Home Forums The New Blast Furnace Hard Work?

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 179
    Replies: 3736

From the OWS:-
    “Iron quintet Andy Butler, Abo Eisa, Alex Gilliead, John McAtee and Levi Sutton have all been busy on their phones in recent days, making personal phone calls and video messages for supporters who have renewed their 12th Man packages for 2020-21.”

I presume they are doing this from home and hope the Club is reimbursing the cost. A total of £1.26 shouldn’t break the bank.

DarrynStampGoalMachine
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 547

I don’t get how people are buying season tickets for a season where we have no idea what will happen?

It’s all well and good saying renew now and it’s only £12.50 a game but that’s based on a 23 game season who’s to say how many we’ll get?

If they insist on finishing this season next could well be shortened.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4166

We don’t even know if there will be 92 league clubs next season so why would you pay for guesswork. If football survives then fine but there are bigger issues at stake just now then pay for maybe seeing some guys kick a football about next season ( if there is one ). If the Iron don’t survive neither will a lot more clubs, keep your money safe for the really important things in life like your family, you might wait a long time before you start earning again. Look after your real family the football one can wait for the time being.

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 30
    Replies: 599

no gloom and doom then?

Iron-awe
    Participant

no gloom and doom then?

More a realism of the situation Awaywego, we have both watched the Iron for such a long time it is part of our everyday life but the reality of a football league club in our town is under its biggest threat yet. This thing will change our way of life big-time when it’s all over and I have said for many years that it’s truly remarkable that we have the biggest professional football system in the world ( name me another country with a football set up like this one ) and this current pandemic could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Just getting the country back on its feet, work wise, financially and domestically will take a massive effort and not all league clubs are forced to be a part of it. Priorities will be paramount, we will have some kind of football club of sorts but there is no guarantee it will be the type we have known since coming into the Football League in 1950.

1 user thanked author for this post.

scunnypete
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 160

At this moment in time we have 3 individual groups of people, directors and management (yes men), players and supporters. Within each group there is people that have been alienated and others to scared to voice an opinion because someone disagrees and goes to great lengths to make sure he or she is proven right. In some respects I hope this season is declared null and void very soon. Then when we start again next season every group has pulled together as one and on same page through transparency. And we are all turning up on a Saturday for each other

ironking
    Participant
    Topics: 63
    Replies: 310

Great title.

I along with many others do hard work to ensure i can pay for the season tickets in our house. I do travel to away games though that is getting less frequent. I was formerly a 40 plus (often 46) games a season man.

That’s where the Hard work really comes in, watching utter crap on the field and being treated to it off the field is Hard work.

Swapping shifts or booking holiday time off and worrying if you can make an home game is Hard work.

Listening to Radio Humberside is Hard work.

Listening to Ian Holloway on many fronts is F#####g Hard work.

Listening to Peter Swann on many fronts is F#####g Hard work.

Watching the poor excuse for football is F#####g Hard work.

Knowing Russ Wilcox is manager again is F#####g Hard work.

Knowing the club is going down the pan is F#####g Hard work.

Knowing that I will buy my season tickets is F#####g Hard work.

Knowing i am enjoying the season ending early is Hard work.

Knowing i don’t want it to restart is Hard work.

Knowing that come what may, i will be there is Hard work.

Knowing that i can not despite whatever break the cycle even now is Hard work.

Knowing i am an addict and need my fix is Hard work.

Knowing that others who don’t give a toss know exactly how i feel is Hard work.

Knowing that anybody who owns, manages, plays for does not care for or love our club the way i do is Hard work.

Knowing this shit storm of Covid-19 is not over is Hard work.

Xxx
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 116

Do you think you could repeat that please I missed it

mistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 424
    Replies: 8388

Hard work.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 143
    Replies: 2995

I don’t get how people are buying season tickets for a season where we have no idea what will happen?

It’s all well and good saying renew now and it’s only £12.50 a game but that’s based on a 23 game season who’s to say how many we’ll get?

Darryn, surely if next season has less games than the usual 23, the season tickets should cost a few pounds more, it will mean less periods of pain if there are a few games short!!!

I am waiting to see if Scunny complete their last four home matches this season, if not I will gladly send the club £30 for loss of suffering the six hours viewing time, surely well worth it ha ha!.

Surely after the past two seasons, fans will not be clambering for next seasons ticket issue.

Awaywego
    Participant

just a little bit of humour ironawe, sorry you wasnt to know, i thought i would have been pulled for putting peter lorimer down in “best performance”t there was a man who had ate all the pies no wonder we cant get any at halftime.

Cliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 772

More of an act of desperation from the clubs, like many others, to try and top up the coffers. Think the crunch time will be June, if the season still looks unlikely to start that’s when things could turn ugly between clubs/players/broadcasters.

One thing that’s worth commending the club on is the all non play staff’s wages will be honoured 100% for March and April. This despite the absolute shithouses at the PFA still not instructing players to take any form of wage cut, and premier league clubs looking to apply for taxpayers money to pay non playing staff on furlough.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant

just a little bit of humour ironawe, sorry you wasnt to know, i thought i would have been pulled for putting peter lorimer down in “best performance”t there was a man who had ate all the pies no wonder we cant get any at halftime.

At one time Lorimer was reputed to have the hardest shot in football, never knew it was pie eating induced. Live and learn eh.

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 175
    Replies: 2395

If the club was fan owned, I would happily put a few quid its way to help it cope with this crisis.

Awaywego
    Participant

lorimer had a shot timed at 100mph in his day just looked that up ironawe, didnt know about that, never to old to learn though,was a bit nervous before the game but scunny fraped them 6-1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.