Has jimmy lost the dressing room?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Has jimmy lost the dressing room?

• Author
    russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Heard a few whispers,but when you look at the team organising set pieces they seem to be doing just what they want, same set pieces every time for corners,the encouragement from the 3 stooges on the touch line is like looking at the manikins in buttons window! Will he have his contract extended? I hope not, on a more positive note I understand the lifting of the embargo is imminent so watch this space, and no I don’t have a link for it, another shite weekend!!

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Should be burtons window.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

I don’t know about the Dressing Room, but certainly supporters, beginning of the season we were tearing teams apart and scoring for fun with some screamers, now we are lethargic and hardly have a shot and all we do is pass, pass, pass then hoof it to the opponent, two game’s running we have conceded with the only shot at our goal, but fair enough it was a good finish, and we didn’t really look like scoring, it is just as if the players have thrown the Towel in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

You can’t say that, Max Bell will be on to you!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Let’s face it would you be bothered if your not offered a new contract when top going into the New Year, players and or the manager, yes we have a club but other than that what positivity has come from Michelle regarding this season or the next I can’t think of anything.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

You can’t say that, Max Bell will be on to you!

Max speaks for 99% of fans, don’t you know? It doesn’t matter if most vocal disagree, his ego can tell him that the silent majority agree.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

In direct answer to the thread header .. YES .. it certainly looks that way.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Something is clearly not right and Dean looks helpless.

Whitehall was particularly disinterested – maybe tired from the new born but very ineffective

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Something is clearly not right and Dean looks helpless.

Whitehall was particularly disinterested – maybe tired from the new born but very ineffective

Whitehall’s attitude is symptomatic of part of the problems we are seeing, in complete contrast to Jimmy Spencer yesterday up front for Curzon who was excellent. Why can’t we find a forward that can actually be arsed?, other teams in this division seem to have them.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Let’s face it would you be bothered if your not offered a new contract when top going into the New Year, players and or the manager, yes we have a club but other than that what positivity has come from Michelle regarding this season or the next I can’t think of anything.

I seem to remember a lack of contract activity in January had a similar, disastrous effect a few years ago. Could this be a repeat? The ‘contracted next season’ players seem comfortable on their apparent excessive wage and of the OOCs only a couple look like they’re playing for a contract here or anywhere else. Surely they should be busting a gut to get noticed, hard to think many, if any, of them will be moving upwards, their best chance of that is with us.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Michelle needs to show her hand to us and to Jimmy on her way forward for next season back him or let him know there’s no new contract to be had, of course she may have done so to Jimmy already. She now needs to take us with her.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

There’s no way the players were playing for Jimmy yesterday; I’m of the opinion that bringing in more players or changing the formation is just rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

His senior players in Ogle, Clunan, Butterfield and Whitehall are all performing well below par; he needs to find a magic formula to rediscover their form or it could become ugly very quickly for him.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

When Hilton recruited him I believe he knew at what level he was capable of coaching and failure was all in the grand plan. Collapse of club to follow. NLN is I think his level.

Nelson should have stayed but we are where we are. The new board have had a colossal task dealing with the financial mess to sort out and I would think they did not want this situation becoming a big worry. But it does appear we do not want to lose more than want to win.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Harsh on Ogle & Butterfield IMO Cliff.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

They were both non existent yesterday Cass, and have been for some time imo.

PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant
    Registered On: July 10, 2017
    Topics: 5

The board have a massive task in sorting out the financial mess we were left in, the next hurdle of which appears to be the debt that has caused the transfer embargo. We will probably make the play offs, but probably not get promoted through them. Over the summer, those players out of contract will leave, and hopefully our new manager will recruit players from this level who are known grafters but have enough ability to make an impact!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Harsh on Ogle & Butterfield IMO Cliff.

Basing it on the last month Cass, their standards should be higher as without doubt they are better than this league.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Could Nelson be tempted back, or has that ship well and truly sailed?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Could Nelson be tempted back, or has that ship well and truly sailed?

Thought Hilton treated him appallingly. At one point when he was in charge he was driving from & to nr Hartlepool every day, then someone sorted out accom for about 4 days.

Was just sorting it which is why he had to go. To get him back would I think take a 3 year deal and in todays game that at this level is a long time and for a club recovering from near financial oblivion a massive gamble.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Especially since Nelson is currently managing a side struggling in Northern League Div 2.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Whatever the outcome for JD at the end of this season we should let the Nelson ship drift off into history. When Michelle stepped up to the plate and was brave enough to take our club on it heralded a brand new era for the Iron, the next managerial appointment when it comes should reflect that brave new attitude Michelle showed.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Possibly the only way we could keep Butterfield?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I’d employ him as player coach but not in a managerial role. I’d want a manager who’s experienced at this level or the one lower who knows and understands this level of football.

Are there any good one’s out there who fit the bill ?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Fella that manages Tamworth seems to know his stuff.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Why would he come here ?. Tamworth will be in National League next season.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

“Do you think the manager’s lost the dressing room” – Interviewer.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

I’d employ him as player coach but not in a managerial role. I’d want a manager who’s experienced at this level or the one lower who knows and understands this level of football.
    Are there any good one’s out there who fit the bill ?

Wilcox? (Only kidding)

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Club badge on Social media today please

(If you know you know!)

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Tell you what I’d like to know – why you wrongly suggested I might try and defend Iron-Awe on the Kane thread. When you’re ready.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

I don’t see anything.
    ?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.