HARRISON POULTER

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace HARRISON POULTER

• Author
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Anyone on ‘X’ – check out his goal yesterday for Cleethorpes Town. Outstanding shot in bad conditions.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Poulter scored a goal for us in the Lincs cup at home, a first time finish into the bottom right hand corner. The young lad is without doubt the best natural finisher at the club.

Only thing that goes against him is that he’s not the strongest. If he’s put on a strength programme similar to when KVV bulked up, there’s nothing stopping him scoring goals. I like him personally and he’s pretty quick which helps.

Pretty shocked he’s at least not on the bench to get the odd 10-15 minutes here and there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

What a goal on a shocking pitch.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

He will never be given the chance with Dean, he just keeps playing the same players and his pointless system, at the end of the day, with Scunthorpe only having scored 4 goals in their past 7 matches, why the hell does he not change his failing systems and players >???????

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

I’ve being saying it for a good while now.
    Start him and give him a good run of games to prove himself.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Poulter should be playing for Scunny taking Whitehalls place as at least he is keen energetic willing and 100% interested , where as Whitehall for what ever reason obviously is not.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Best finisher at the club but Pugh came back as one of the most in form central midfielders in the league and yet we’re struggling in CM and he won’t give him a game.

No idea what’s going on in his head. I’d have played him in place of Butterfield personally but Dean keeps starting him and Scales. Clunan can stay where he is because we haven’t really got another sitting midfielder but scales and Butterfield both have been pretty poor for a while.

Scales I’d only keep in ahead of Butterfield because of his energy and mobility but I’d drop him as soon as Flynn is fit enough to start. I’m genuinely confused as to why Pugh isn’t starting and Poulter isn’t at least on the bench. I don’t quite understand the thinking behind it all.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Every manager we’ve had for a long time now has being fearful of rolling the dice and giving youth a chance.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Pretty shocked he’s at least not on the bench to get the odd 10-15 minutes here and there.

Not arguing with your assessment of Poulter and that goal for Clee Town is a belter, but who are you leaving off the bench to include him, with only 5 subs available?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Not arguing with your assessment of Poulter and that goal for Clee Town is a belter, but who are you leaving off the bench to include him, with only 5 subs available?

I’d leave Kelly out and include Poulter.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

A prolific youngster who was never given a chance!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Was an outstanding prospect like Cam Wilson. So don’t know what has happened good luck to them both.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

If he goes to someone like Spalding or Stamford i wouldn’t be surprised if Posh pick him up in 18 months and sell him on a year or two later for a significant fee, Like Godden.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Where’s he at these days?

anyoldiron79Richard Ballard
    Participant
    Registered On: October 20, 2015
    Topics: 0

Just had his contract cancelled at Matlock Town.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.