Halifax

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Halifax

• Author
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I know it’s a friendly but did they have to wear the same colour shirts?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

When are we going to start playing the first team?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

When are we going to start playing the first team?

Not sure AB n Co know so i giess we havent got a first team as such yet .. everyone is in with a shout i reckon.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Normally the time to be playing your 1st team out and getting 90 mins game time into most of them.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

1-0 win v Halifax , better team by eye witness reports , over 1000 attendance, no doubt HMS piss the league will be being readied to set sail by some over optimistic fans eh WGs ???

I trust the pitch looked and played ok and the AAGP looks marvelous !!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

Good to see the Iron look fitter and sharper than another professional team. It’s been a while.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Braithwaite – me like!
    Won a lot of possession; passed with an eye to attack; was quickest of all the youngsters; some great turns and picked out passes that looked extremely difficult.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Butler indicated an intention to build a partnership between Whitehall & Carlton.
    How many minutes have they played together so far?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

How many minutes has Whitehall played? Has he got a knock?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

How many minutes has Whitehall played? Has he got a knock?

Not sure about how many minutes DM but Butler said in his post match interview that Whitehall was away yesterday at a family function, no mention of injury.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Whitehall picked up a niggle before yesterday hence why Butler was being careful with his minutes. I know what Cassidy is saying, but if Butler gave Whitehall more game time there may have been a risk of him breaking down. Whitehall is playing against Hartlepool.

Agree with less about Braithwaite, he is looks a really accomplished player. Good athlete and decent turn of speed. Looks composed on the ball with a positive range of passing. Lives locally, he won’t want much in terms of wages and is only 20yrs old.

Butler is keen on him too.

No brainer.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I thought Butler said Whitehall was at a family event yesterday.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I thought Butler said Whitehall was at a family event yesterday.

Is there an echo in here in here in here, lol.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Agree with less about Braithwaite, he is looks a really accomplished player. Good athlete and decent turn of speed. Looks composed on the ball with a positive range of passing. Lives locally, he won’t want much in terms of wages and is only 20yrs old. Butler is keen on him too.
    No brainer.

Another CM won’t please everybody WG – get yer tin hat on!!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Mk, he was at a family event the other day, I mean before that he didn’t get too much game time because he picked up a slight knock. Cassidy, a striker may be more helpful, but braithwaite looks a good player to me and is only young. I just think when you look at what he brings to the table we can’t really turn him down.

I don’t know if the club is still keen on signing another GK, but Braithwaite and a young capable striker would make sense. Turnbull did say there would be room for 1 or two more.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I didn’t see Whitehall out on the pitch warming up with the rest of the team before this game, so presumed he was left out and probably not even present. But he was definitely named amongst the substitutes during the announcements because I remember raising an eyebrow and thinking “Oh, he must be here then”.

It wasn’t the greatest game. Despite a couple of quite nice moments it was a bit of a 1-0 bore draw, if you catch my drift. It’s saddening but on this evidence I really don’t expect us to do anything this season.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

We’ve beaten a team from a higher league, one where Pugh doesn’t start. Why such pessimism?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

We’ve beaten a team from a higher league, one where Pugh doesn’t start. Why such pessimism?

Haven’t been to any pre season games for years because to me they are all about trying different systems, trying different combinations of players in those systems and getting match fit ready for the coming season. Why anyone would see them as a nailed on indicator of how we are going to do overall in a 9 month football season has always amused me and if they do believe it’s an indicator I believe we have won all our pre season games so far, unless I’ve missed a defeat somewhere?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

” he was at a family event the other day,” hope we’re not continuing with the unprofessional attitude of Jimmy Dean era

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

It’s saddening but on this evidence I really don’t expect us to do anything this season.

How did you come to that conclusion ?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It’s the 414 effect. It’s contagious.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

” he was at a family event the other day,” hope we’re not continuing with the unprofessional attitude of Jimmy Dean era

I’d be more concerned if he didn’t turn up at Brackley tbh.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

As would I,I’d prefer pre season to show intent in all areas

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Because (a couple of moments aside) we were dull to watch, we didn’t create that many chances and we allowed too many opposition chances to develop.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

It’s saddening but on this evidence I really don’t expect us to do anything this season.

After all the recent years of turmoil the club hit rock bottom and is on the up … i think this coming season will be one of stability .. it would be nice to be up and around the top of the table go keep the attendances up but like Appollo im not overly enthused and certainly not confident or predicting promotion .. IMO a long hard season awaits plenty of twists n turns for sure and its play offs at best.

UTI

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

IMO a long hard season awaits plenty of twists n turns for sure and its play offs at best.

Exactly this – a long hard season ahead.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

After all the recent years of turmoil the club hit rock bottom and is on the up … i think this coming season will be one of stability .. it would be nice to be up and around the top of the table go keep the attendances up but like Appollo im not overly enthused and certainly not confident or predicting promotion .. IMO a long hard season awaits plenty of twists n turns for sure and its play offs at best.

UTI

All Sounds abit too bloody sensible for this forum boys. If you want to fit in round here you have to be in Deereys dreamland, where we win the league by Christmas, Butler comes out of retirement and guides us to a record breaking 26 game clean sheet run and the great Alfie Beestin pips Mbappe to the 2025 Balon d’or. Get with the programme gents!

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

Because (a couple of moments aside) we were dull to watch, we didn’t create that many chances and we allowed too many opposition chances to develop.

As to be expected after the departure of our most creative player and with an ex-defender in charge. I thought Carlton long name looked the best of our summer recruits but will need the service for us to see the best of him. Beestin looked fitter than he has for a long time but remains to be seen if he can manage the whole season without breaking down again.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

When I’m leaving Brackley at 17:00 a week on Saturday I might change my mind but at the moment I’m struggling to understand the negativity.

I am not a fan of 3 at the back at any level of football but that’s the way Butler is going and he deserves the chance to give it a go with our support.

Given that fact it is unlikely the 2 first 11 picks from last season that have left would have made regular appearances anyway. Ogle is an OK full back but the almost total lack of end product from his marauding runs makes him pretty unsuited to the wing back role. As much as I loved watching Butterfield thrive under Jimmy’s fetish for low paced football I think Butler is planning a more athletic and high tempo midfield in which Jacob would likely have struggled.

Solid at the back whilst quick and aggressive in midfield. Seemed to work well for last seasons NLN champions who managed a whole season without doing much that was very clever with the football.

As for being poor against Halifax, when we played a play off team from the National League last season we got roasted. We were not fit enough to get near Solihull Moors. On Saturday though we looked fitter and sharper than Halifax.

Better footballers yes but we didn’t even look fitter and sharper than our semi professional opponents last season.

While we are at it Brogan and Nicholson are very decent players but I do agree Carlton looks the real thing at this level.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I fancy Law and Scales to start as wing backs as Denton hasn’t had much game time and is slightly behind the other players. Scales has taken to that position very well. I think they’ll add the need width and quality of balls into the box.

Carlton and Whitehall up front will cause problems at this level. Brogan, Clunan and Rowley in CM with Nicholson, Max and Evans at the back. Fitzy in goal.

No, that will not be the nailed on line up, but just a possible one. If you go through the whole team it’s actually a really good team for this level. I’m pretty optimistic for this coming season.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.