• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Brilliant!
    Congratulations guys.
    Now go and do the same to Brighton.
    The very best of luck to you guys – I hope you get to the Semis.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Good on them – we’ve got more in common with our local rivals than any of the Premier League clubs. Get in to those Seagulls!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Shame they did not get either of the Manchester teams away, a bigger gate and a better atmosphere. Good season for our fishy friends, little chance of relegation, quarter finals of the cup and plenty of extra dosh pouring into their coffers, plus the extra publicity nationwide and of course that stupid plastic fish. Think Brighton might be a game too far for them but they have had a great run. As we continue to decline they are back on the up, the wonderful world of football and how fortunes can change.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

The Seagulls won’t be beaten by the Cods. No problem, 4 – 0.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Yeah Brighton away is a pretty crap draw for them but it’ll still earn them a fair few quid through TV, prize money, gate receipts. Could end up being a real game-changer for them, the way cup runs were for Exeter, Burton or Lincoln.

One day it might be us…!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Wishing them well, through gritted teeth. Can’t bring myself to be that happy for them though I’m glad the long round trip was worth it for the fishy fans and good for the club coffers.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

So little nastiness and so much encouragement when we were at our lowest. I wish them well.
    I reckon the “We hate cod ‘eds” chant has gotta go.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Wishing them well, through gritted teeth. Can’t bring myself to be that happy for them though I’m glad the long round trip was worth it for the fishy fans and good for the club coffers.

I do think it’s a disgrace that these cup ties were played midweek, why has this happened? Presumably to bend to the whim of the big clubs? It really should have been played on the weekend.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Yeah Brighton away is a pretty crap draw for them but it’ll still earn them a fair few quid through TV, prize money, gate receipts. Could end up being a real game-changer for them, the way cup runs were for Exeter, Burton or Lincoln.

One day it might be us…!

For the next few seasons our main hope is getting to R1 and a big draw like Hartlepool away.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

So little nastiness and so much encouragement when we were at our lowest. I wish them well.

‘Cancel’ it you mean? Not interested in singing it myself but I respect every Iron fans right to sing it. Uphold the rivalry!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Without Var Grimsby would have lost 2-1 fair and square.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Political correctness gone mad?
    Screw em,wish they’d lost ,I hope they lose the next game and go out of business

3 users thanked author for this post.
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Good manager one that Swann sacked because he wouldn’t do what Swann wanted.Good of him

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

It was a great night , one of those up there with the others.Unlike the glory clubs these moments are few and far between for clubs like ours which make all the more special .

Hopefully your new manager and owner are the right sort and you get these days again .

Ohh on another not i forgot about the prediction league was determined to do it right through ,but must have stopped after about a month same with those fantasy leagues start out well and thrn forget or lose interest must be rock bottom .

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And your clubs Tweet about Harvey Price Richgy? Pure class. And to think lots on here wished your team well. “If I had the wings of a sparrow”.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Well done Town, you have put North Lincolnshire onto the map, Scunny used to have a few FA Cup games like that, but you really have to have a very good memory to recall seeing one, and you must to have a lot of years under your belt to have been present at any of them, these days we cannot even get into the first round.
    Your manager is doing wonders at Grimsby, funny thing is that he was deemed to be not good enough for us and was given the sack by our gambler, this was another to add to his losses.

HAope that you go further in the competition, and it was great seeing your fans enjoying their long treck to the South Coast, our own supporters do a lot of long trips themserlves, but it is to watch our Non-League games at places like Maidstone or Yeovil, and next season it will be to watch Scunny at South Shields and a few village teams in the NLN, soonce again guys well done and good luck in the next round.

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

As a reader/casual poster on here I now see how badly your posts lack any sort of validity and why why you get so few replies.
    ‘Without Var Grimsby would have lost 2-1 fair and square.’ Wow, want to read that back to yourself, unwind the tangled logic and then slap your forehead?
    ‘And your clubs Tweet about Harvey Price Richgy? Pure class.’ It’s a general meme, not directed at anyone in person, just a general reflection of someone happy about something. Either see it for that or twist it into your own miserable take,prove to all that you’re a snowflake and then, maybe, reflect on the follow up post from a Gy fan who wishes your club well.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

I live in Brighton, and remember watching The Iron play them in what is now L2. They nearly went out one year, finishing a point above Hereford. So a lot of their fans remember going through hard times. They won’t be underestimating Grimsby, and there will be a lot of goals.

FeO2FeO2
    Participant
    Registered On: October 30, 2021
    Topics: 4

Well done you Cods, enjoy your trip to Brighton & hope you can get a result.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Didn’t you see the “pure class” vanadrama I fully get the humour and support it, no humour is off the cards with me racist, sexist, ageist sicker the better, especially Harvey jokes, his mum puts him out there to make money so is fair game comedy heaven for everyone, she should be ashamed of herself don’t think she should earn a living off the back of Harvey. On the Var I’ll stick by what I said, happens all the time big club little club decisions.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

Two of my friends are cods, the majority of cods have supported us during our hard times and really did give us loads of backing. We should support their cup run and i brought some cods to some of our games. To support us.so it is time to kick into touch the hatred some of you still have and hope we can all look to some proper banter sooner than later.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

My son has severe autism and developmental delay so I am more sensitive to things like that when it comes to people mocking others with disabilities but I didnt find that the tweet crossed the line whatsoever . You can knock Katie price for a lot of things but from from I have seen she is a wonderful mum to that lad .

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I have one grandson diagnosed with autism adhd and epilepsy and probably another 3 though not diagnosed but showing traits of it, so yes no mocking but humour yes I’m sure you know the difference, sorry to here your son is on the severe side, anyone at first glance most wouldn’t know mine had problems, couldn’t agree more about her being a wonderful mum but she shouldn’t be putting him on tv making money off the back of him now her modeling days are over.

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022

Ok, it wasn’t a Harvey joke. Not Harvey, disabled or Katie Price related. It was a meme, it was relaying an emotion.
    I hate VAR generally, just about tolerate it in Cup games but I esriously would not want to watch VAR games week in week out.
    Daft thing is that they’ll tell you that VAR decisions will even out over time but that was said about refs in the first place.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

My dad mi uncle’s a nanna and grandad were all cods, but there’s nothing wrong with me or anyone else being a scunny fan having a nice healthy hatred of the cods.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Your uncle’s a nanna? Oh, okay.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SimonthemarinerSimonthemariner
    Participant
    Registered On: April 17, 2022
    Topics: 1

Once the money bags clubs have been promoted and the NL is a level playing field again, you guys with your new owners will be in for a shout of promotion back where you belong. Four years I reckon

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Your uncle’s a nanna? Oh, okay.

Awaywego to announce he’s transgender imminent.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Once the money bags clubs have been promoted and the NL is a level playing field again, you guys with your new owners will be in for a shout of promotion back where you belong. Four years I reckon

I think 7 seasons before we might make it back to the EFL.

Will we remain ‘full time’ next season – not that footballers have ever done a minimum 40 hour week at the coal face.

Back in the day, a 60 hour week was the norm for myself.

If / when we go part time – it’ll take even longer… if ever.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

60 hours a week? When I was 5, I was doing twice that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.