder afterall

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

All that’s needed to get Waltham onside is a guarantee that he can be included in any photos for the telegraph.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

And speaking of the Telegraph….!

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

And speaking of the Telegraph….!

Would that be “Grimsby Live”? 😡

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

I agree that we need a fresh, new management and coaching team … possibly with some level of experience and success at our current level. I’m less than convinced that Lee Turnbull should be shown the door. First of all I remember the glimmer of hope when Lee left a perfectly good position at Notts County .. only recently acquired .. to come to us. Did he know something that we didn’t was my hopeful speculation. I think he did… but has had to navigate some difficult developments with a fair degree of diplomacy and discipline.He definitely injected some initial interest and buzz into the club which was no mean achievement. I hope he continues to make a contribution to the Iron for the foreseeable future.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Tend to agree JI though I would trust Simon and Ian to make the call they think benefits the club most, once everything is completely over the line.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

Turnbull needs to go. When was the last time he unearthed a gem ?. Turnbull also stated last month that wages being paid weren’t a problem, low and behold the next month we are in deep shit and can’t pay wages of staff and players.

Daws is a complete disaster. Nelson is shite. Only person I’d keep is the Kit Man Stanton. Everybody is needs to piss off, we need a complete clear out and the structure that was in place when Wharton was here needs to be put back into place.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Saint Wharton’ post incoming!

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Topics: 11

I would definitely keep turnbull

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Turnbull needs to go. When was the last time he unearthed a gem ?. Turnbull also stated last month that wages being paid weren’t a problem, low and behold the next month we are in deep shit and can’t pay wages of staff and players.

When was the last time it was his job to unearth a gem? And what did you expect him to say about the wages? “We have no money and nobody will be paid”? of course he wasn’t going to say that, at the time Swann was still his gaffer and he would have said what he told to say!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There was no issue with the wages the previous month, this month a day or so late but I don’t think we should hold it against the new owners.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Think this month sounds more a case of ” if you don’t make me an offer and pay this month’s wages you won’t have a club left “. Last month’s delay was basically the last chance saloon for the club, we owe Simon and Ian a great debt of thanks.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

Evolution not revolution, we’re not a loadsamoney club who can afford grand gestures, we’re going to have to get used to making a little go a long way. Get back to the days of “Little ol’ Scunny” punching above our weight. Small steps to begin with, starting on a long journey to get us back to where we should be.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Totally agree Ironawe, i believe swanny forced the issue so i will say well done swanny and a bigger well done and thank you to Simon and Ian.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I would never ever say well done Swanny, and we were well and truly up the swanny with Swanny! He took us to the brink of what could have made our Club extinct. I say VERY WELL DONE SIMON AND IAN!!!!!

Participant

I agree with Wondergoals, the only person I would keep is Nathan Stanton. Apart from him we need a clear-out from top to bottom and after Saturday’s post-match interview Nelson would be top of my list.

Participant

Agree we need to get back to the structure of our Club when Steve Wharton was Chairman, a local man, and his father before him who were dedicated to Scunthorpe United. Then we may eventually get back to the success we had under their tenure. Young and new supporters have not seen any of the successful seasons we had, they only know the disaster which happened with the Swanns in charge. Let’s hope now for a successful re-build of our Club for the new generation of fans particularly.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Think this month sounds more a case of ” if you don’t make me an offer and pay this month’s wages you won’t have a club left “. Last month’s delay was basically the last chance saloon for the club, we owe Simon and Ian a great debt of thanks.

Yep, pretty much what’s being said here…

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

St Wharton left us with debts of 30’000 a week let’s go back to that structure? Also left the club with a loan to be repaid over 20yrs.

emmjayPeter Promise
    Participant
    Registered On: June 15, 2017
    Topics: 7

Awaywego,i`m not familiar with those figures.Where did you get them from?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Think he got them from the back of a Penguin chocolate wafer wrapper after they ran out of jokes. 🐧

Dubai fanDubai fan
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2022
    Topics: 0

Does anyone if the new owner is a relative of ex player Len Sharp who played at full back in the late 50’s??

IronlincIronlinc
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 0

If Graham Alexander is available, he has the fight and ability to save this club.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

P.P got them from theirontrust.com, reaction to st Wharton on the 29th of October 2012. Found it by typing Steve Wharton to liquidate Scunthorpe into Google then it’s the 7th item down. Ps Ironawe I do normally back it up do you? LoL.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Back of a fag packet maybe ,🤔

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.