Hardy

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Hardy

• This topic has 33 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by CMCCMC.
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Deal or No Deal, as Noel Edmonds used to ask:

Hardy submits final bid for Scunthorpe United

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Kismet?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Beggars can’t be choosers, if they’ve got the money they will do, his records not great but no one goes into buying a football club to make it a failure, if he comes in and sells at a profit in a few years I will wish him well.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Has all the makings of another Boris Johnson to Liz Truss situation.

Just when you think anyone is better than what you have…..

Administration now and get on with a recovery is starting to look the best option.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The only thing that could be worse than now is having no club at all,that as been my worry all along.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Begbies Traynor says that “discussions are continuing with a number of interested parties who remain focused on acquiring”’

That can’t be right surely? Some one on here who clearly knows how these things work was adamant they wouldn’t entertain more than one bid at once. This must be duff info.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Beggars can’t be choosers, if they’ve got the money they will do, his records not great but no one goes into buying a football club to make it a failure, if he comes in and sells at a profit in a few years I will wish him well.

Sell for a profit 😂

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Dont forget who is paying the current mouthpiece. These guys won’t be risking their fees being added to the club debt.

You can therefore apply the same level of belief in what they say as you would the owner himself.

Continue to build the “The fans wanted me out and I tried everything I could to sell.” narrative.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Probably thinks with a derelict site the council will then give him planning permission for the whole thing.

Good luck getting that electorally unpopular decision out of your old friend Rob Waltham.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Thought that’s what Hardy did at county or was that the Smurf at Port Vale either way people moaned about it.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Mr Hardy has offered a “Fans Forum” should he gain control.

Peter Dennis Swann did the ‘FORUN’ promise and look how this is playing out !!

Participant

Lost 50k a week and 20million in total
    at Notts county, all resulting in relegation from the football league for a club pulling in 9K every week; some achievement.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Doesn’t sound good at all…. What’s happened to the December wages paid by the Elliott consortium are the club repaying them?!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I think it was November’s wages but in one of Simon Eliott’s interviews he talked about it being a loan.

Just added to the clubs rather large debt.

hr1001hr1001
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2022
    Topics: 0

Notts fan here..

So much to say about Hardy.

When he first came in I was opened minded and he did do some good things – attendances went up because some of the offers and PR he did.

The issue is he runs the club with his ego, any business acumen he has went out the window and everything was about him.

I never think its a good idea to have an owner on twitter and this proved to be the case, even before the photo incident he was constantly arguing with fans and upsetting people. He upset Forest so much with what Hardy thought was banter that they recalled Ryan Yates who was on loan with us and we were never the same team after he left.

He made everything about him, the food stands were called Big Als and there was a painting of him in the family stand. He signed up his son to the academy and from what I was told he wasnt very good. Half time entertainment was kids trying to score goals against his kid. None of the staff liked him – he sacked a load of them when it emerged there was a whatsapp group where they slagged him off constantly. He did allegedly get on very well with one female member of staff.

All this could be forgiven if he made better football decisions. Rather than bringing in a decent CEO and giving the manager a budget he was very influential over signings. I am convinced we signed Oxlade Chamberlain because Hardy is a Liverpool fan and dreamt of becoming friendly with the family. We signed players on big money and big contracts which neither he or the club could afford.

He sacked Nolan after a few games and then paid big money to get Kewell who he sacked a few games later. By the time Ardley arrived the club was rotton with a huge squad who were falling out with each other and all sorts. The relegation was inevitable because he had just ran the club like he was playing football manager.

By the time he left wages werent being paid and he was happy to try and sell the club to an out and out conman. He wont accept any of this is his fault and it angers me to think he has the money to buy another club whilst fans had to send in donations for our office staff to get paid.

I hope he has learnt his lesson but his twitter account says different (oh he used to have a load of sock accounts too) If he promised to leave twitter and to appoint a good CEO who would run the club and allow the manager to run the football side he might be ok but I just dont trust a word he says

7 users thanked author for this post.
    RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Thanks hr sounds like someone we know very well.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

Thanks for the heads up. The general consensus from Notts fans is he’s a disaster. Can’t believe some fans want this man anywhere near our club after all we’ve had to put up with with Swann. If there’s no alternative, I’d much prefer to start up again as a Phoenix club run by the supporters for the supporters.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Thanks for the heads up. The general consensus from Notts fans is he’s a disaster. Can’t believe some fans want this man anywhere near our club after all we’ve had to put up with with Swann.

The Taylors, the Priestleys, the Mahoneys will latch onto him. the ones who want to keep their privileges no matter what happens.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

But would it be better than liquidation.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

But would it be better than liquidation.

A continuation of the Swann circus? No thanks

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well is golf club seems to be doing awfully well. And I’m with Mick on that one, also I’m to old to be starting all over again SUFC or nothing for me.

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018

Frying pan and fire springs to mind.

Participant

Read enough about Hardy now to know I don’t want him near the club; if it’s him or bust then I can’t blame people for supporting him, but I’ll be cutting ties. Not funding another ego.

Praying the locals can resurrect their bid or there is someone out there with the money and good intentions to save the club.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

“they recalled Ryan Yates who was on loan with us and we were never the same team after he left.”

Another spooky similarity!

hr1001hr1001
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2022

As I was writing about Yates I suddenly realised he went to you guys after us.

And you also had Rodwell as CEO. Bloody hell we have similar paths.

Do you have any sort of trust / supporters group ? My thought is that if Hardy is going to buy the club you at least try and make the best of a bad situation.

I would demand a face to face meeting with him, try and get out of him transparency on where the money is coming from. Is he the front or is it just him? What lessons did he learn from his time at Notts and how would he go about this differently etc.

My main concern for you is where the money is coming from. That guy is just not rich enough to fund a club. Maybe 20 years ago he was when Clubs were owned by local businessmen but now you need someone to pump in £1m a year just to break even

CMC CMC,
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Well if that write up is true then he’s a carbon copy of what we already have!!!

A big no thank you from me, Phoenix Club with Ian & Simon involved would get my vote, if they were interested of course.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

As I was writing about Yates I suddenly realised he went to you guys after us.

And you also had Rodwell as CEO. Bloody hell we have similar paths.

Do you have any sort of trust / supporters group ? My thought is that if Hardy is going to buy the club you at least try and make the best of a bad situation.

I would demand a face to face meeting with him, try and get out of him transparency on where the money is coming from. Is he the front or is it just him? What lessons did he learn from his time at Notts and how would he go about this differently etc.

My main concern for you is where the money is coming from. That guy is just not rich enough to fund a club. Maybe 20 years ago he was when Clubs were owned by local businessmen but now you need someone to pump in £1m a year just to break even

Hardy was /is leading a consortium , investors thats where the money is coming from.

Still after hearing what Notts C fans have to say on his time there its not at all sounding favorable.

Can beggars be choosers ??

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

O P M

Other Peoples Money

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t think that Ian had that in mind a phoenix club, he wanted to own is home town team not start a new one.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Someone who never made a mistake never made anything…. Albeit after making a mistake you should accept the error by taking accountability before moving ahead and making progress. He doesn’t sound like a good bet… Ahem a good choice. But there is no choice

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.