Halifax Town FC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Halifax Town FC

• Author
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

The problem we’ve got is that Foster does not come for crosses.Halifax will test us second half with that

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Head to Head
    P68 W32 D19 L17

Historically we get the better of the Shaymen.
    I’m going to go for the long awaited away win!
    UTI.

Get in!
    UTI.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

First away win in over a year on the day a new owner takes over, is it a sign 🤔😳

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Today just gets better and better.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Great win on heavy pitch, but why hasn’t Whitehouse been picked since he came back from Spennymoor, just wish Foster would come out and catch the ball rather than punch it but had a good game.

I thought we were under an embargo, where have we got that Hallam from.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

We have been on BT Sport twice and 2 wins, can they put us on every week

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

Hallam playing for a new contract Mick.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160
    plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

What a day – watched the game in Spain – new owners – first win – and off the bottom – doesn’t get much better 🙂

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Fought hard tonight for that, with no Shrimpton and Lavery I feared the worst.

Always wondered why Whitehouse was sent on loan, was rightly MOTM.

I have no expectations to survive this year, but if we can bring in a couple of strikers, win a few more games than the usual 1 in 10 and keep battling like that, they’ll have my full support.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

What a day.

You’ll have worse ones as an Iron fan, pleased for the ling suffering fans that travel the country for away games, rewarded at last, enjoy. 👍

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Best day as a Scunny fan in years!!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

2 strikers, 1 CB and another GK and we could give this a real go. Foster is a good shot stopped but his lack of coming off the line will bite us in the arse before long. I know he’s young but we could do with some experience in there.

Ogle was excellent as was Whitehouse and Wilson. Foster played well too, albeit at times looked shaky. I know he’s young but he looks like a reincarnation of Tommy Evans with the reluctance to come off the line.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023

The sheymen not bad, but Iron mentality is stronger now.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

be interested to hear from any Scunny fans who went to Halifax.. at what point did the fans know of the new owner coming in ?? what was the atmos like ?? so far only seen some poor quality coverage from Halifax fan stypen in which he congratulated the Iron new onwership and wished us well.

There definately seemed a different spirit in the players , hopefully Nelson can continue to improve what he has to work with , who knows what Mr Hilton is considering re staff etc but we may have stumbled on a dam good manager by accident and if he keeps us up a statue should be erected at GP .. Nelsons Column perhaps.. sorry.. i will get my coat !!

Hoping for a bumper super loud crowd to welcome the new owners this Saturday.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I tend to defend managers coz I believe that the managerial merry-go-round never helps a club. The general rule of thumb is that the more managers you sack – the worse it gets! (Indeed. Look at the case of one Scunthorpe Utd.)
    I am supporting the Vice Admiral for different reasons. He is the best I’ve seen in years. Inspirational.
    He’s got: players moving off the ball – something not seen since the latter days of Hurst. Following a plan. Playing for and covering each other. Working really hard.
    In addition, he has got the best out of a pair of CBs who had been looking quite ragged.
    Beestin and Butterfield playing well. Young uns rising to the challenge and so much more.
    If we hadn’t been playing pretty much all the top sides every week for a small eternity – would certainly have had plenty more points to show.
    A month ago he was saying that new players were being lined up. (Hope they haven’t all gone elsewhere!)
    Must be given the chance to showcase his talents. BTW – he never impressed me all that much as a player.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

I am supporting the Vice Admiral.

BTW – he never impressed me all that much as a player.

Damned good deck quoits player 💥

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

2 strikers, 1 CB and another GK and we could give this a real go. Foster is a good shot stopped but his lack of coming off the line will bite us in the arse before long. I know he’s young but we could do with some experience in there.

Ogle was excellent as was Whitehouse and Wilson. Foster played well too, albeit at times looked shaky. I know he’s young but he looks like a reincarnation of Tommy Evans with the reluctance to come off the line.

He won’t be off his line until develops more physically, got to think he’s still built more like a gangly teenager than a full grown man. That’s something that can be easily coached as he develops.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

The fans on one bus had Radio Humberside on whilst they were on the M62 and heard it on there, according to Max Bell. UTWI

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

CBRP wrote:-
    “He won’t be off his line until develops more physically, got to think he’s still built more like a gangly teenager than a full grown man. That’s something that can be easily coached as he develops.”

It’s not something that Mussy coaches!!!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I know that part of his game will develop over time but I’m talking about the here and now. Against a much more accurate crosser and better strikers we will pay for Foster being routed to his line before long.

I still think we need experience in that position for now in a bid to push us to safety.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Will be interesting to see how our coaching staff fare under the new ownership.

anyoldiron79Richard Ballard
    Participant
    Registered On: October 20, 2015

Rory Watson is third choice at Wrexham?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

I should think so as well.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Will be interesting to see how our coaching staff fare under the new ownership.

I read on twitter that Hilton is an absolute workhorse and expects all the staff to work all hours as he will to turn the club around, he was the same at Ilkeston.

I wonder if he cuts the staff size down ?

Huckleberry HoundHuckleberry Hound
    Participant
    Registered On: June 3, 2022

Very impressed with the commitment last night and the confidence on the ball. Epitomised by Ogle but many others were not far behind. Taft and Boyce were dominant in the air and Foster was well protected. Wilson caused big defenders issues with his pace. They looked a totally different team. Fans support was brilliant throughout. Up the Iron.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.